• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Walking Dead: A New Lawsuit from Current Producers

sinkfla87

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/th...-massive-amc-profits-scam-new-lawsuit-1029197

Frank Darabont has been at war with AMC now for quite a while and I believe that particular lawsuit is set to wrap up soon. The news here is that the CURRENT producers (Including Kirkman, Creator) have followed suit (no pun intended) with a lawsuit of their own. I saw people on another forum discussing and questioning what this potentially means for the fans but figured someone here could throw their own knowledgeable 2 cents in here.

Poorly CGI me in an old carnival ground if old.

Edit: I should note that Glenn Mazzara is also currently involved despite leaving as showrunner years ago.

Eat shit AMC, you get what's coming to you

Not only are you cooking the books, but you ruined the potential of a show I gave a shit about because of your insane greed.

jelly

Wow, AMC are scum and going by how the series if made, they are dragging their heals and making even more money.

border

Why would the show end because of a lawsuit? The producers will get their back-pay and the show will keep truckin'. It's too successful not to.

sinkfla87

Why would the show end because of a lawsuit? The producers will get their back-pay and the show will keep truckin'. It's too successful not to.

People think AMC are pretty arrogant and petty, therefore yeah there is no way in hell they're going to kill their moneymaker but they might fire or push out the current producers of the show out of spite. They did that to Darabont for much less already. AMC is notoriously greedy, cheap, and vindictive so that's why this news is kind of like an "uh oh". I don't see Scott Gimple's name anywhere in the suit which I think is odd. They'd fire every overseer and kill off every character and make it the Daryl show if it greatly benefitted them and they had complete control haha.

Edit: I say "uh oh" as typically new leaders would put the show in questions quality in Jeopardy but in all fairness this is the walking dead lol.

zer0das

Banned
AMC really wants to kill their golden goose. I wouldn't be surprised if their future director already has a lawsuit prepared.

Holy shit AMC, just fucking pay people. You have the most popular show on television that's made on the most shoestring of budgets, give a little.

Jigorath

Banned
Any fan of quality television should want this to drive a stake through the show's heart.

I suffered through like five seasons of this garbage, when can I file my lawsuit?

I bailed out after about 5 seasons. No clue why I lasted that long. I only liked the first season.

Is Breaking Bad the only show that AMC didn't intentionally gimp or punish for being successful?

Breaking Bad had to deal with some fuckery too. AMC originally wanted to end the series with a shortened 5th season of only like 8 episodes instead of the usual 13. Vince Gilligan wasn't on board with that. AMC and Gilligan eventually comprised by doing 16 episodes but splitting them up over two years. What's funny is that Breaking Bad exploded in popularity in its 5th season so AMC looked pretty moronic for trying to shove it into an early grave.

sinkfla87

I bailed out after about 5 seasons. No clue why I lasted that long. I only liked the first season.

Breaking Bad had to deal with some fuckery too. AMC originally wanted to end the series with a shortened 5th season of only like 8 episodes instead of the usual 13. Vince Gilligan wasn't on board with that. AMC and Gilligan eventually comprised by doing 16 episodes but splitting them up over two years. What's funny is that Breaking Bad exploded in popularity in its 5th season so AMC looked pretty moronic for trying to shove it into an early grave.

I'm really glad Gilligan fought that. I don't understand what AMC's deal is. It's like they enjoy having a bad reputation in Hollywood lol.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Straight up thought the 'Walking Dead: A New Lawsuit' was some kind of new spin off show

You would have thiught after the first lawsuit that AMC would learn

Cipherr

God. AMC... they had issues with Breaking Bad and Mad Men too right? Like, what the fuck is wrong with them? Are they just allergic to being decent? Even when they get hit shows they start fucking with them. Really strange.

KingV

Pretty shocking how badly mishandled The Walking Dead has been for how big it managed to get.

It's a great concept for a show based off a really good comic. I eventually stopped watching it despite still being a fan of the book because of how the adaptation is handled.

Frankly, it needs more action.

I would be fine with 30 minute episodes, so they can cut down on the waving philosophical about how much the world sucks now that there's zombies everywhere

It's a great concept for a show based off a really good comic. I eventually stopped watching it despite still being a fan of the book because of how the adaptation is handled.

Frankly, it needs more action.

I would be fine with 30 minute episodes, so they can cut down on the waving philosophical about how much the world sucks now that there's zombies everywhere
God this is sooo annoying. How many times do we have to hear that the world is different now? Nothing makes me roll my eyes harder on this show than when someone starts spouting off their philosophical stuff.

One of the worst offenders was Denise back in season 6. Kept trying to reprimand Daryl and Rosita for shit, as if she had any ground to stand on. She lived in a gated community for the entire apocalypse, Daryl and Rosita were out in the world, fighting to survive.

Top Bottom