• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Yeah. I tried again just now and it says you're in a clan.

Sent!

I believe the current clan rank only has support for 30 people. We would have to upgrade our Dojo to accommodate more. Pending invites also take spots. We're currently 27/30.

Feel free to remove me then, as I'm sure there are people here that will play more than me.

NeOak

So should I hold off on building the oracle then?

Edit: I have 42 duplicate mods and I know I shouldn't sell them. Should I transmute them?

You don't have the rank yet.

But hit me up when i'm online so we can discuss the layout. That oracle is next.

If you want to be an architect, let me know. I don't mind delegating functions since i can't be on everyday.

Edit: Whoever wants to be an officer let me know too. You can kick people with that rank.

But hit me up when i'm online so we can discuss the layout. That oracle is next.

If you want to be an architect, let me know. I don't mind delegating functions since i can't be on everyday.

Edit: Whoever wants to be an officer let me know too. You can kick people with that rank.

What rank do I need? I didn't get any red text when I looked at the plans. I wouldn't mind being an architect though as long as I can.

Sykotik

I wouldn't mind being an Officer just so I can get people in, if need be.

Jarate

Banned
is there a starter guide to this game, ive just been kind of playing the first part, but i don't really know anything about all the items i get and shit.

NeOak

I wouldn't mind being an Officer just so I can get people in, if need be.

Alright, let me promote you. It's more so you can kick people.

That document really puts into perspective how long it's going to take to build it up. Looks good though.

Yeah, i just found out i can change the spawn room, so i added a cross connector and will make the elevators there lol. I'll add another connector to it and then build the research stuff while making the barracks on the back.

And we need another set of barracks to expand to 100. Sigh, lets see.

Edit: Promoted you to Sage, just don't build anything. *yet*.

Alright, let me promote you. It's more so you can kick people.

Yeah, i just found out i can change the spawn room, so i added a cross connector and will make the elevators there lol. I'll add another connector to it and then build the research stuff while making the barracks on the back.

And we need another set of barracks to expand to 100. Sigh, lets see.

Edit: Promoted you to Sage, just don't build anything. *yet*.

Yeah I won't. Just used some plats to buy forma. I've put it in the cross connector. I don't have the rest of what we need though yet.

Helscream

Banned
So can someone explain to me how the clan Dojo works? I have constructed a key, but have yet to make a visit. If they is a video depicting the details of the dojo that would be fine as well.

EL Beefo

So can someone explain to me how the clan Dojo works? I have constructed a key, but have yet to make a visit. If they is a video depicting the details of the dojo that would be fine as well.

Not much is built yet in the gaf dojo, but it seems one the main purposes of clans are the research labs. Using these you can build equipment that you can't get anywhere else. Right now you can choose your clan key from your keys menu and run around inside for a bit, but until we build more there isn't much to do.

Jarate

Banned
hey guys, i haven't put too much time into this game, and I'm taking it slow

can someone send me a clan invite psn is

psn is MC_Giygas

also, what's the best melee build in the game to level up?

Lucent

No, I was wrong. Materials get refunded to the clan vault, including platinum.

Seriously? That's awesome if that's the way it works. Would be so bad to lose stuff like the Forma that took precious platinum to obtain. At least this way things can be altered if needed. But I will just contribute to whatever rooms are currently set up for contributing.

molnizzle

I honestly don't understand how any of you have progressed past Earth. The multiplayer in this game is so fucking broken it's not even funny, and I just don't see how it's possible to solo this stuff. All of my gear is between levels 17-22 and I've spent a ton of time farming mods and upgrading them... and I can't solo the level 8-10 missions.

Am I missing something here? This shit just doesn't work, 75% of the time I'm fighting with bugs or glitches rather than the game itself. How the fuck are you guys making it further into the game?

NewGame

Banned
I think I hit a wall of grind. I've been playing for almost 10 hours and I can't even make a weapon without several items that appear to be platinum purchased only.

