• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

bLaiSe

Talk about dedication.

That works out to nearly three hours a day, seven days a week, for every day (including holidays) since Warframe launched in March 2013.
I started playing on December 13 (that's when PS4 launched here in Hungary). Yeah, I was addicted quite heavily for some time... Looking back it's incredible how much stuff they added/changed since I started a year ago.

frizby

NeoGAF clan is tragic.

When Destiny dropped, the clan understandably turned into a ghost town for a bit, and a bunch of the old regulars understandably went to another clan. So it was kind of a perfect storm. But I always planned to come back at the next update, and I think patience with Destiny is wearing thin, so I think it was always a short term problem.

I was offered an invite to the clan everybody joined, but their logo is terrible and their dojo is a joke, so I think I'm gonna be the stubborn guy who sticks around and rebuilds. I'm going to boot a ton of inactive people and might just do some recruiting in earnest.

I've been on most every night helping out a guy I met in Destiny. Others are welcome to join in. Would be nice if a few people came back.

Still in the early stages of the game but I'm still enjoying things after almost 2 weeks. It's scratching an itch I didn't know I had and I keep wanting to play despite my friends and I trying to get into Diablo and Plants vs Zombies. Things are starting to get a little tougher but I've already got my game plan. Build Rhino -> use remaining free starter platinum to but a reactor for it -> turn it into kickass tank -> progress through game and get cool loot and stuff on the way. Now all I have to do is wait for that invasion mission to go away so I can get the last material on Jupiter.

I love how you have to set goals for yourself, like my biggest goal right now is to get a glaive because I loved it in Dark Sector and it will be mine!

VariantX

So, I just tried the Toxic Terrors tactical alert and I think its bugged or the mission description is incorrect. The mission description states something along the lines of only scorpions whips having toxic damage. This is totally incorrect. ALL enemies in this alert do toxic damage, even the kubrows. Just a heads up for anyone looking to do this mission while its available. Its actually quite hilarious how broken the grineer would be if they had access to toxic weapons. People in the squad were getting one-shotted by kubrows too.

Edgeward

Leveling up archwings is tedious. Most viable thing is to run interception Earth over and over. And it needs to vacuum up mods too.

frizby

Still in the early stages of the game but I'm still enjoying things after almost 2 weeks. It's scratching an itch I didn't know I had and I keep wanting to play despite my friends and I trying to get into Diablo and Plants vs Zombies. Things are starting to get a little tougher but I've already got my game plan. Build Rhino -> use remaining free starter platinum to but a reactor for it -> turn it into kickass tank -> progress through game and get cool loot and stuff on the way. Now all I have to do is wait for that invasion mission to go away so I can get the last material on Jupiter.

I love how you have to set goals for yourself, like my biggest goal right now is to get a glaive because I loved it in Dark Sector and it will be mine!

Good stuff! Solid plan too.

Hope you got the Glaive alert tonight.

One tip: when the Infested boss Phorid takes over a boss node, he drops the resources native to that planet. He's probably easier to farm for Neural Sensors than Alad V, who can be kind of a pain depending on your setup.

Keep enjoying the game, and we're here for questions.

frizby

Leveling up archwings is tedious. Most viable thing is to run interception Earth over and over. And it needs to vacuum up mods too.

I'm convinced that it's better to solo earth. I'll let the enemy take over control points just so I can neutralize and take them back. 300 + 300 + 500 for domination.

I've gotten and leveled the alrernate Archwing and weapons, and I think I like the originals all better. FWIW.

Good stuff! Solid plan too.

Hope you got the Glaive alert tonight.

One tip: when the Infested boss Phorid takes over a boss node, he drops the resources native to that planet. He's probably easier to farm for Neural Sensors than Alad V, who can be kind of a pain depending on your setup.

Keep enjoying the game, and we're here for questions.
Oh dang that's pretty sweet! Unfortunately, the invasion on Jupiter happened as soon as I unlocked the planet so I can't access any of the missions besides the first one which is an infected node. I'm just doing other stuff on other planets waiting for the invasion to be over :(

Edgeward

I'm convinced that it's better to solo earth. I'll let the enemy take over control points just so I can neutralize and take them back. 300 + 300 + 500 for domination.

