• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Alx

Mostly by leveling up warframes or weapons. Each level gained for a warframe grants you 200 mastery points, and 100 for a weapon level.

Edgeward

So what's the best way to fill up the blue bar to get yours ranks,I feel like it's taking forever

Mostly by leveling up warframes or weapons. Each level gained for a warframe grants you 200 mastery points, and 100 for a weapon level.

Also be aware that things you forma'd don't contribute additional mastery. It must be an entirely different and new weapon or frame.

Other than that, go to a dark sector defense/ODD and prepare to make that your new home.

Ronin Ray

Hey I got a few misses but I did nail a couple. However, this is not appropriate warframe talk. Ahem, this is talk that would be good for a T4 defense

anthemsinger.gif

Too Bad you don't play video games anymore

Load times are better. Hacking has been given a make-over with the Grineer having a whole new method. Endless missions now stack rewards. Syndicates are in. Changes to Warframe powers and mod slots - the works.

Man, people who only played this game at the PS4 launch should jump back in just to see how much a game can change in a year. The DE train does not stop.

VariantX

Thanks to whomever contributed to opticor research btw, I went ahead and provided the remaining stuff needed to finish the cooking process

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I would have done the whole thing but kinda broke after spending all my credits leveling war frame mods before the update only to find out the bade power level on war frame level now. Dumb >.> i mean it makes sense i guess but whatever.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Man getting this last archwing part sucks. I have 6+ wings and systems, no harness. The mission also disappears after I finish it so I have to quit the game and come back.

Alx

I must have been lucky, I got all the parts after my second run of the mission. Do you keep digging even after the extract point is available?

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah i usually did 4-5 extractors. Got Em now. Have like 6 extra wings and 2 systems. Now to wait till Sunday when it finishes building.

frizby

Loading this up now.

The timing is great since I've hit a real point of diminishing returns in Destiny...a game I really warmed up to over time, but still not as good as Warframe IMO.

Have to see what's left of the clan. Last few times I checked in, it was a ghost town. :(

t0rment

is the gaf clan still active? it seems i've reached a barrier in the game, can't even do the first archwing mission solo with a 18 excalibur and i'm dying in some venus missions by lvl6 mobs. any tips?

frizby

is the gaf clan still active? it seems i've reached a barrier in the game, can't even do the first archwing mission solo with a 18 excalibur and i'm dying in some venus missions by lvl6 mobs. any tips?

GAF clan dojo is basically an empty mansion. Research is up to date, and all of the work has been done. We just need some new blood or a few regulars to come back.

I know Destiny hit the game and the clan pretty hard, for myself included, but that was always a short term problem since Destiny has such limited content.

Hopefully we can get things rolling again.

I am ready for more warframe since I hit the wall in Destiny and there is nothing left to do for me in that game still I dont see myself grinding for the new frame but still I need to finish Nynx prime.

Edgeward

Got all the parts for the archwing in a single extraction mission, only took 3 digs. The conversion from warframe abilities to fusion cores left me with enough to finally max out serration but now i need credits. -.-

Don't know when they added the function to customize remote play controls seperate of ps4 controls but now this will make grinding easier while watching TV

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I don't recall off hand. Don't see the BP in the store. Must be drop only. Or research maybe? Ooh Gemini cross finally. Bloodrayne time.

Edit: hi stalker, missed you too buddy. Why you no drop despair?

Been playing Archwing, it's pretty fun, though it's really weird being back in "newbie" territory with barely any mods and only starter weapons.

A word of warning though - Archwing Interception is bugged right now, as there's a decent chance of enemies getting stuck inside asteroids or outside of the playable area, making it impossible to finish the round.

What's the giant sword the nova is holding in the opening loading screen?
It's the Veritux, the default melee weapon in Archwing.

Edgeward

Dang, I would've wanted that to be a normal melee weapon. Maybe some day. Components should be done so I will see later on what this archwing is.

Edgeward

The archwing has the coolest mission. Starts off normal and then shit happens. Even the environment to the tileset changes which is neat as fuck. What a way to introduce a new mechanic. And it controls so naturally to what you expect within the game. This is got my interest all right.

frizby

Holy shit, Archwing! Seriously, f'ing Archwing!

After an initial learning curve, and making the mistake of jumping straight into Limbo missions, which are a bit tough with unranked stuff, I settled into the mechanics. This thing has exceeded my wildest expectations. It controls just like the space anime game I always wanted...and it's in freaking Warframe.

sogood.gif

At this point, I feel sorry for anybody who doesn't come back to this game for a bit.

VariantX

Holy shit, Archwing! Seriously, f'ing Archwing!

After an initial learning curve, and making the mistake of jumping straight into Limbo missions, which are a bit tough with unranked stuff, I settled into the mechanics. This thing has exceeded my wildest expectations. It controls just like the space anime game I always wanted...and it's in freaking Warframe.

sogood.gif

At this point, I feel sorry for anybody who doesn't come back to this game for a bit.

