• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Cracklox

Have the rules around taxi'ing changed?

I was just helping out a new guildie, and while I could taxi them to nodes, it didn't stay open for them to go back to by themselves. When I started, before they re-worked the star chart, the nodes would stay open afterwards, but that doesn't seem to be the case now?

frizby

Have the rules around taxi'ing changed?

I was just helping out a new guildie, and while I could taxi them to nodes, it didn't stay open for them to go back to by themselves. When I started, before they re-worked the star chart, the nodes would stay open afterwards, but that doesn't seem to be the case now?

They do have to have the planet junction open before unlocking any nodes.

So with the clan progression stuff, before I remember it was just a case of rocking up to whatever room had some research ongoing and pump some of the required mats into it. Is this still the same?

Also, I saw that you could donate credits to the clan or the alliance?

Was only online for 15mins or so, so I maybe need to have a wee search around more.

I just started playing this game not 20 days ago and I'm completely addicted. Mastery level 8 already. I just hit a wall though; it's been quite difficult to defeat the stalker in the Second Dream quest.. it is not that the fight itself is hard, it is only that I don't seem to make much damage, even with the OP Redeemer.. and I don't want to spend my precious Orokin Catalyst and Reactor only to make a build this early to defeat him. I'd like to test more frames and weapons first, and choose something I really like. But, then again, I don't have enough platinum for more slots, so deleting stuff has been pretty hard for me ><

Also, as much as the clan I was invited into helped me a lot in the begining, it seems no one is willing to help/teach/tag along from Uranus on. I touched it up and did Uranus by myself, but I some missions, like Interception, are almost impossible alone at this level. I don't have friends in it, so it doesn't help.

For now, I've been doing alerts and helping people out, but it did get a bit frustrating. I hope I can overcome that and start doing vault runs and other late game stuff with people soon.

frizby

So with the clan progression stuff, before I remember it was just a case of rocking up to whatever room had some research ongoing and pump some of the required mats into it. Is this still the same?

Also, I saw that you could donate credits to the clan or the alliance?

Was only online for 15mins or so, so I maybe need to have a wee search around more.

No need to donate credits ever really. I do have a bunch of statues downstairs that are meant to be built and destroyed to add materials to the clan vault (it's the only way to do it), so that's an option but hardly necessary, particularly for where you are in the game. We have something like 30 people over MR20, so getting research funded is never an issue and is really just a matter of who gets there first. The clan is and always will be at max possible rank. I just wish they gave some mastery for event trophies to reward old-school clans for longevity.

I just started playing this game not 20 days ago and I'm completely addicted. Mastery level 8 already. I just hit a wall though; it's been quite difficult to defeat the stalker in the Second Dream quest.. it is not that the fight itself is hard, it is only that I don't seem to make much damage, even with the OP Redeemer.. and I don't want to spend my precious Orokin Catalyst and Reactor only to make a build this early to defeat him. I'd like to test more frames and weapons first, and choose something I really like. But, then again, I don't have enough platinum for more slots, so deleting stuff has been pretty hard for me ><

Also, as much as the clan I was invited into helped me a lot in the begining, it seems no one is willing to help/teach/tag along from Uranus on. I touched it up and did Uranus by myself, but I some missions, like Interception, are almost impossible alone at this level. I don't have friends in it, so it doesn't help.

For now, I've been doing alerts and helping people out, but it did get a bit frustrating. I hope I can overcome that and start doing vault runs and other late game stuff with people soon.

Sounds like you're proper hooked. That's great, because it's a really great game despite how much we complain about it.

We're always happy to answer questions here, and I'm happy to help in game. I know a bit. I'm also happy to party chat or send you a GAF clan invite if you'd like. We're not super chatty in clan chat, but I think most times if you asked for help, you'd get it.

Sounds like you're proper hooked. That's great, because it's a really great game despite how much we complain about it.

We're always happy to answer questions here, and I'm happy to help in game. I know a bit. I'm also happy to party chat or send you a GAF clan invite if you'd like. We're not super chatty in clan chat, but I think most times if you asked for help, you'd get it.

