• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VR Games List: The Non-Definitive Edition

klaushm

UPDATED: 2016-02-01
VR Games List (Google Docs Link)
Thread started with: 293 games
Currently listed games: 403

Hello GAF. I've spent some of my time building this list, for a better view of what we might have.
Currently, there are 293 games in this list. Removing the rumored ones, there are 277 games, which still is amazing.

Answering some questions about it.

Why there is so much UNKNOWN and almost no games for HTC Vive?
I don't have the time, neither the patience, to search about every game and look extensively for their sources to confirm if it was going to release. So, that's why there is a lot of UNKNOWN and HTC Vive hasn't much games listed by me. So, I need your help to improve this list.

How can we help building an informative list for all?
You can post what is wrong about the list in the comments, giving your source of information, of course, so it's easier to check. But, I'll read the comments in my pace, so, if you have 100% sure of your source, or want to help updating this list, send me a PM with the subject "VR Games List". It will be of a great help and again, easier to spot.

Can I have access to filter the games list?
You don't need to. Just see at the top left, which has an icon for filter, click in it and select "Create as a temporary filter view", so you could filter by devices labels or sort the content.
xzQifyF.png

-------------------------------------

This spreadsheet has 3 layers/tabs: VR Games List, VR Devices Comparison and Sources.(Look at the bottom of spreadsheet)

VR Games List
Is just the games list with the status I've planned for it, simplified. I've not put cancelled or abandoned games for obvious reasons.
YES = Planned, confirmed, available;
NO = Confirmed that it won't be at this specific device;
EXCLUSIVE = Exclusive to this specific device;
TIMED EXCLUSIVE = Will come to others devices some day;
UNKNOWN = Neither confirmed or declined to be available some day to this device;
RUMOR = Demos that might become games, games rumored to support, or games rumored to be released;

VR Devices Comparison
It shows the total of VR games, as also the total of games for each label(YES, NO, etc...) and for each device.

The devices sum of games are calculated by: YES + EXCLUSIVE + TIMED EXCLUSIVE.
It's automatic and should never include NO, UNKNOWN and RUMOR, for obvious reasons.

Sources
This are the sources I've used as a base to create this list. As you give me your sources, I'll also add here, for a better view.

Wikipedia: List of games with Oculus Rift support
Wikipedia: PlayStation VR
NeoGAF: Let's Talk About PlayStation VR: List of Upcoming Titles
NeoGAF: The VR-PC Game thread
Weareable: Best Samsung Gear VR apps: The games, demos and experiences to download first
Gizmag: The best Gear VR games and apps in the Oculus Store
NeoGAF: Samsung Gear VR : Consumer Edition |OT| Goodbye, real world.
Steam: HTC Vive Compatible Games
Steam: Comprehensive VR Game/ Demo/ Software List
RoadToVR: HTC VIVE COMPATIBLE GAMES
VRfocus: HTC Vive Archive
VRfocus: OVER 200 DEVS ARE WORKING WITH PLAYSTATION VR, HERE’S OVER 60
Enter The Rift: Taipei Games Show 2016: 3 nouvelles expériences pour le PS VR annoncées

----------------------------

Future updates
- 2016-01-14: Games list updated (Source1, Source2);
- 2016-01-14: Gear VR and some games for it (Source1, Source2, Source3);
- 2016-01-14: Games list updated: Adding some HTC Vive games (Source 1, Source 2);
- 2016-01-15: Games list updated: Adding more HTC Vive games (Source 1)
- 2016-01-17: Games list updated (Source 1)
- 2016-01-20: Games list updated (Source 1)
- 2016-02-02: Games list updated (Source 1)

The Gallery, Job Simulator and Hover Junkers have been among the better showcases for the Vive. I don't know how those can be unknown.

The Gallery, Job Simulator and Hover Junkers have been among the better showcases for the Vive. I don't know how those can be unknown.

Why there is so much UNKNOWN and almost no games for HTC Vive?
I don't have the time, neither the patience, to search about every game and look extensively for their sources to confirm if it was going to release. So, that's why there is a lot of UNKNOWN and HTC Vive hasn't much games listed by me. So, I need your help to improve this list.

Guess thats why ;)

Enordash

I appreciate people compiling lists of games with VR support, but I would love to see a list of games that were actually developed with VR in mind. After playing TF2 on the Rift DK1, I don't know why anyone would want to subject themselves to that experience. A lot of the games that have retroactive VR support really don't seem like they are worth checking out.

Edit: I don't mean to devalue the work you put in. Thanks for making the list! It's still very helpful!

Durante

You know, I can't help but detect some bias in the way this list was created :p

For example, Radial-G, which I've been playing from time to time on my DK2 for months, is listed as "Rumour" for PSVR for some reason but "Unknown" for Rift and Vive. (It is announced for both)

Budget Cuts is announced for Vive, rumoured for Rift+Touch (should this be a separate platform? The game will never support touch-less Rift), nothing on PSVR.

AAK

Summer Lesson was used by Harada during his presentation at an HTC seminar. It's not a formal announcement but I think it's safe to say it'll be available for it in the future. I'd like to say the same thing will happen for Ace Combat 7 and Tekken 7.

