• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Sykotik

Does no one from the GAF clan read this thread anymore? ~_~

invite molnizzle plz thx

I just invited you, along with quite a few other people.

Currently Pending are ArisenDragon, Briarios, crashnburn85, FinalOption3, Heaven-Assassin1, Imperium, LkPr, molnizzle, nondual, solbad, TheJerit, udontneed2know26.

If you posted in the previous page and still don't have an invite, it says you're already in a clan, or your name doesn't exist. Keep in mind these invites are separate from the PSN system.

To access the invitation, you need to get to the main menu of Warframe, hit the Options button on the DS4 and then scroll down to the icon that looks like a shield or badge.

Helscream

Banned

Currently Pending are ArisenDragon, Briarios, crashnburn85, FinalOption3, Heaven-Assassin1, Imperium, LkPr, molnizzle, nondual, solbad, TheJerit, udontneed2know26.

If you posted in the previous page and still don't have an invite, it says you're already in a clan, or your name doesn't exist. Keep in mind these invites are separate from the PSN system.

To access the invitation, you need to get to the main menu of Warframe, hit the Options button on the DS4 and then scroll down to the icon that looks like a shield or badge.

Could you send me a invite as well? My username is "Helscream".

Edgeward

So, with this log-in reward thing. Are you able to receive stuff you already had unlocked? First login reward I got was a hand-gun of some kind, but I couldn't find it in my arsenal, so I assume it was the gun I already had. The reward picture had a 600 under it. Second reward I got appears to have been Excalibur, which I already use, with a 2100 under it. Is it just Affintiy? I don't know. Everything cray up in here.

NeoGAF clan message says to only spend platinum on Forma, but I don't know what it does.

The handgun thing should just be for affinity if it has a number under it.

The excalibur one, no clue. I got something like that today and am puzzled as well
Edit: got it. It's an affinity boost to your warframe. The number is how much is given

Sykotik

The handgun thing should just be for affinity if it has a number under it.

The excalibur one, no clue. I got something like that today and am puzzled as well
Edit: got it. It's an affinity boost to your warframe. The number is how much is given

Thanks for the confirmation. Excalibur also had a 2100 under it, so it was most definitely a Affinity boost, as well.

I somehow ended up with 150 Plat. Do they start you out with 50? I know you get 100 for downloading the PS+ add-on.

I haven't really been following the cross-platform play between PC/PS4, but can players from both platforms be in the same clan? Or is that not possible?

Sykotik

I haven't really been following the cross-platform play between PC/PS4, but can players from both platforms be in the same clan? Or is that not possible?

PS4 isn't on the same content patch as PC, so, as far as I know, there is no cross-play of any kind, yet. They did say that's the goal, though.

Mirimar

Really, REALLY loving the alert system in this game. Been having a blast with Rhino and the most recent alert that pops up is for the Vanguard Rhino Helmet. Survival at lvl 45-50 is no joke either. The best thing is that it actually does something awesome instead of just being cosmetic. +25% speed boost is amazing for only a -5% power debuff. Now I won't have people running off on me all the time. Saved me 75 platinum, hah! Screw the pay to win. Always keep an eye out for those Alerts. Next one I need is for Forma.

I just started playing this and was planning to play as Rhino but they only gave me a choice between 3 and he wasn't there. Do I have to unlock Rhino as I play?

Mirimar

I just started playing this and was planning to play as Rhino but they only gave me a choice between 3 and he wasn't there. Do I have to unlock Rhino as I play?

You need to be a specific rank to unlock the Rhino blueprint. In order to build Rhino, you have to farm 3 parts from the boss in the 2nd planet you encounter. It's called Jackal. After that, each part has building materials, credit costs, and time to build. So, 12 hours for each part, After you do that, the Warframe itself takes 3 days to build.

You also need to make sure you have Warframe inventory slots for it. You start out with 2.
As your starting character, I think you only have the choice of Excalibur, Loki, and Mag. Loki and Mag are your best bets. Mag is stupid OP. I leveled up to 30 in 2 days because of Pull.

Mirimar

Anyone? Sorry for bumping.

If you got starting Platinum, I'd recommend NOT buying any of the cosmetic stuff like Scarves and whatnot. You'll regret it. The best thing you can buy are Weapon inventory slots and Warframe inventory slots. You'll need them as I'm sure you'll want to try many different types of both these things. Don't buy a Sentinel either. You can build them later on. I'd only really use the platinum on a Warframe if you reaaally want to play it immediately. You can build almost anything in the game. It just takes a lot of time and patience.

So, Weapon Slots and Warframe Slots are good options. Forma is also good if you want to upgrade stuff or plan on helping the Clan Dojo.

