• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Atlas157

Thanks! Are weapons, suits and other big items available by playing?

Yep, you can pick up Warframe blueprints as random drops from bosses, and build them.

They consist of four blueprints

1. The blueprint of the Warframe itself
2. Warframe helmet
3. Warframe chassis
4. Warframe systems

Once you get the helmet, chassis, and systems + the required amount of Orokin Cells, then you can start building that frame.

Weapons only need a certain amount of materials, and for weapons you can buy the blueprints using in game credits instead of Platinum. You cannot do this for Warframe blueprints though.

Yep, you can pick up Warframe blueprints as random drops from bosses, and build them.

They consist of four blueprints

1. The blueprint of the Warframe itself
2. Warframe helmet
3. Warframe chassis
4. Warframe systems

Weapons only need a certain amount of materials, and for weapons you can buy the blueprints using in game credits instead of Platinum. You cannot do this for Warframe blueprints though.

on PS4, frames bp drop from boss ? On PC you buy the main BP on the market for credits, the rest (helm, chassis, system bp drop from bosses)

Nakazato

I find that in Survival missions you mostly stick the same general area, activating life support systems whenever it gets low. It's basically like horde mode or defense missions without predefined waves. I think you can leave after the first 5 minutes but every additional 5 minutes you last gets you another reward.

And yea I've run into a lot of games where the lag makes it impossible to really do anything. At that point I just hope the other people playing are killing the stuff some how.

ok thanks :)

and Id be down for gaf clan.

W1SSY

Downloaded this because BF4 is a mess and enjoying it. Got to Apollodorus which is the first survival and just got wiped on it.

It would be nice if they had gone into some more details on stuff. It was a little shocking to start the game and be faced with picking a warframe without being informed about them. It would have also been nice to know that you do not get locked into a warframe.

Hey guys, I need some advice. Every game, I seem to do a very little percentage of the damage, but I always have 15+ melee kills. Do I need to focus more on gun play, or am I just under leveled?

Also, I am also for GAF clan.

NeOak

Created one. ID is neoaku. Tell me if you want to be a mod too. Just called it "NeoGAF"

I was the GM of the TERA guild while it was alive, so I have a bit of experience :p

I'm having a bit of fun with this game, but it's gotten to the point where I really want new weapons but I don't have near enough pay-2-win credits or materials in-game...

K.Sabot

I'm having a bit of fun with this game, but it's gotten to the point where I really want new weapons but I don't have near enough pay-2-win credits or materials in-game...

You can sell mods you don't want and do bosses again to sell the schematics that drop from them.

You should be getting a schematic every time you kill a boss now. Used to, you'd only have a chance of it dropping. So make sure to sell your excess schematics because those can add up to a lot of money as well.

Certain materials also drop more in certain areas. Most people have problems getting Rubedo, but you just have to go to the appropriate planet to find that it's the main drop there.
Bosses drop the more rare materials, and don't forget that around level 20 you'll be eligible for Tier 1 Orokin Void missions (though you might need to be a higher level to do the Survival and Defense missions).

NeOak

Ok, added everyone in the in game friend list. Those who I invited to the clan, lets level it up. I'll craft the dojo key.

Edit: 100 platinum later, we have a dojo. I used the plus one so I don't mind.

Edit 2: Started the construction of the shadow dojo to expand.

Lucent

Ok, added everyone in the in game friend list. Those who I invited to the clan, lets level it up. I'll craft the dojo key.

Edit: 100 platinum later, we have a dojo. I used the plus one so I don't mind.

Edit 2: Started the construction of the shadow dojo to expand.

You can add me if you want.

PSN: Lucent85

NeOak

Is it the clan key that I have to build to go in?

I think you'll have to build your own to access it D:

It's barebones atm, I need a couple of things to expand. I would probably need to buy platinum to do it quickly though.

Lucent

I think you'll have to build your own to access it D:

It's barebones atm, I need a couple of things to expand. I would probably need to buy platinum to do it quickly though.

Okay. Yeah I need to find (1)Morphics and a little more than 150 more of that Polymer Bundle. Then it takes 12 hours to build.

sol_bad

I would like to start playing this game with you guys but I can't remember my psn name. lol
I'm at work atm.

Mirimar

I'd like an invite as well, please.
PSN BloodyCheerios

ah wait, there's a clan maximum of 10? That's pretty lame =/

Oh! To upgrade clan sizes is where the Clan Dojo comes in. It's very time consuming (ie: lots of waiting around unless you're willing to drop platinum). Since your clan is just starting out and everyone is starting out fresh with new accounts, it's probably going to take a while to get the materials (ie: Forma... unless people buy them with plat).

The hardest part is plotting out where things will go and managing reactors. Building rooms and hallways consumes capacity and energy. Your clan only starts off with 100 capacity and... 5 energy? I suggest making a cross connector hallway and throwing a reactor off it first. That will give you enough energy for a while. I suggest the Warlord getting a pencil and paper for further layout plotting ;)

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Clan_Dojo

Need to build rooms called Barracks to upgrade the size. To make matters worse, you have to build them in sequence for each Clan Tier if you want to keep expanding.

