• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

redhot_

Hmmm I'm smelling some p2w.... Managed to get to the two branches at the end of earth and hit a massive difficulty spike.

So did it take you guys a long time to get used to the movement system of this game? I feel like I'm leagues better than when I started, but I still am nothing like this guy. I feel like once I get it down, this game will be so much fun, but still feel like I'm stumbling around like a toddler.

Edit: Also concerning that video, are those front flips in the air super jumps, or are his he canceling an air slide?

BPoole

Hmmm I'm smelling some p2w.... Managed to get to the two branches at the end of earth and hit a massive difficulty spike.

How is it pay2win for a co op game? I played this game on PC for 2 months before I even spent a dime. Some of the planets you have access to early on are really high level and aren't meant for you to do atm. Level up your frames/weapons/mods doing defense and survival missions on levels where you can manage (I did Kilikin on Venus a lot when I first started), and accumulate more resources so that you can craft better weapons.

BPoole

So did it take you guys a long time to get used to the movement system of this game? I feel like I'm leagues better than when I started, but I still am nothing like this guy. I feel like once I get it down, this game will be so much fun, but still feel like I'm stumbling around like a toddler.

Edit: Also concerning that video, are those front flips in the air super jumps, or are his he canceling an air slide?
Press Jump+Sprint quickly and you'll do an acrobatic front flip. While you're aiming, if you press back+jump+sprint, you'll do a back flip. If you do left or right while aiming and press jump+sprint and will do a side roll

molnizzle

Is there a FAQ or something that explains what the hell is going on? Like, why green doors sometimes open for my teammates but not me, and pressing circle to hack or revive does nothing?

This game does a really shitty job of explaining itself.

How viable is blocking? Seems like you would be better served running for cover or meleeing if they're close. I didn't even know you could do it until I got a mod that referenced it. This game could really use a training/tutorial room.

BPoole

How viable is blocking? Seems like you would be better served running for cover or meleeing if they're close. I didn't even know you could do it until I got a mod that referenced it. This game could really use a training/tutorial room.

Not viable at all. You're better off doing a sprint+slide+jump to evade enemy fire than to sit there and block.

The only scenario it is viable is when Ancient Disruptors try to disrupt you. If you're blocking, it won't drain all your energy

this game is fucking fun. i'm having a good time so far. just need to learn a few more things, start applying mods, etc.

but man, how come weapon upgrades don't show the stats for each weapon before you can purchase them?

Pop

I love this game. Such a great game for co-op, my brother and I are having loads of fun.

Really enjoyed this environment:

NsUjJgY.jpg

Seventy5

I'm shocked how good this game is, its like Dark Sector and PSO had a baby. They really need to upload a manual to the games "Live Area" thing like retail games have. But I'm still having a blast.

One question though, how the hell do I level up? My weapons and frame are all about level 7, but I'm still rank 1 Initiate and my bar is only like 1/5th of the way filled.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I can't wait to give this a try. Particularly since it seems you can do quite a bit alone if needed, like DC Universe. Maybe tonight I'll have a few hours to check it out.

pooch

Neo Member
So can someone confirm whether or not this has local co-op? Because somebody suggested it does on the first page and got me way too excited :(

Respect

Great game on many levels...really satisfies that RPG itch too in addition to the addictive action (never played on PC).

The poor tutorial is my only real complaint, having a blast though, bought some platinum just to contribute, a game this good, it almost feels wrong its free to play!

Lucent

So can someone confirm whether or not this has local co-op? Because somebody suggested it does on the first page and got me way too excited :(

No it doesn't have splitscreen or anything. I don't think there's any way to do local co-op even with a vita as a second screen.

I can't wait to give this a try. Particularly since it seems you can do quite a bit alone if needed, like DC Universe. Maybe tonight I'll have a few hours to check it out.

Yeah you can play completely solo BUT it can take a lot longer to do stuff. I went through the 4th level on Mercury on my own and wow that took awhile. I had to manage my shield since finding health can be hard sometimes. You pretty much gotta make sure those rooms are cleared before you hack things. I wish the captives you saved could help you fight. lol.

And man I'm glad they give you an alternative to using real money by buying blueprints so you can make the things that cost real money. Though I'm sure the parts are hard to get in order to make people with no time/patience wanna throw in money if they're really that into the game. I will not spend anything on this lol. It's funny they use real-time hours when creating things, too. I am crafting a sword and it had a crafting time of 12 hours. I started that at 7am so it won't be ready til 7pm. Frames take like 3 days to craft and it seems you have to get the parts off of certain bosses.