I get you; I have plenty of complaints, but that is just because I love the gameplay loop =3

That would be lovely! I think I'd feel more comfortable knowing I'll be meeting GAFfers in the clan =] I'm not the chatty type, so I'll feel right at home then xD I hope I can be helpful to the clan!

PSN ID is Razienn

frizby

I get you; I have plenty of complaints, but that is just because I love the gameplay loop =3

That would be lovely! I think I'd feel more comfortable knowing I'll be meeting GAFfers in the clan =] I'm not the chatty type, so I'll feel right at home then xD I hope I can be helpful to the clan!

PSN ID is Razienn

I'll get when I can log in next. Be sure to leave your current clan. Can't send an invite till you do.

Communication > clan > click your name

Edit: sent

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Seems you're missing mk-1 furis, mk-1 furax, and mk-1 bo.

The mk-1 stuff, like wraith/vandal or event weapons don't show up in your codex until you get them.

Well I was enjoying playing this but it still isn't letting me log in on PS4.

Tried resetting the console, router, resetting internet connection on both WiFi and LAN, but still nothing.

Looks like many people have had similar issues when doing some googling.

rpcdrag0n

Made some minor progress over the weekend - completed the Archwing quest and crafted a Boltor.

Got a lot of games on at the moment so didn't play as much as last week, back on it today though!

jfull7602

Neo Member
Lol. Agreed.

I probably practiced this test 15-20 times. Easily more than any other. But when I finally got it down, I was passing pretty easily with 30-90 seconds left.

Wow, thats crazy...I look forward to the challenge once I get there. I'm going to take the MR22 test hopefully tonight if time allows. I'll make 24 soon enough!

Looks like I was missing some Mk1 weapons, wth with the codex.

Anyway passed MR24 on first try, Only issue was the little leechers but you can instant kill them and get 20 energy per kill so it was like playing a frost mage from WoW.

VariantX

Geezus, game has given me so many Harrow Chassis BP. Had one relic run where I got two just seconds apart.

Its like you should never be credit poor thanks to those BP's though. You can amass dozens of them in a day's play. Whenever you want to grind for credits, just check your junk bps and sell them off. 3,500 credits each. You might be sitting on millions of credits.

I need to go through all my BP's and duplicate mods, literally got thousands of Dup's and who knows how many BP's.

Currently credit poor due to building loads of items &#128514;

Alucrid

Banned
redownloaded this since there's a bit of a lull in releases right now. had a few questions.

1) i spent a lot of time trying to get an energy siphon mod and they only come from alerts (?) but i never saw one with that as a reward in all my hours of playing. is it just random chance and bad luck?

2) had the same trouble with continuity mod. i've read that the best place to get it is a corpus t3 defense mission, does that mean making it to the third reward screen and continuing? lowest place to get this?

3) i picked loki way back and have been using his invisibility + galatine. i also got the frost prime set from the twitch prime thing. would it be more beneficial to switch to the prime frame or would that mainly be a change of pace thing not necessarily make content more trivial?

4) i stopped playing when they implemented the system that converts exp to another type of point that you can put into abilities like energy regen and what not. i remember it being a pretty big grind to even get enough points to put into one rank of an ability. is that still the case?

frizby

redownloaded this since there's a bit of a lull in releases right now. had a few questions.

1) i spent a lot of time trying to get an energy siphon mod and they only come from alerts (?) but i never saw one with that as a reward in all my hours of playing. is it just random chance and bad luck?

Yeah, just bad luck. It definitely pops up in alerts. It might be worth your while to download one of the Warframe alerts apps for your phone or tablet. Or if you ask in your clan, someone will probably give you one, or you can get one in trading for about 10 platinum

2) had the same trouble with continuity mod. i've read that the best place to get it is a corpus t3 defense mission, does that mean making it to the third reward screen and continuing? lowest place to get this?