Might come back to this later when they scale the progress a bit better.

Been playing for 9hrs straight on my day off with friends and family. Game is fun as hell. The Mag WF is sooooo good for intense battles. All that magnus good stuff...

wsippel

Banned
I think I hit a wall of grind. I've been playing for almost 10 hours and I can't even make a weapon without several items that appear to be platinum purchased only.

Might come back to this later when they scale the progress a bit better.
There are no crafting materials that need to be purchased. Some are rare, like Orokin Cells and Neurodes and such, and more high end weapons obviously require more high end materials. You're only ten hours in, so you shouldn't be able to build certain stuff yet.

I honestly don't understand how any of you have progressed past Earth. The multiplayer in this game is so fucking broken it's not even funny, and I just don't see how it's possible to solo this stuff. All of my gear is between levels 17-22 and I've spent a ton of time farming mods and upgrading them... and I can't solo the level 8-10 missions.

Am I missing something here? This shit just doesn't work, 75% of the time I'm fighting with bugs or glitches rather than the game itself. How the fuck are you guys making it further into the game?
Yes, I think you are missing something. Maybe your builds are weird. Also, if you're still using the starting equipment, replace it ASAP. It's completely useless. Buy a regular Braton or Strun and a Lex. Those can be bought with in-game currency, no need to craft or spend platinum. And if you're using a gamepad, turn off auto aim. It's broken and a source of endless frustration.

Mirimar

Trying to farm that Mercury survival mission is beyond frustrating. Was with a group of high level Rank 3's and we had survived for 25 minutes only to fail the mission because half of them didn't want to go to extraction until it was too late -_- Auuuuugh..and I had gotten the mod I wanted too.

Yoday

Can I get a clan invite, my PSN is YodaySunrider. I have put a bit of time into the game, and enjoy it, but there is a lot to this game that they just never even begin to explain. I think I am slowly getting the hang of the basics though.

So I'm still using the starting weapons, even though they're upgraded with tons of mods. If I buy different weapons can I just place my existing mods on them once I level it up?

What's a good handgun to get too? I have the seer blueprint but I've heard reports of having to farm the same level 40 or 50 times to get the parts needed.

I'm going to buy the non mk1 version of my assault rifle too. I'm assuming that's a good one.

Apologies if this has been asked but on Ps4 is there any way to turn off the horrible Aim Assist/Auto Aim? I am constantly fighting against the game when trying to aim and it is seriously affecting my enjoyment.

Also, is there any way to set a waypoint on Ps4? Saw a nice tip to use the way points to mark dropped mods for teammates but it appears to be Pc only?

I just invited you, along with quite a few other people.

Currently Pending are ArisenDragon, Briarios, crashnburn85, FinalOption3, Heaven-Assassin1, Imperium, LkPr, molnizzle, nondual, solbad, TheJerit, udontneed2know26.

If you posted in the previous page and still don't have an invite, it says you're already in a clan, or your name doesn't exist. Keep in mind these invites are separate from the PSN system.

To access the invitation, you need to get to the main menu of Warframe, hit the Options button on the DS4 and then scroll down to the icon that looks like a shield or badge.

Yup just jumped into the clan yesterday. I am brand spanking new though, just got into mission 1-3 so if others are just starting out, would love to run missions with ya'll.

Still figuring everything out but getting better. Getting more comfortable with the way using the sword works. Love slicing dudes in half.

Can I say that they did a fine job with the AI in this one? They seem to work together to bring you down, or hide behind things waiting for you to run past, or use cover well. Pretty impressed by the AI.

Sykotik

Apologies if this has been asked but on Ps4 is there any way to turn off the horrible Aim Assist/Auto Aim? I am constantly fighting against the game when trying to aim and it is seriously affecting my enjoyment.

Also, is there any way to set a waypoint on Ps4? Saw a nice tip to use the way points to mark dropped mods for teammates but it appears to be Pc only?