Just for reference, I've built Rhino and Trinity so far. Also built the Shade sentinel (was broke for awhile after that, lol) . I spent 60 plat on 3 more warframe slots, giving me 5. I have 12 weapon slots at the moment. Probably going to expand that. I think I used 36 plat for that (12 plat for 2 slots)

I've built a ton of the weapons. It's really pretty easy.

Xater

If you got starting Platinum, I'd recommend NOT buying any of the cosmetic stuff like Scarves and whatnot. You'll regret it. The best thing you can buy are Weapon inventory slots and Warframe inventory slots. You'll need them as I'm sure you'll want to try many different types of both these things. Don't buy a Sentinel either. You can build them later on. I'd only really use the platinum on a Warframe if you reaaally want to play it immediately. You can build almost anything in the game. It just takes a lot of time and patience.

So, Weapon Slots and Warframe Slots are good options. Forma is also good if you want to upgrade stuff or plan on helping the Clan Dojo.

Just for reference, I've built Rhino and Trinity so far. Also built the Shade sentinel (was broke for awhile after that, lol) . I spent 60 plat on 3 more warframe slots, giving me 5. I have 12 weapon slots at the moment. Probably going to expand that. I think I used 36 plat for that (12 plat for 2 slots)

I've built a ton of the weapons. It's really pretty easy.

You have only been plying on PS4 and have the stuff already? Then I guess my impression of the F2P model being pretty fair is pretty accurate. I have spent like 6 hours with the PC version but decided to wait for the PS4 one because it didn't run that great on my machine.

You need to be a specific rank to unlock the Rhino blueprint. In order to build Rhino, you have to farm 3 parts from the boss in the 2nd planet you encounter. It's called Jackal. After that, each part has building materials, credit costs, and time to build. So, 12 hours for each part, After you do that, the Warframe itself takes 3 days to build.

You also need to make sure you have Warframe inventory slots for it. You start out with 2.
As your starting character, I think you only have the choice of Excalibur, Loki, and Mag. Loki and Mag are your best bets. Mag is stupid OP. I leveled up to 30 in 2 days because of Pull.

Ok thanks, I also happened to go Mag =]

Mirimar

You have only been plying on PS4 and have the stuff already? Then I guess my impression of the F2P model being pretty fair is pretty accurate. I have spent like 6 hours with the PC version but decided to wait for the PS4 one because it didn't run that great on my machine.

Yea, been playing since day 1. Everyone that did got a 3 day boost for 2x XP and Credits. I think that's the only way I leveled Mag so quickly, but it still would've been done in another 2 days or so. It could be tougher for people just getting in. You also have to play a lot. I mean, I'm already already 4 on the Mastery Rank and most people I see are at max 2. Very few 3. A ton of 0's and 1's.

Granted, there are some glitches that need to be addressed. I'm having trouble with Nightmare missions that don't work properly. Then there's the black screen after completing a mission. I have to hard quit the application, but at least I keep everything I got.

There's also this lag bug where you can see what everyone is doing, but you can't do anything. Everyone else sees you running in place. All you can do is follow the action and hope the rest of your squad finishes the mission.

Mirimar

Also just realized the random friend requests I've been receiving must have been coming from here, lol. Sorry, I've been rejecting them =/ May have to send them again.

Xater

Yea, been playing since day 1. Everyone that did got a 3 day boost for 2x XP and Credits. I think that's the only way I leveled Mag so quickly, but it still would've been done in another 2 days or so. It could be tougher for people just getting in. You also have to play a lot. I mean, I'm already already 4 on the Mastery Rank and most people I see are at max 2. Very few 3. A ton of 0's and 1's.

Granted, there are some glitches that need to be addressed. I'm having trouble with Nightmare missions that don't work properly. Then there's the black screen after completing a mission. I have to hard quit the application, but at least I keep everything I got.

There's also this lag bug where you can see what everyone is doing, but you can't do anything. Everyone else sees you running in place. All you can do is follow the action and hope the rest of your squad finishes the mission.

For a F2P game that seems fine. As long as everything seems totally achievable without really going into super grind mode or spending money it's all good. Really looking forward to play this next Friday when the PS4 finally comes out here.

Mirimar

For a F2P game that seems fine. As long as everything seems totally achievable without really going into super grind mode or spending money it's all good. Really looking forward to play this next Friday when the PS4 finally comes out here.

