• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaEx: Rosenstein never recommended the firing of James Comey.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/c...d-that-trump-fire-james-comey/article/2623616

And on Friday, Rosenstein confirmed what the Washington Examiner reported ten days earlier. "My memorandum is not a statement of reasons to justify a for-cause termination," according to his prepared remarks to House and Senate lawmakers.

Rosenstein has been getting a bad reputation, but before he became AAG he had a good one. It seems like Trump may have accidentally hired a decent human being he can't conspire with.

Tamanon

Banned
"My memorandum is not a statement of reasons to justify a for-cause termination,"

Wait....what? I thought that was the whole point of putting reasons!

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Holy shit. They really put Rosenstein out there too, just to be dragged around. Makes the Mueller appointment and the way in which he was appointed that much more amazing.

androvsky

"My memorandum is not a statement of reasons to justify a for-cause termination,"

Wait....what? I thought that was the whole point of putting reasons!

I think his memo was more along the lines of "well, Comey's getting the boot, but here's some reasons why it'll be good for the FBI in the long run" as opposed to "Comey needs to be fired because reasons". The former is to make staff and agents feel better about the direction of the agency given Comey's ouster, while the latter is a justification for firing a sitting FBI Director, which is something Rosenstein was not at all comfortable authoring.

Sephzilla

Bah Gawd, King, Rosenstein just hit him from behind with that steel chair!

huOlNc.gif

Someone needs to put Rosenstein's face on Seth Rollins, Trump's on Roman Reigns, and Session's on Dean Ambrose

DOWN

Banned
Eh, nobody writes that letter about Comey and ends it with "we need this kind of director instead" without it meaning Comey is due for termination

There's a reason that letter passed when it was initially sold to the public as a firing recommendation

LProtag

I wonder if he's doing this for vindication or if he's the hero we need and is the first Republican in a position that can do something who is breaking ranks.

If one has integrity and cares about one's good reputation that has been built through a lifetime of work, don't put that on the line for Donald fucking Trump. It's pretty simple stuff. An elementary school kid would look at Trump once and say "that's a bullshitter" if kids used the term bullshitter. Someone who made a name for himself in the public eye in supermarket aisle tabloids. Not a slick move.

Top Bottom