Yes, you can turn off auto-aim in the main menu options. Also, turn off alignment of melee attacks.

I don't know of any waypoint system on the PS4, but there is a Warframe mod that pings that map with a yellow dot if there is treasure. I don't know how useful it is, though.

Trying to farm that Mercury survival mission is beyond frustrating. Was with a group of high level Rank 3's and we had survived for 25 minutes only to fail the mission because half of them didn't want to go to extraction until it was too late -_- Auuuuugh..and I had gotten the mod I wanted too.

I always book it to the extraction even if the others aren't following. You still complete the mission if they die.

So I'm still using the starting weapons, even though they're upgraded with tons of mods. If I buy different weapons can I just place my existing mods on them once I level it up?

What's a good handgun to get too? I have the seer blueprint but I've heard reports of having to farm the same level 40 or 50 times to get the parts needed.

I'm going to buy the non mk1 version of my assault rifle too. I'm assuming that's a good one.

Yeah, as long as you remove them from the previous weapon you can equip them on the new weapon when they're ready.

The Lex is a good hand-gun. It's very powerful. It doesn't lose damage based on distance, so it's almost like a sniper.

As for a primary, I grabbed the Strun. It seems like a decent shotgun. I don't like the basic rifles very much.

Yeah, as long as you remove them from the previous weapon you can equip them on the new weapon when they're ready.

The Lex is a good hand-gun. It's very powerful. It doesn't lose damage based on distance, so it's almost like a sniper.

As for a primary, I grabbed the Strun. It seems like a decent shotgun. I don't like the basic rifles very much.

I have the strun too. Works great with all the mods, however the lack of ammo and slow reload doesn't help in survival missions, so I'm looking for a backup.

Sykotik

Just as a heads-up. If you're looking for the Rare materials, such as Orokin Cells, they drop much more from containers.

Open Containers! Open Lockers! Open the brownish-grey dead bodies!

This Thief's Wit mod is actually useful, I guess.

Sykotik

Dead bodies? What planet are those on?

They're the... Grimeer? The robot guys. Though, I would imagine that they are on all planets. They're very hard to see, which is why this Thief's Wit mod is kind of blowing my mind right now.

Edit: With this mod I can see just how much stuff people are missing. I ain't care if they get mad now, I've got like 6 Orokin Cells in 3 runs just from opening containers.

People are just running by so much stuff, it's insane.

They're the... Grimeer? The robot guys. Though, I would imagine that they are on all planets. They're very hard to see, which is why this Thief's Wit mod is kind of blowing my mind right now.

Well now you gotta share where that dropped lol

Also, could you take a screenshot of what the dead bodies look like? For science.

Sykotik

Well now you gotta share where that dropped lol

Also, could you take a screenshot of what the dead bodies look like? For science.

Currently on Saturn, but I know I've seen them elsewhere.

If I find another one, I'll screen-cap it.

Edit: I got a screen, but I'm grinding with a dude right now, don't want to stop.

Getting about 2 cells per map, now. Some guys says it takes them 10 runs to get 1, so obviously the containers are the way to go.

molnizzle

Yes, I think you are missing something. Maybe your builds are weird. Also, if you're still using the starting equipment, replace it ASAP. It's completely useless. Buy a regular Braton or Strun and a Lex. Those can be bought with in-game currency, no need to craft or spend platinum. And if you're using a gamepad, turn off auto aim. It's broken and a source of endless frustration.

I'm using Excalibur, Grakata, Twin Vipers and Dual Ether. I can't shoot everything because ammo burns through to quickly so I'm forced to melee. Without other players I get burned down by the robots way too fast, it feels like there's nothing I can do.

So goddamn frustrating. I can't believe they shipped a game this buggy.

I'm using Excalibur, Grakata, Twin Vipers and Dual Ether. I can't shoot everything because ammo burns through to quickly so I'm forced to melee. Without other players I get burned down by the robots way too fast, it feels like there's nothing I can do.

Running out of ammo is a bug?