I've gotten and leveled the alrernate Archwing and weapons, and I think I like the originals all better. FWIW.

hmmm, I will give that a try. At least that way, mods drops won't be scattered around where I can't see them. Hate when some people don't waypoint mod drops in archwing missions.

I was all in on this a year ago, spent a decent bit of coin in the game too due to how much I enjoyed it. Then I stopped playing just after damage 2.0 as I just couldn't be bothered with it all, I just want to shoot shit.

Back then we were revamping the Dojo and I sunk a whole load of materials into it too just before I stopped playing as I didn't see me returning.

However, after the shit show that is Destiny it made me appreciate just how good this game is minus the choppy framerates back then due to all the consumables lying around everywhere :p

Should I come back and join the Darkside GAF? Do we still have our Dojo/clan going?

Anything changed that's pretty significant that I should know about before starting to play again? Is Nova still the go to DPS glass cannon which I loved? I miss my ember prime too :I

If the GAF clan is still up send me an invite please!

PSN-Souldestroyer199

frizby

Oh dang that's pretty sweet! Unfortunately, the invasion on Jupiter happened as soon as I unlocked the planet so I can't access any of the missions besides the first one which is an infected node. I'm just doing other stuff on other planets waiting for the invasion to be over :(

Friend me in game: frizby

If I'm on, will unlock any planet or node you need.

Can also invite you to NeoGAF clan, which I'm revitalizing to whatever degree I can. I booted about 30 people yesterday to make space. We're still up to date on all research, so you'll have access to that.

frizby

Wait all the gaf regulars bailed for another clan? Shit I thought they just burnt out. How long is this terror mission on for?

The last few who didn't get into destiny went to one of the clans in V for Vendetta. But that clan has a shit logo and an embarrassing dojo, so I've been holding down the fort. Even recruited a few destiny players.

Anything changed that's pretty significant that I should know about before starting to play again? Is Nova still the go to DPS glass cannon which I loved? I miss my ember prime too :I

If the GAF clan is still up send me an invite please!

PSN-Souldestroyer199

Nova has changed SIGNIFICANTLY in terms of how to mod her and how XP is distributed from her prime, but she's still my favorite frame.

Will invite you tonight. Ironically, I think I kicked you just a few days ago.

Well shit, I didnt know some gaffers went to another guild. that explain the ghost town when I log for some random grinding for Nyx Prime. Pretty happy about Valkyr getting more melee moves but kinda losing her air AOE

VariantX

Hey, frizby, do you want to take the Warlord title from me right now? As it stands, I only play maybe once or twice a week as of late and even then, its only pretty late at night around 12-1 am EST.

Also, there's a post on r/Warframe that has all of the stuff in today's stream if anyones interested in reading up on what DE is probably going to be working on next.

DevStream #43 recap

squadr0n

Sorry pretty new to this game. How do I unlock the Mesa Warframe? Is it available in the free version or do I need to pay for something? Ive looked everywhere and nothing says where this class is available.

Friend me in game: frizby

If I'm on, will unlock any planet or node you need.

Can also invite you to NeoGAF clan, which I'm revitalizing to whatever degree I can. I booted about 30 people yesterday to make space. We're still up to date on all research, so you'll have access to that.
Awesome thanks! I'd love to join the clan! :D
My PSN is El_Canadiano
Sorry pretty new to this game. How do I unlock the Mesa Warframe? Is it available in the free version or do I need to pay for something? Ive looked everywhere and nothing says where this class is available.
I looked at the Warframe wiki and it says you get the blueprints from the Patient Zero quest

frizby

Hey, frizby, do you want to take the Warlord title from me right now? As it stands, I only play maybe once or twice a week as of late and even then, its only pretty late at night around 12-1 am EST.

Also, there's a post on r/Warframe that has all of the stuff in today's stream if anyones interested in reading up on what DE is probably going to be working on next.