You'll stumble across a Continuity if you just plug your way through the planets. T3 is a diffuculty level, not a round. If you look at any node, you'll see enemy levels listed, and basically, T1 is enemies level 1-10, T2 is 11-20, T3 is 21+. You'll also see "rotations" for endless modes (defense, intercept, surivival, etc) listed in the wiki. Rotations are A, A, B, C. So in Defense, for instance, the reward at wave 5 is rotation A, 10 is A, 15 is B, 20 is C, and then it repeats.

3) i picked loki way back and have been using his invisibility + galatine. i also got the frost prime set from the twitch prime thing. would it be more beneficial to switch to the prime frame or would that mainly be a change of pace thing not necessarily make content more trivial?

You'll want all frames to level them up for mastery and such. Most frames are situational. You'll find that your Loki is really good for spy and rescue, and your Frost is good for most everything else. You'll eventually get Loki Prime if you stick around, so getting rid of him wouldn't be the end of the world, but NEVER get rid of Frost Prime.

4) i stopped playing when they implemented the system that converts exp to another type of point that you can put into abilities like energy regen and what not. i remember it being a pretty big grind to even get enough points to put into one rank of an ability. is that still the case?

I think you might be talking about the schools at the end of Second Dream. Yeah, they still take some time, but Zenurik is the best one (IMO), and you only need to level up 2 abilities on it to optimize. Based on your other questions, I think you have a way to go before this comes up.

Cracklox

Great video. A few things he missed, but all understandable for someone so early in the game. Nice to see some positive buzz.

Ha, like I said in that 'other' thread, us aussies know our warframe

1. Ya. That's a pretty rare alert. I think I've seen all of two alerts for it in 500+ hours.

2. Sargas Ruk on saturn drops it as well. Alternatively that's the sort of mod that people will usually have spares of and be happy to give you if you ask. Pretty sure I've got a few lying around

3. Just play ALL the frames! That's the idea, to collect em all. They all have different strengths and weakness. Loki with his stealth is good at spy missions and the like and Frost with his Snow globes is great for defense type missions. Then there's everything in between with all the other frames

4. Hmmm. Do you mean the focus system? If so, then yeah, its pretty underwhelming. Devs have been talking recently about reworking it some soon, so hopefully it'll see some changes

edit - dammit. Beaten. *shakes fist angrily at Frizby*

VariantX

Think I'm realizing how much I'm loving the scourge. It's really effective against everything and I'm thinking I'm going to attempt to make it into a crowd control thing with either a cold or blast build. Javlok really needs to be looked at again from it's silly method of acquiring it to it's pathetic performance and functions. The other two spearguns completely out perform and outclass it.

Alucrid

Banned
Yeah, just bad luck. It definitely pops up in alerts. It might be worth your while to download one of the Warframe alerts apps for your phone or tablet. Or if you ask in your clan, someone will probably give you one, or you can get one in trading for about 10 platinum

You'll stumble across a Continuity if you just plug your way through the planets. T3 is a diffuculty level, not a round. If you look at any node, you'll see enemy levels listed, and basically, T1 is enemies level 1-10, T2 is 11-20, T3 is 21+. You'll also see "rotations" for endless modes (defense, intercept, surivival, etc) listed in the wiki. Rotations are A, A, B, C. So in Defense, for instance, the reward at wave 5 is rotation A, 10 is A, 15 is B, 20 is C, and then it repeats.

You'll want all frames to level them up for mastery and such. Most frames are situational. You'll find that your Loki is really good for spy and rescue, and your Frost is good for most everything else. You'll eventually get Loki Prime if you stick around, so getting rid of him wouldn't be the end of the world, but NEVER get rid of Frost Prime.

I think you might be talking about the schools at the end of Second Dream. Yeah, they still take some time, but Zenurik is the best one (IMO), and you only need to level up 2 abilities on it to optimize. Based on your other questions, I think you have a way to go before this comes up.

