• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump asked intelligence chiefs to push back against FBI collusion probe

WedgeX

Banned
Illegal leaks!

Just more propaganda!

BZWe7o3.jpg

Or at least that's what the Russian propaganda in DC tells me.

“The problem wasn’t so much asking them to issue statements, it was asking them to issue false statements about an ongoing investigation,” a former senior intelligence official said of the request to Coats.

vzy7J.gif

Trump is so

so

so

so

so

so

fucked

It sometimes does feel like the weekend bell rings every time the administration is on the ropes. The pressure is pretty relentless at the moment though, so let's hope the pace can be kept.

For the GOP to reach the point where supporting him will be absolutely disastrous for them.
I was thinking more along the lines of the argument that while Trump's actions seemed maybe like obstruction, they didn't specifically reach the threshold of a crime. Can we blow that out of the water now?

Trump has told us what was in his mind. He's told us all and the Russians what he wanted as a result of firing Comey. And we have a dated paper trail of obstruction.

ggx2ac

It felt like only yesterday that Trump was threatening Comey with "tapes"[sic] but everyone has notes on Trump trying to obstruct the Russia investigation​.

Blueblur1

Senior intelligence officials also saw the March requests as a threat to the independence of U.S. spy agencies, which are supposed to remain insulated from partisan issues.

“The problem wasn’t so much asking them to issue statements, it was asking them to issue false statements about an ongoing investigation,” a former senior intelligence official said of the request to Coats.
False statements.

CNN just touched on this. They said Coats has insight of the investigation so that implies there's collusion. But then they moved on from that.

Maxim726X

So... Multiple cases of obstruction of justice?

Man, it's getting harder and harder to see how he stays in office at this rate. Don't see how at least one of these stories won't stick.

It sometimes does feel like the weekend bell rings every time the administration is on the ropes. The pressure is pretty relentless at the moment though, so let's hope the pace can be kept.

DING%20DING_zpsk6iih1xk.gif.cf.gif

For sure. Honestly thankful for weekends. Gives me time to read over and digest all the offerings of the week. It's actually overwhelming.

jelly

Helicopter ride....

Trump "We aren't going to the White House?"

"No Sir"

Trump "Read Trumps mind, golf, steak and ketchup at Mar a Lago. Sounds good"

"No Sir, off site for FBI pick up, you might want to take this cufflinks off, you will be getting new cuffs of sort"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
CNN just touched on this. They said Coats has insight of the investigation so that implies there's collusion. But then they moved on from that.

Probably because it'll be infinitely easier to prove obstruction. I mean, Trump literally went around telling anyone who would listen that he wanted to obstruct justice.

And now flat out discussing Flynn's lies. 1. The his Russian trip was paid for by American companies (not true, it was Russians), and that 2. Flynn had no contacts with Russian government officials (except sitting at the table with Putin).

Xando

Going after the IC and get them in trouble by allies not trusting Trump will destroy his presidency.
The NSA probably knows so much shit about Trump by now.

smurfx

get some go again
bet you trump regrets not giving giuliani and christie important positions since they are both just as corrupt as he is.

Mifune

Mehmber
A friend said he thinks Trump will resign by the end of the summer and I'm more and more inclined to agree with each news barrage. Plus he already looks like a dead man walking, there are reports of stamina issues. Dude is gonna cut and run at the first opportunity. That way he can claim victimhood and victory (since he left on his own terms).

pestul

A friend said he thinks Trump will resign by the end of the summer and I'm more and more inclined to agree with each news barrage. Plus he already looks like a dead man walking, there are reports of stamina issues. Dude is gonna cut and run at the first opportunity. That way he can claim victimhood and victory (since he left on his own terms).
Even if he did resign, I don't think this Russian investigation is going to end abruptly because of it.

jelly

I don't mind if he resigns but he still needs taken down afterwards, his business, associates, others etc. Don't let him walk away and forget about it.

Maxim726X

Congress still has to do something. Unless they move nothing will change.

Sure, but if they're looking at blatant Obstruction charges... They'll have to do something eventually. His approval gets any lower and they may want to toss his ass overboard.

CazTGG

I don't mind if he resigns but he still needs taken down afterwards, his business, associates, others etc. Don't let him walk away and forget about it.

What are the chances that Pence/Ryan/Hatch would pardon Trump, assuming they aren't implicated as well?

Mifune

Mehmber

His businesses will crash and burn if he flees the presidency or gets ousted. He will become a laughingstock (more than he is already, even).

Kettch

I get the feeling that we're not too far away from the "Trump didn't know what he was doing, he's new to all of this" excuse being used.

Top Bottom