• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe Closed Beta Giveaway

glaurung

Platinum never drops inside the game. Which kind of sucks, wish they'd have another game currency you could grind to get those time-locked items.

luffeN

But you will never play against other human players right? So the pay to win is only to be better against the game.

Played it for a bit.

Great visuals, some of the animations are wonky (walk real slow and your character glides) it has controller support but no configuration for them that I found (I admit I didn't look too hard). You have to pay to equip mods...that's no bueno.

Hopefully they implement an anti aliasing setting, I have to run it at 2560x1600 + SMAA and downscale for any decency. Did I mention performance was great?

B00TE

Surprised at how well this game runs on my laptop! Probably the best looking thing I've played on it. Like a lot of things about the game, aesthetically especially. Was sad to see how much you had to pay for, would have liked to at least earn the thing to get more colors to customize myself with, oh well.

Only played the first mission by myself, was fun. Ran out of ammo a bunch until I started to look for ammo and such and found supply cabinets you can open and junk falls out of 'em. Wondering what else I can find by poking around.

Towards the end of the first mission, I just started running by all the enemies, which ended up working. Not sure if I was supposed to do that, but the option was nice. Will try playing with others when I next play, the game certainly seems promising. The fact it runs well and looks good on this crappy laptop also helps!

Love doing the jump slash, knocks them down. The movement in this is great.

Running and doing charged up slash when timing it just right is great.

Too bad there's a delay in the confirmation of the attack. And enemies sometimes stand around with zero AI.

B00TE

Noticed that too. Have to echo earlier complaints about how trying to melee dudes in a corner or in cover sucks.

Playing with other people is way more fun. Dunno if it's because I'm still low level with meh equipment, but running around and slashing dudes into bits is hilarious when everyone is zipping around and doing that. Combine that with all the gunfire and our abilities, it makes for a fun time.

Have you guys tried this dive roll when you're aiming?

iZMTYHzfSBnyU.gif

B00TE

Oooh, how do you do that?

If you crouch slide then jump you do a long jump flip thing that looks neat.

Made another account, didn't like Volt and it seems like it'd take too long to swap to another class. Made an Excalibur, much better suited for my style of play.

Oooh, how do you do that?

If you crouch slide then jump you do a long jump flip thing that looks neat.

Made another account, didn't like Volt and it seems like it'd take too long to swap to another class. Made an Excalibur, much better suited for my style of play.

Just aim your gun, then press Space.

I need to try that one out.

docbon

I thought the prices were steep until I found out I can sell the items I get.

Stealthing at the beginning of a level feels so good, I wish the game conformed to that style a bit more.

haha, oh shit. I have a dozen mods in my inventory ranging from 500-2500 credits in value. money in the bank.

Crouch slide + melee = knee slash

My new favorite thing to do, lol.

Also, saving up 45k for dual swords... Going to take a while :(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Grabbed a key. Downloading now. I love the artstyle. This is the Dark Sector I always wanted.

I think with a little bit of touch ups here and there this can be a really popular game, I wouldn't mind some change of scenery though ... like visiting different planets or some kind of defend your base horde mode

There are monsters on Venus, so that's a cool bit of change. Since it's going the MMO route, I could see this getting pretty interesting with the variety of enemies and planets.

Outdoor areas would be appreciated.

jediyoshi

But you will never play against other human players right? So the pay to win is only to be better against the game.

I think that's what I like about something like vindictus. Cash shop up the wazoo, but the draw of the game is mostly just coop. Coincidentally Warface also has a pretty heavy coop component to it.

thx a lot :) grabbed a key

lol I thought it was Warface at first

Same here, then I read the title again just a bit ago. Signed up and got a key. Looking forward to playing this. Looks/reminds me A LOT of Dark Sector - especially the first iteration sci-fi version.

demolitio

Damn, actually will like this one. I just hope it's a decent F2P model.

Ingame name is Demolitio if there's a friends list.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm really liking this. It definitely feels like Mass Effect multiplayer mixed with space ninjas.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Damn... how is it even possible that the beta is so small? Only 800 mb. That's like PS1 levels :eek:.

thetrin

That's depressing.

I'm guessing you never saw the original Dark Sector trailer when it looked essentially like Warframe. That's what I was referring to.

Btw, I'm thetrin in game. Feel free to add me.

Spazznid

Bought a Founder pack, But so far (10 minutes) I haven't recieved any email with my or other keys, nor the confirmation from them and I haven't recieved the in-game money yet.....

K.Sabot

Bought a Founder pack, But so far (10 minutes) I haven't recieved any email with my or other keys, nor the confirmation from them and I haven't recieved the in-game money yet.....

I threw down too, the email and rewards took a bit of time and a couple of relogs to come in.

1stStrike

Banned
Holy fuck, this is awesome. Needs a little bit more polish, and could use some more story elements (not to mention different locations), but I'm sure those will come with open beta / release.

Seriously, this is exactly what was missing from my life. An online game that doesn't force you to do PvP, but has coop and fucking samurai swords.

Founder, here I come.

Spazznid

Still nothing so I submitted a ticket to their support team...

Every time this happens it's on a Friday night and the offices to whatever help line is closed until Monday.... FML

Name in-game is Saavedro.

Holy cow, just fought the Jackal boss (lvl28)... Nuckin' Futs. Of course I died after we killed him, with no revives left, right as we were heading to the evacuation point... No reward for me!

Zeal

Banned
So glad this awesome game is getting the attention it deserves. Best art design since Deus Ex:HR and the gameplay will grow on you. The whole experience just gets really addictive. The game oozes style.

Also like how you can quickly drop into a match and complete missions with friends.

F2P games really are becoming the way to go...

Spazznid

My nephew and I stop at least 12 times per mission to play freaking ninjas.

We challenge each other to longjump from one thing to another, or do a set combo or karate kick through gaps, etc.

I REALLY hope my purchase gets sorted out, but as for the game.... It's awesome.

All they need is more assets, like planet-based levels, trees, outside, maybe some water. Some diversity among the maps would help a lot.

This game MUST be played with others, preferably friends...

Also you MUST kill everything and everyone in as ninja a way as possible.
It says so in the Terms of Service...

ZenVolta

Finally beat the Jackal boss. After the game just straight up said "Nope" and spawning the boss doing his aoe attack nonstop. Felt good. No good drops though.

Overall the games pretty awesome. Can be a tad buggy but its still beta and all that.

docbon

Name in-game is Saavedro.

Holy cow, just fought the Jackal boss (lvl28)... Nuckin' Futs. Of course I died after we killed him, with no revives left, right as we were heading to the evacuation point... No reward for me!

the Jackal made my group rage so hard. I still don't understand that nuke that it sets off. It instantly team wiped us at least 4 times, so we ended up waiting til after we got our daily revives before we made our winning attempt. Multiple excalibur warframes with their damage ability seem to be the fastest way of taking it down.

Mechazawa

Protip: I'm pretty sure there's a red camera on one of the walls near the green laser doorways. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that breaking/shooting them is how you turn them off.

Of course, it's all the same to me since I'm Excalibur Master Race and can just Slash Boost through the lasers.

Top Bottom