• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump asked intelligence chiefs to push back against FBI collusion probe

Lo-Volt

Any good press he expected to occur because of his trip will pretty much be squashed by these continued stories.

Looks like we're in for another week! "It's only Monday"

And even the trip is being met with a lot of skepticism and drama. Melania swatting her husband's hand away, the exhaustion visible on the president's face, the orb. Not a good "look".

KarmaCow

If he's stupid enough to try this, he must have done worse before this and gotten away with it to make him think this was in anyway a good idea. There is no way that this doesn't come off as suspicious at the very least.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If you follow the timing progression of the stories that have been leaked recently, this seems to be a concrete line of evidence pointing to obstruction.

CO_Andy

2oEv2wj.gif

Kusagari

Notice how this drops right after we find out Mueller's specifically looking at obstruction of justice charges.

IC is coordinating this shit.

Steel

Banned
And even the trip is being met with a lot of skepticism and drama. Melania swatting her husband's hand away, the exhaustion visible on the president's face, the orb. Not a good "look".

Not even to mention the awkward "But I didn't sell you out Israel!" moment.

This is an important part too:

In addition to the requests to Coats and Rogers, senior White House officials sounded out top intelligence officials about the possibility of intervening directly with Comey to encourage the FBI to drop its probe of Michael Flynn, Trump's former national security adviser, according to people familiar with the matter. The officials said the White House appeared uncertain about its power to influence the FBI.

”Can we ask him to shut down the investigation? Are you able to assist in this matter?" one official said of the line of questioning from the White House.

The Trump administration clearly had no idea that obstruction of justice is a crime, which is not all that surprising given how incompetent they've been since taking office.

This is an important part too:

The Trump administration clearly had no idea that obstruction of justice is a crime, which is not all that surprising given how incompetent they've been since taking office.

We know the guy has only avoided prosecution for multiple crimes because he always settles out of court. So it's not going to be remotely surprising if he ends up having committed a crime in the course of his campaign or in running his presidency, whether that's collusion with Russia or something else.

The question is going to be, what comes of it? Personally I think something will, but given that he's powerful, white, male and rich, I can't imagine it'll be just.

But if we can get the fucker out of office before 2020, that'd be aces.

jelly

If he's stupid enough to try this, he must have done worse before this and gotten away with it to make him think this was in anyway a good idea. There is no way that this doesn't come off as suspicious at the very least.

Totally. Nobody would risk it unless they feared the truth coming out and Trump went for it. Let me see those skeletons. I think he fears nothing more than losing his business so likely he is supremely dodgy with trails to prove it which puts a target on his back becoming President but his chance was to create a government mafia like his business but he couldn't get them on board thank god. Now Trump is sweating as the walls close in.

Obstruction of justice.
I really don't know how it could be any clearer.

He demanded loyalty of the chief investigator and later fired him. He pushed IC officials to shut down any investigations of Flynn and collusion and asked them to make false statements to the press in an effort to avoid a special prosecutor.

Trump has stated his motivations and intentions both on national TV and in notes of his conversation with the Russians in the oval office. And we have dated memos with multiple corroborations.

What in the world is needed beyond this?

RCSI

Can we get a day off from this shit? For fuck's sake.

To paraphrase the immortal words of Fall Out Boy, Washington journalism ain't a scene; it's a goddamned arms race.

Day off? That's what the weekends are for, just ask Trump. The two scoop timing of these articles most likely is for television networks to report on the findings, in time for Trump and his evening viewings. Thus maximizing the impact on Trump's state of mind.

teiresias

Given all of this BS that's out here about Trump, the obviously partisan NYC office of the FBI needs to be purged for forcing the push of the Clinton email letter.

Hell, the office itself and the agents in it should be under investigation for ties to the Russian collision.

KingV

Notice how this drops right after we find out Mueller's specifically looking at obstruction of justice charges.

IC is coordinating this shit.

There were some leaks months ago about how the intel community was going to make sure he died in jail... I thought it was ridiculous at the time, but now

me last week and apparently this week:

"maybe i won't have a beer tonight since it's a weekday"

*reads news*

*gets beer from fridge*

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I really don't know how it could be any clearer.

He demanded loyalty of the chief investigator and later fired him. He pushed IC officials to shut down any investigations of Flynn and collusion and asked them to make false statements to the press in an effort to avoid a special prosecutor.

Trump has stated his motivations and intentions both on national TV and in notes of his conversation with the Russians in the oval office. And we have dated memos with multiple corroborations.

What in the world is needed beyond this?

Congress to give a crap.

*goes to store*
*buys popcorn*
*returns*
*places popcorn in microwave*
*waits*
*removes popcorn from microwave*
*turns on television*
*CNN*

Top Bottom