Also, Until Dawn is probably exclusive.

klaushm

Adr1ft, Surgeon Simulator
Among the Sleep: canceled

The Gallery, Job Simulator and Hover Junkers

Radial-G, Budget Cuts

Thanks for your help. Those games are updated now.
Keep coming :p

I appreciate people compiling lists of games with VR support, but I would love to see a list of games that were actually developed with VR in mind. After playing TF2 on the Rift DK1, I don't know why anyone would want to subject themselves to that experience. A lot of the games that have retroactive VR support really don't seem like they are worth checking out.

Edit: I don't mean to devalue the work you put in. Thanks for making the list! It's still very helpful!

I agree with you. I was thinking also in labeling them on AVAILABLE, PLANED and CONFIRMED. Labels for VR GAME and VR SUPPORT would be awesome to. Better comparison.

One of those would replace YES, but it is too much work for one guy hehe. With GAF help, maybe I can do this o/

Summer Lesson was used by Harada during his presentation at an HTC seminar. It's not a formal announcement but I think it's safe to say it'll be available for it in the future. I'd like to say the same thing will happen for Ace Combat 7 and Tekken 7.

Also, Until Dawn is probably exclusive.

Done the update on Until Dawn. Huge mistake. It's an obvious exclusive haha. tks.
Updated Summer Lesson.
I don't know about Ace Combat 7, because it was announced as an exclusive. Could you provide some source to this info? Also for Tekken 7. Already removed EXCLUSIVE label for Tekken 7.

It would be way too bothersome to go all through and also list all sources, so I'm just going to look at the PC VR thread and my posts and dump here the things I know

also on the Vive:

Time Machine VR
Hover Junkers
The Gallery
Eagle Flight
World War Toons (also for PSVR)
The Assembly
World of Diving
Surgeon Simulator

Vive-only (some haven't talked about Rift yet, some plant to support it, but focus on vive for now):
Fantastic Contraption
Budget Cuts
Cloudlands: Minigolf VR

Vive and PSVR:
Thunderbird

Rift (some are exclusive, maybe timed or full, not clarified, unkonw for the Vive and PSVR):
Dead & Buried
Vox Machinae
Gang Beasts
AirMech VR
Chronos
Defense Grid 2 VR
Esper
Moon Strike
I Expect You to Die
VR Sports Challenge

on both Rift and Vive:
Skyworld
Final Approach
Nimbus Knights

Durante

Rift+Touch (should this be a separate platform? The game will never support touch-less Rift)
What do you (and everyone else) think of this?

I think it makes some sense to distinguish games that require Touch, as it's not part of the initial package. Maybe a "*" or "(T!)" is sufficient.

Also, WTF, FFXIV has PSVR announced? Seriously? They are going to do an unwavering 60 FPS in an MMO not built from the ground for VR? Nah.

You know, I can't help but detect some bias in the way this list was created :p

For example, Radial-G, which I've been playing from time to time on my DK2 for months, is listed as "Rumour" for PSVR for some reason but "Unknown" for Rift and Vive. (It is announced for both)

Budget Cuts is announced for Vive, rumoured for Rift+Touch (should this be a separate platform? The game will never support touch-less Rift), nothing on PSVR.

How about the homie just didn't know, you are so annoying with your accusatory shit.

Enordash

I agree with you. I was thinking also in labeling them on AVAILABLE, PLANED and CONFIRMED. Labels for VR GAME and VR SUPPORT would be awesome to. Better comparison.

One of those would replace YES, but it is too much work for one guy hehe. With GAF help, maybe I can do this o/

I do like the "VR GAME" / "VR SUPPORT" labels. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention, but I assumed there'd be a bigger push on showing 'must-have' VR games (other than EVE:V which gets a ton of attention and looks great).

klaushm

Thank you so much.

It would be way too bothersome to go all through and also list all sources, so I'm just going to look at the PC VR thread and my posts and dump here the things I know

also on the Vive:

Time Machine VR
Hover Junkers
The Gallery
Eagle Flight
World War Toons (also for PSVR)
The Assembly
World of Diving
Surgeon Simulator
Updated.

Vive-only (some haven't talked about Rift yet, some plant to support it, but focus on vive for now):
Fantastic Contraption
Budget Cuts
Cloudlands: Minigolf VR
So, for safety, will put those on TIMED EXCLUSIVE with RUMOR for Rift.

Vive and PSVR:
Thunderbird
Updated

Rift (some are exclusive, maybe timed or full, not clarified, unkonw for the Vive and PSVR):
Dead & Buried
Vox Machinae
Gang Beasts
AirMech VR
Chronos
Defense Grid 2 VR
Esper
Moon Strike
I Expect You to Die
VR Sports Challenge
Updated. Some I could find information about been exclusive, other don't.

on both Rift and Vive:
Skyworld
Final Approach
Nimbus Knights
Updated

No GearVR?
Will be there. I've put HTC Vive there, even not having much information about it, because I didn't want to think I was excluding it.
I'll be loking for some games for GearVR also.

Top Bottom