Craft the team ammo supply.

I started playing this recently; been neglecting it in favor of other games but wow this game is addicting.

PSN ID: Dredguno
Time Zone: Central (GMT -6)

Can I get an invite to the GAF clan?

Sykotik

Have you modded your weapons, and leveled the mods? I'm using the basic equipment and I don't have much trouble.

molnizzle

Running out of ammo is a bug?

No, but the completely broken multiplayer/netcode that forces me to play solo is a bug.

Have you modded your weapons, and leveled the mods? I'm using the basic equipment and I don't have much trouble.

Yeah, my stuff is heavily modded and my mods are well leveled through Fusion. Nothing I have helps me take less damage from the robots though. A pack of those things will burn through my shields FAST, and even with +120% melee damage they don't go down quickly enough.

Yeah, my stuff is heavily modded and my mods are well leveled through Fusion. Nothing I have helps me take less damage from the robots though. A pack of those things will burn through my shields FAST, and even with +120% melee damage they don't go down quickly enough.
Against the corpus I use fire and melee on the fleshier humanoids but the walkers take some doing. I usually stick to the Braton rifle and just wear them down, but just got some electrical damage on my pistol too so I expect that to help.

Does fire damage + electricity play well together? Anything I should consider when doubling up on damage types in the same weapon?

Also, are you sure you're not tackling shielded enemies without first taking down their drone? That'd eat up your ammo unnecessarily. Otherwise, scavenge! Check those lockers and stray from the objective path if you need more resupply.

That or yeah, you can craft some items to replenish health, ammo and energy, but they aren't all that powerful when used.

molnizzle

Yeah, this game is a scam. Impossibly difficult solo and completely broken in multiplayer. Some of the most horrendous drop rates I've ever experienced in a video game, with a pay store just begging for you to spend more money so you can at least feel like you are progressing. Ugh.

wsippel

Banned

You use two of the most ammo inefficient weapons in the game, no wonder you constantly run out of ammo. ;) Switch one of them out for a low firing rate, high damage weapon like the Lex (doubles as a pocket sniper), Latron or a shotgun.

Anyway, with Excalibur, spam Slash Dash. The Moas don't run around once they start firing, so they are easy targets. Line them up and get close to hit as many at once as possible. If you're shooting them, aim between the legs. That's where their head is. And you might want to switch to a heavy melee weapon. The jump attacks for heavy weapons cause knockdown, often leaving you enough time to get a charge attack in.

And a sentinel really helps, especially when playing solo. Dethcube deals good damage, Shade cloaks you, giving you time to recharge your shields and reload. Use the one that fits your play style. Carrier is awesome as well, but the least useful in combat.

Sykotik

At first I disliked Slash Dash, until I actually used it and realized it kills damn near everything it touches. Most randoms I played with don't use powers, which is a shame, because they are ridiculously powerful.

molnizzle

You use two of the most ammo inefficient weapons in the game, no wonder you constantly run out of ammo. ;) Switch one of them out for a low firing rate, high damage weapon like the Lex (doubles as a pocket sniper), Latron or a shotgun.

Right, but there's no easy way to do that without spending more money on platinum. I haven't unlocked all the planets where I can get the required materials for new gear. I already spent $25 (plus the free PS+ plat) to get all the shit I currently have. Now I come to find that I can't progress solo with what I've got and 4/5 multiplayer games end with some game-breaking bug or getting dropped during host migration. So I'm basically fucked unless I spend more money?

Cool.

Sykotik

Right, but there's no easy way to do that without spending more money on platinum. I haven't unlocked all the planets where I can get the required materials for new gear. I already spent $25 (plus the free PS+ plat) to get all the shit I currently have. Now I come to find that I can't progress solo with what I've got and 4/5 multiplayer games end with some game-breaking bug or getting dropped during host migration. So I'm basically fucked unless I spend more money?

Cool.

The Lex and Strun are both purchased with credits.

Top Bottom