DevStream #43 recap

I'm fine with that, but I can also do everything I need to do as a General. Your call. Sounds like it was just dumped on you.

Destiny keeps pulling me away, but I'll always come back to Warframe, and I'd like to rebuild.

frizby

Ok thanks. I found out how to buy it separately also if you want to spend real money. I assume finding blueprints would be pretty hard.

Don't assume that. Warfames are generally pretty easy to get with Vauban and a few Primes being the only exceptions. I don't expect Mesa to be any different.

Hey, so I decided to boot this up after some months (two or three? a while...) away from it and it's changed quit a bit. There's space stuff now? Cool, I think.

Anyway, I'm interested in fiddling around with it some more. I play off and on but never got super heavy deep into it since my attention gets split among of a lot of games. If any of you guys are still on at least regularlyish, wouldn't mind some friends to play with or someone to help get deeper into the game/figure out some of the systems. I've put maybe 20ish hours in and have crafted a few weapons, but not another warframe yet.

Also wouldn't mind joining the Gaf clan (I don't know what clans do, but hey >_>) if I can. I think I'm in some clan one of my friends who doesn't really play randomly invited me to, but don't have any attachment to it so it's whatever.

So yeah, PSN name is SirRugdumph, if anyone wants to add me.

frizby

Hey, so I decided to boot this up after some months (two or three? a while...) away from it and it's changed quit a bit. There's space stuff now? Cool, I think.

Anyway, I'm interested in fiddling around with it some more. I play off and on but never got super heavy deep into it since my attention gets split among of a lot of games. If any of you guys are still on at least regularlyish, wouldn't mind some friends to play with or someone to help get deeper into the game/figure out some of the systems. I've put maybe 20ish hours in and have crafted a few weapons, but not another warframe yet.

Also wouldn't mind joining the Gaf clan (I don't know what clans do, but hey >_>) if I can. I think I'm in some clan one of my friends who doesn't really play randomly invited me to, but don't have any attachment to it so it's whatever.

So yeah, PSN name is SirRugdumph, if anyone wants to add me.

Would love to have you. You'll need to clear out your current clan before the game will let me send you an invite.

Clan activity is pretty quiet at the moment, but we're up to date on everything, and I'm rebuilding. As an admin note for everyone, I've cleared about 40 people out over the past few days, so if you have friends you'd like to invite, or if anybody has left or got kicked and wants to come back, please let me know. I may do some active recruiting this weekend as well.

Taz

Just started playing did about 6 missions then I've got a weird bug it's telling me I need to craft something but I don't have the mats for it and it won't let me do any missions till I craft it so I'm stuck and there doesn't seem to be a way to reset your account

Edit@Fixed it but it cost me 30 plat to buy the mats to craft it.

Would love to have you. You'll need to clear out your current clan before the game will let me send you an invite.

Clan activity is pretty quiet at the moment, but we're up to date on everything, and I'm rebuilding. As an admin note for everyone, I've cleared about 40 people out over the past few days, so if you have friends you'd like to invite, or if anybody has left or got kicked and wants to come back, please let me know. I may do some active recruiting this weekend as well.

Yea, for sure. I'll see if I can figure out how to leave the one I'm in after work and I'd be glad to join up

Edit: Oh, that was easy. So yea I'm open

Leunam

Played two archwing missions yesterday. The environments are really nice and it's a great change of pace. Using that big sword mid-flight is awesome.

Taz

On the navigation screen where it says level is that your Warframe level or the level after you do those missions that you can only try once at day

bLaiSe

On the navigation screen where it says level is that your Warframe level or the level after you do those missions that you can only try once at day

That is the enemy's level. There are no missions that you can only try once a day.

Leunam

Holy hell Mesa looks cool. Might miss having a melee weapon since the health bonus seems nice, but this is a frame I'm really interested in.

Leunam

Dang, Mesa might take me a while to get. I don't even have that planet unlocked. Guess I should just focus on getting a frame to 30. I've got three at 24 right now.

Top Bottom