Ha, like I said in that 'other' thread, us aussies know our warframe

1. Ya. That's a pretty rare alert. I think I've seen all of two alerts for it in 500+ hours.

2. Sargas Ruk on saturn drops it as well. Alternatively that's the sort of mod that people will usually have spares of and be happy to give you if you ask. Pretty sure I've got a few lying around

3. Just play ALL the frames! That's the idea, to collect em all. They all have different strengths and weakness. Loki with his stealth is good at spy missions and the like and Frost with his Snow globes is great for defense type missions. Then there's everything in between with all the other frames

4. Hmmm. Do you mean the focus system? If so, then yeah, its pretty underwhelming. Devs have been talking recently about reworking it some soon, so hopefully it'll see some changes

edit - dammit. Beaten. *shakes fist angrily at Frizby*

thanks for the answers. didn't know about the app so i'll give that a try.

frizby

thanks for the answers. didn't know about the app so i'll give that a try.

I should know this, but it's hard to keep up lately. Are you in the GAF clan? If so, post in clan chat that you need an energy siphon and a continuity. Bet somebody gives you both.

VariantX

Where do I get the prime continuity mod to drop from?

From Baro every once and awhile. Use this time to farm up ducats to buy it directly from him or trade for it. I really have no Idea when he's bringing it again but console is usually 2-3 visits behind the PC version so if you see it on the PC version this week, it'll probably be on console in a month's time.

frizby

Note that if you trade for it, the trade tax for primed mods is 1M credits.

I have a few. If you catch me online, I'll give you one for 50p. I usually sell them for 80-100.

Cracklox

Does switching syndicates take a while to max the new ones? Would farming a whole bunch of marks and giving them to the newly aligned syndicate be a good way of truncating the process?

It's been a decent source of plat, selling weapons once you've re-maxed standing, but I'm kinda at the point where I wouldn't mind getting some of the other weapons, and I can't really be stuffed trading or buying them.

Does switching syndicates take a while to max the new ones? Would farming a whole bunch of marks and giving them to the newly aligned syndicate be a good way of truncating the process?

It's been a decent source of plat, selling weapons once you've re-maxed standing, but I'm kinda at the point where I wouldn't mind getting some of the other weapons, and I can't really be stuffed trading or buying them.

At rank 20+ it doesn't take much time at all if you're dedicated. Took me a couple weeks to completely switch from one side to the other.

frizby

I wouldn't recommend it, especially if you're on the right side. I'd recommend continuing to sell weapons and using the proceeds to buy the weapons and whatever else you want on the other side. Trying to set up trades is a fool's errand, but using plat to acquire them is super easy. "WTB x weapon 20p". You'll get a taker. 25 at most. Mods and weapon parts are 10p.

If you must switch, as your current syndicates go negative, be sure to buy your way down to each level rather than wasting that rep.

Cracklox

I wouldn't recommend it, especially if you're on the right side. I'd recommend continuing to sell weapons and using the proceeds to buy the weapons and whatever else you want on the other side. Trying to set up trades is a fool's errand, but using plat to acquire them is super easy. "WTB x weapon 20p". You'll get a taker. 25 at most. Mods and weapon parts are 10p.

If you must switch, as your current syndicates go negative, be sure to buy your way down to each level rather than wasting that rep.

But,but... I'm at the point where I want to start buying some of the cosmetic stuff. I didn't realise how good some of the tennogen skins look until recently. I've mainly been sellling rivens and sydndicate weapons for plat so far. I'm not proper in game rich by any standard, but I'm hoarding up a few spare sets of things that'll I'll sell when the times right, so I didn't really wanna waste the plat on earnable stuff
I know, I've bought a couple of frames that were more then earnable, but they involved grinds I wanted nothing to do with.
. Besides, it gives me another goal to chase and something to do.

