• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Voodoo Vince Remastered (XB1/PC, Early 2017)

Just arrived in Jeff's inbox! Coming in early 2017.

Via: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_mF6m_WJF8

scrshot5.jpg

( Unless Dan was trolling. I hope not. )

Update: Dan wasn't trolling! Here is the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w22BSdz_Dc

Update 2:
It's also coming to Steam, but it's on Greenlight:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=775078847

Jawmuncher

Now we just need

Crimson Skies
Mechassault 1&2
Brute Force
Azurik
Tao Feng
Kakuto Chojin

What other MS (dev or published) excsluives did the XB1 have

Vyse

Gold Member
Finished it back in the day. Final level almost made me break my controller. Great game. Very excited about a remaster!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Now we just need

Crimson Skies
Mechassault 1&2
Brute Force
Azurik
Tao Feng
Kakuto Chojin

What other MS (dev or published) excsluives did the XB1 have

To be clear, this probably isn't Microsoft's doing; Beep owns the game and Microsoft the IP. In all likelihood, it was Beep that approached Microsoft, which would certainly explain why the game is being published through ID.

Not surprised. I remember Phil Spencer saying on IGN's Xbox podcast that Voodoo Vince was his favorite OG Xbox game. He had fond memories of playing it with his kids when they were young.

Timu

Amazing, I already have the OG Xbox version but I wouldn't mind playing this, plus I hope the game gets more attention now.

Vinc

This has to be a Phil Spencer move lol

I might play this, is it any good? I miss 3D platformers a lot.

GWX

Oh man, I'd buy every single Xbox exclusive remaster, we need 'em all MS!

For now, I can say that I'll gladly check out Voodoo Vince when it releases.

jesu

Excellent, I don't think I ever played it back in the day but it always looked like I should have done.

Lijik

Finished it back in the day. Final level almost made me break my controller. Great game. Very excited about a remaster!
for me im not looking forward to replaying the carnival stage where you jump across all the broken down rides

a couple of those last levels were hard as nails.

Jawmuncher

To be clear, this isn't entirely Microsoft's doing; Beep owns the game and Microsoft the IP. In all likelihood, it was Beep that approached Microsoft.

Well then I hope some other companies of older games approach ms as well. Since Xbox emulation seems to be going nowhere.

Bane

Fucking yes! God, it always bummed me out how this game was forgotten. It's not Mario tier or anything but still a damn solid platformer.

novabolt

To be clear, this probably isn't Microsoft's doing; Beep owns the game and Microsoft the IP. In all likelihood, it was Beep that approached Microsoft, which would certainly explain why the game is being published through ID.

You need to go into furthermore detail please. Why release it for Windows 10 and Xbox, is it coming to Steam or PS4? Why doesn't Vince wear any pants, isn't he cold down there?

There's are very important questions.

Chris1

Never played it as I didn't own an OG Xbox but looks like a cool game. Will check it out when it releases.
OMG please bring a wave of OG Xbox exclusive ports!!!

I think this is what they are doing, with PD and now VV getting remastered.

360 games get the BC treatment
OG xbox games get the remaster treatment

I think it's a wise move since it means they can add achievements etc.

G0523

Whoa! Of all games to get remastered I wasn't expecting Voodoo Vince. This is great! AND Microsoft is publishing it?! Wow! Great news all around!

This game was decent but lost me at the
factory where you lure animals into a meat grinder

The amazing jazz soundtrack is the best bit.

Kid Heart

I can't say I saw that coming, but considering the good things I've heard about the game I might give it a whirl. I wonder if Blinx has a shot of coming back now...

Top Bottom