Game is def a grind but pretty fun with other people sometimes.

MDSLKTR

this game is fucking fun. i'm having a good time so far. just need to learn a few more things, start applying mods, etc.

but man, how come weapon upgrades don't show the stats for each weapon before you can purchase them?

They really need to show ingame how upgrades, stats and blueprints work.
If f2p games want to really take off devs need to stop assuming that players will want to check forums and faqs when they're not playing.
Right now I'm clueless but I really enjoyed what I played of it.

ObiDin

I've been having a blast just playing with randoms online. I spent my pre-order platinum on Volt and Dethcube and bought a shotgun with my in-game currency and started crafting a sword(can't remember what it's called) that I found the blueprints and parts for. No idea what I'm doing but it's a blast anyways.

Lucent

They really need to show ingame how upgrades, stats and blueprints work.
If f2p games want to really take off devs need to stop assuming that players will want to check forums and faqs when they're not playing.
Right now I'm clueless but I really enjoyed what I played of it.

Yeah it's pretty bad with doing that. I had to figure out what to do with mods the hard way. I discovered on my own that matching mods with the same symbols on the grid halved the cost. Like if you can only have 7 points to distribute for mods, placing a mod with a value of 6 on a slot with the same symbol will cut it down to a 3, so you'll have 4 points left for mods.

Narroo

The control scheme in the PS4 version is wonky; that's why its so hard to move. If you could remap the controls or use a mouse and keyboard you'd have a better time.

Also, the game is meant to be played in 4 man teams. One of the greatest problems in this game is that with so many redundant, pointless, and filler missions, if you want to complete a star map, it can take forever to find a full team to play a level.

Nakazato

So having a hard time one the survival mission when you have to pick up oxygen packs. Are you just supposed to run through the lvl ? Or fight off the hordes. Also anyone just have there mission kinda lag in the middle ppl just running in place while getting hit but not dying ?

KarmaCow

So having a hard time one the survival mission when you have to pick up oxygen packs. Are you just supposed to run through the lvl ? Or fight off the hordes. Also anyone just have there mission kinda lag in the middle ppl just running in place while getting hit but not dying ?

I find that in Survival missions you mostly stick the same general area, activating life support systems whenever it gets low. It's basically like horde mode or defense missions without predefined waves. I think you can leave after the first 5 minutes but every additional 5 minutes you last gets you another reward.

And yea I've run into a lot of games where the lag makes it impossible to really do anything. At that point I just hope the other people playing are killing the stuff some how.

Pop

What's up with the FOV? I mean what's the value of each notch of increase on the slider?

Just seems way too close.

There was a patch saturday? Ok I will give it a try now and will tell my friend to download it so we have something other then resogun to play.

Grimsen

Played until the first boss, not bad. The game is shit at explaining anything, though, but I still managed to add mods and forge a sword.

Do you get the space bux in-game by playing, or just through the PSN store?

Played until the first boss, not bad. The game is shit at explaining anything, though, but I still managed to add mods and forge a sword.

Do you get the space bux in-game by playing, or just through the PSN store?

Plats are only through real money.
Credits is in game currency.

BPoole

I'm shocked how good this game is, its like Dark Sector and PSO had a baby. They really need to upload a manual to the games "Live Area" thing like retail games have. But I'm still having a blast.

One question though, how the hell do I level up? My weapons and frame are all about level 7, but I'm still rank 1 Initiate and my bar is only like 1/5th of the way filled.
Each level you gain for weapons or warframes nets you 100 mastery points. If you click on that progress bar it should tell you how much mastery rank (MR) you need before you level up again. Once you hit the next level, you'll be greeted with a challenge that you must pass in order to reach the next rank. The challeneges are pretty easy but if you fail you have to wait another 24 hours before oyu can try again. Any MR you gain during that 24 hour period will be carried over to your next level when you eventually do level up.

In Update 11 (coming in the next few weeks), the devs are making it so that as you clear through the solar system and finish all the missions on each planet, that will net you MR as well.

Note: Each warframe and weapon has a max rank of 30. There is an item in the game called forma, which you can use on a weapon once it hits level 30. It resets your weapons rank to 0, but you can add a polarity to one of the weapons slots (polarity are the V/s, D's, or -'s that you'll see in the top right of a mod. Putting a mod in a matching polarity slot halves the amount of mod slots it takes eg a 8 point mod will only take 4 slots). While you level the weapon up the second time, you will not gain MR, as Forma is mainly for maximizing weapon effectiveness

Top Bottom