Yea, inventory slots are one of the things that can't be built, which is why Platinum is best used on those. Cosmetic stuff can't really be built either, I believe..I'm not sure. I know you have to pay for the colours. The Alert system balances things. It allows people who don't want to pay to get items that require platinum normally. The catch is you usually have to do a difficult mission. It makes it a lot more fun and you can be notified of Alerts with the mobile app. There's also the login bonus that has a chance of getting you things as well. All in all, this is the best F2P game I've experienced so far. I'm trying to sell my copy of Killzone because I doubt I'll be playing it, haha.

Xater

Yea, inventory slots are one of the things that can't be built, which is why Platinum is best used on those. Cosmetic stuff can't really be built either, I believe..I'm not sure. I know you have to pay for the colours. The Alert system balances things. It allows people who don't want to pay to get items that require platinum normally. The catch is you usually have to do a difficult mission. It makes it a lot more fun and you can be notified of Alerts with the mobile app. There's also the login bonus that has a chance of getting you things as well. All in all, this is the best F2P game I've experienced so far. I'm trying to sell my copy of Killzone because I doubt I'll be playing it, haha.

Having to pay real money for cosmetic stuff is basically a standard int he F2P world and I am fine with that. That doesn't really hinder the gameplay experience and as long as that is not too compromised I am ok with it. DOTA2 still has the best model though because it's cosmetics only and everything else is there from the get go, but not everyone can be as generous as Valve. ;)

kaioshade

Two things:

One: Drops for this game seem horribly uneven. I have been farming for a mod for quite some time which is only an uncommon. Havent gotten it in about 40 runs. I have, however gotten plenty of rares in that time period.

Two: How often are clan invites sent out?

Aside from the horrid mod distribution (maybe its bugged? who knows) im enjoying the game immensely.

Finally can post after a week ban :/

Any chance for a clan invite? I've been playing this game to death minus 4 days away because of work. Not liking playing with randoms so far and I want to contribute to the dojo.

Sykotik

Finally can post after a week ban :/

Any chance for a clan invite? I've been playing this game to death minus 4 days away because of work. Not liking playing with randoms so far and I want to contribute to the dojo.

Assuming your name is SirMossy, I just sent you an invite.

You couldn't invite me because I'm already in a clan? I'll remove myself in a bit and can you try again? Name is IHaveCandy.

Sykotik

You couldn't invite me because I'm already in a clan? I'll remove myself in a bit and can you try again? Name is IHaveCandy.

Yeah. I tried again just now and it says you're in a clan.

Can I get an invite? PSN name is El_Beefo

Sent!

I believe the current clan rank only has support for 30 people. We would have to upgrade our Dojo to accommodate more. Pending invites also take spots. We're currently 27/30.

So....can I go ahead and build an Oracle or should that be left up to someone else? I don't mind spending the resources but I don't know if it's up to me.

Lucent

I saw something for the dojo layout that I really liked. I'll make a copy and use google docs for it.

I plan to make a second floor for dueling and a basement for all the reactors and stuff. Problem is, we have to move the ones built already X.X

So the stuff already built has to be destroyed or...?

Sykotik

So....can I go ahead and build an Oracle or should that be left up to someone else? I don't mind spending the resources but I don't know if it's up to me.

I'm in the same boat. I don't want to step on anyone's shoes, here.

But, we also have to take into account structure lay-out. We could build ourselves into a cage and then have to destroy rooms.

Just left. Please add me! Sorry for the mess.

Sent!

Helscream

Banned
I dont understand the point of having a ping threshold when you still get grouped with laggy ass players. I had to abort an Alert mission because of how bad it was. Motion blur was literally blinding me.

Question.

What is the most effective method to leveling up weapons? I am trying to get my Mastery rank to 4 so I can craft me a HEK shotgun. Someone missions seem to net more experience than others. And it seems that I can gather more EXP from lower level enemies than killing higher level enemies.

Sykotik

I dont understand the point of having a ping threshold when you still get grouped with laggy ass players. I had to abort an Alert mission because of how bad it was. Motion blur was literally blinding me.

Setting mine to 100 works out fairly well for me. Typically it will force you to host, which keeps most of the main bugs out of the way, but then it can possibly invoke the bug that drops your FPS to about 5 if you have a full group. Still, hosting seems to have the best luck, for me.

As for weapon leveling. I have ab-so-lutely no idea.

So should I hold off on building the oracle then?

Edit: I have 42 duplicate mods and I know I shouldn't sell them. Should I transmute them?

Sykotik

So should I hold off on building the oracle then?

Edit: I have 42 duplicate mods and I know I shouldn't sell them. Should I transmute them?

Apart from Fusion Cells, fusing 2 of the same Mod has the most value when leveling the mod. If they are good mods, I personally would Fuse them to a higher level.

Transmuting can yield some exclusive mods, but I don't find the value in it.

I'm not a Guru or anything though. I'm still quite new.

Top Bottom