Have fun!

I've had two matches now where my co-op partner glitched into some kind of digital coma (in the case of a random I played with) or couldn't get beyond a doorway that was open for me, but not for him somehow and acted as a invisible wall.

In both cases I had to abort the mission because I couldn't open the co-op door for extraction.

Buggy game is pretty buggy so far. When it works its a good time so far, and it only gets better as I remember from playing the PC version for a few more levels.

Lucent

Building myself a clan key now. Took forever to find the Polymer Bundles I needed. Manage to get two Morphics tonight. One used for the key.

NeOak

Bought some platinum and started the cross section hall. Should be up in 12 hrs.

Until we get more space in a day or two, post here if you want to be in the clan to help expand it asap. You'll have to donate materials so we can get the reactor and the barracks.

Those who'd like to be officers, let me know too. I'd like to keep the clan open to non gaffers since that keeps it alive.

Bladelaw

Feel free to add me to the clan. I just started playing last night and got hooked hard.
EST
rank 3 Exclaibur
PSN: fadeddream

AndyD

aka andydumi
I enjoyed what I played of it last night, although my team-mates seemed to be pretty clueless.

That may have been me. Played for the first time last night and had a blast, but was generally clueless as to what to do other than shoot/slash and pick up stuff out of containers.

It's totally playable. It runs really well for me.

I agree. It was buttery smooth. I also like the easy matchup with random people across the web.

I am enjoying this game quite a bit. I will have to find the manual though as I am not sure what I am doing with the stuff I picked up and how my items are leveling up. I think my frame is level 2 and so is my affinity with the weapon? Not sure. I saw a bunch of level ups.

LkPr

finally got my ps4 last night and downloaded Warframe right away. I'm still a noob (I barely played this on the PC) but I really enjoy this game and plan on playing quite a bit and getting to know my way around.

If a clan space opens up I would love to join! Add me if you want to play sometime as well!

PSN: LkPr
EST

Respect

Add me also to the clan if there is room please! And feel free to add me to run some games!

PSN ID: Wrecked-One
30 Mag

Plan on leveling a Trinity and Volt warframe as soon as I can get all the mats together.

Edit: EST

And you thought no one would want to join the clan.
;O
I'm glad that this works out so well, besides the whole dojo hold up. I almost have enough polymer for a clan key, and after that, I'll start donating supplies to help out. I'll also try to see what I can do to get my hands on some platinum.

Tayaya

How much would I enjoy this game if it's something I only put an hour here or an hour there into? It looks really cool and I've been wanting to give it a try for some time now, but I really don't have hundreds of hours to dump into MMOs like so many of them demand. Is it very grindy? If I had to choose between this and DC Universe, which one would I enjoy more?

Lucent

Bought some platinum and started the cross section hall. Should be up in 12 hrs.

Until we get more space in a day or two, post here if you want to be in the clan to help expand it asap. You'll have to donate materials so we can get the reactor and the barracks.

Those who'd like to be officers, let me know too. I'd like to keep the clan open to non gaffers since that keeps it alive.

My key is made. How can you donate materials? What materials are needed?

EDIT: What do officers get to do? lol

Dr. Kaos

Banned
My impressions after playing two missions and watching a friend playing a 3rd.

Jumping felt bad. The level , item and character design bored me. The enemies were overly repetitive and the sword-fighting was not immediately rewarding. For example, I routinely ended up with the enemy behind me, slicing at thin air in exasperation.

On the plus side, the damage numbers appearing after every successful hit were felt nice and rewarding. The graphics are decent and the framerate is good.

I love the gun/sword premise and MGS Raiden Revengeance has shown it can be great fun.

Maybe with a lot of polish, this game could be good, or even great. In its current state, it's just not very fun.

Valnen

Where are the reviews for this on PS4, and Blacklight? I haven't seen any?

Almost nobody is playing Blacklight sadly. And it seems to crash often when transitioning to a new match. A shame, because in the few matches I did get in, it's a lot of fun, a better game than on PC even IMO.

Jumping felt bad. The level , item and character design bored me. The enemies were overly repetitive and the sword-fighting was not immediately rewarding. For example, I routinely ended up with the enemy behind me, slicing at thin air in exasperation.

On the plus side, the damage numbers appearing after every successful hit were felt nice and rewarding. The graphics are decent and the framerate is good.

I love the gun/sword premise and MGS Raiden Revengeance has shown it can be great fun.

Maybe with a lot of polish, this game could be good, or even great. In its current state, it's just not very fun.
This is not a game that will hook you 2-3 levels in. You don't even have any powers that early.

Lucent

Yeah so far I haven't found any great use for the acrobatics besides getting to higher areas. They don't do much for me in a fight besides escaping.

As for sword fighting, I tend to mostly use the charge attack and time it when I'm coming up to an enemy.

Enemy variety is something I'm hoping they can increase sometime. But I love the designs of the Warframes. They look cool. Remind me of this.

guyver2-com.jpg

Top Bottom