I find it ironic that archwing missions control and feel better than on foot stuff when it's not even the main mode of gameplay. Everything you do happens the way you think it will unlike parkour in the on-foot stuff which may or may not do what you want.

Archwing is fucking bad-ass. I never knew I needed space anime melee and free space boosting through dozens of spiralling rocket trails and explosions while gunning down targets with an oversized rifle until now.

It works, and it works damn well. I was already in love with the open space Grineer extermination, but the Corpus mission with its close quarters mid-ship action just upped the ante that much further. Looks gorgeous, feels smooth and precise, and the action comes at a steady clip.

And man if this game's updates aren't putting my full priced games to shame.

My one bit of criticism is that I think the mode needs a clearer way of showing whats out of bounds. I aborted my first mission by accident because while I thought I was flying towards the objective, I guess I ended up too far away from it and had the mission insta-fail. Ever since I've made sure to stay somewhat near "stuff", whether that be rocks or structures.

Ferr986

Just tried Archwings. It seems kind of buggy but overall I liked it a lot! It plays more arcadey, brings some new fresh air to the game. Fun stuff!

And the space looks gorgeous in this game...

Just tried Archwings. It seems kind of buggy but overall I liked it a lot! It plays more arcadey, brings some new fresh air to the game. Fun stuff!

And the space looks gorgeous in this game...
They do a lot of smart things with it. Space shooters tend to be more about locking on to targets, following some targeting square or arrow as it moves about the edge of your vision, and rotating and matching speed until you get within range to lock on a missile or break out your guns.

With Archwing you're always facing off against the enemies at relatively close ranges, not just aiming at abstract target waypoints or reticles. You can get in the personal space of the enemy and tear them up with chained melee attacks. Your visibility isn't limited by a cockpit, or filled with a ton of HUD clutter either. Its got that Gears of War 1 sense of "intimate violence" where everything is very much up close and personal.

Its just you, out in huge environments, moving at high speeds and being nimble as hell. Playing co-op really doubles down on the sense of scale too, as buddies who boost away from you become pin-point pixels in moments.

Its a lot of what I've always wanted to see in new gaming takes on space combat. Had low expectations going in, but am definitely impressed by what they have here, and jazzed to see how they develop upon it and mix it up with normal on-foot gameplay - something they've already promised is in the works.

frizby

Pro tip for Archwing (and everywhere else really): go into your options and max out your depth of field. At least I think that's the right term. Makes it much easier to see and makes the parkour more interesting.

Uranus Archwing Interception is tough. Need some of you to come back and give a hand.

Nova Prime and Soma Prime? Hold me.

Started playing this today. Put a few hours in this morning and I've been really enjoying it. I actually downloaded this game back when the PS4 first came out and it was kind of hard to get into because they sort threw you into things after the first mission, but I'm guessing that was when the game was still in beta because things are a lot different now. There's a plot thread between the missions, easy menu navigation, and I got a ship! I'm playing Mag this time rather than Loki and she's pretty awesome. Her pull ability has helped me a lot when things got hectic. Tried the mastery test and as soon as I killed the last remaining enemy it said I failed so I'm guessing I missed it by a fraction of a second or something :(

Edgeward

Started playing this today. Put a few hours in this morning and I've been really enjoying it. I actually downloaded this game back when the PS4 first came out and it was kind of hard to get into because they sort threw you into things after the first mission, but I'm guessing that was when the game was still in beta because things are a lot different now. There's a plot thread between the missions, easy menu navigation, and I got a ship! I'm playing Mag this time rather than Loki and she's pretty awesome. Her pull ability has helped me a lot when things got hectic. Tried the mastery test and as soon as I killed the last remaining enemy it said I failed so I'm guessing I missed it by a fraction of a second or something :(

Yes, Mag is a great starter because pull is a good OP move early on and shield polarize is death for Corpus.

Yea, the exterminate ranked test are timed just try again 24 hours.

I think the event is gone but I couldnt enter the event because it says i need 700 points of something
Shifting Sands should still be going for another 23 hours. And it's complaining about your warframe's conclave rating. It's a tactical alert, which means you have to unequip weapons and mods until you bring your conclave rating to 700 or below. It's meant as an extra challenge, forcing you to put together a more efficient loadout rather than throwing all your best stuff at it.

bLaiSe

I might come back to this. They fixed the parkour which they ruined with U14 (I was really angry about that) and Archwing is a ton of fun. Like meleeing enemies with the Archwing just feels soooo good. I still need to get Limbo and I saw the new frame that PC players got which looks like a fun frame. Never thought I'd enjoy WF again after more than 1700 hours of playtime lol

Top Bottom