If I understand the last part correctly, you're saying basically to dump all my rep before switching yeah? Which is sort of what I was planning on doing, once I get Meridian maxed again

Alucrid

Banned
I should know this, but it's hard to keep up lately. Are you in the GAF clan? If so, post in clan chat that you need an energy siphon and a continuity. Bet somebody gives you both.

nah i'm not. not sure how long i'll stick with warframe this time so i'd rather not take anything if i might stop when new games come out near the end of august

Dunlop

I am literally at the end of the very very long quest from War within.
I paused the game to get the door and then accidentally clicked on "abilities"

The game is now stuck in that menu screen and no button pressing will do anything

must...not...snap..

edit: game didn't put me too far back, that storyline was awesome lol

Landing craft pieces are utterly ridiculous in obtaining. I've 600 hours in the game and only gotten 6 Mantis pieces. 4 of which are engines, and 2 fuselage. I've been 2/3 on a Mantis for months. Meanwhile Scimitar is also been 2/3 for months but I've only gotten 3 drops for it, fuselage twice.

No idea where Xiphos comes from but I've 0 pieces.

frizby

Landing craft pieces are utterly ridiculous in obtaining. I've 600 hours in the game and only gotten 6 Mantis pieces. 4 of which are engines, and 2 fuselage. I've been 2/3 on a Mantis for months. Meanwhile Scimitar is also been 2/3 for months but I've only gotten 3 drops for it, fuselage twice.

No idea where Xiphos comes from but I've 0 pieces.

Just buy Xiphos when you get a 75%. It's not worth the hassle.

You're probably missing the void piece on Mantis since you rarely run void missions these days.

Scimitar is by far the easiest to get. Stalker shows up every 5 minutes, G3 are in almost every raid, and you can just get a few Zanuka beacons from the void trader. Edit: I can give you the G3 piece if you don't run the raid. I have a comical number of them. Or offer 5 plat in trading.

I think it's Stalker I am missing for Scimitar. 50+ kills and neither that or hate have dropped. It's not a big deal as the ship is basically cosmetic. I was just commenting because I only see a rare chest every couple weeks and one popped today just to drop crap I already had. It made me examine my progress on the other ships and I realized how ridiculous it was.

Dunlop

Wow playing the War Within and then Chains of Harrows quests back to back.

The first was superb, the latter not so much....

frizby

Other than the very end, I thought the Harrow Quest was fine. It's certainly not fair to compare it to main questls like Natah, Secomd Dream or War within, but it compares pretty favorably with other frame acquisition quests. The only ones I can think of that I liked more were Inaros and Octavia.

I just played Natah and the Second Dream quests and loved them. Really well done.

Won't spoil them for anyone who hasn't done them yet but I certainly didn't see it coming with regards to the story line.

I'm still trying to piece things together to get the full picture of the story.

What I will say though is those sentiment things are a pain in the ass to kill. :I

Edit: Also now that I have unlocked my focus, when playing missions there's focus orbs to pick up. When I do so there's a countdown timer from about 30-45s, what's this for?

Cracklox

Edit: Also now that I have unlocked my focus, when playing missions there's focus orbs to pick up. When I do so there's a countdown timer from about 30-45s, what's this for?

They convert your affinity earned into focus, I believe at a rate of 1.25% of earned affinity. That's then used to upgrade the operator powers all the way at the back of your ship. The system seemed promising when it launched but I'm not sure how great it is. Only 2, maybe 3 of the schools are of any use and its pretty grindy being able to unlock skills in the tree. Also, there is one main power for each school, and then some extra skills you can unlock and use to buff that power. Good in theory, but the more extra skills you use, it increases the (already quite high) cooldown which is pretty counter intuitive

That all said, I believe they're looking at reworking, or at least tweaking the system to make it a little more exciting to delve into, so all isn't lost

Callandor

I just played Natah and the Second Dream quests and loved them. Really well done.

Won't spoil them for anyone who hasn't done them yet but I certainly didn't see it coming with regards to the story line.

I'm still trying to piece things together to get the full picture of the story.

What I will say though is those sentiment things are a pain in the ass to kill. :I

About the enemies in your spoiler:
Once you finish the War Within quest, you'll get some additional abilities for your operator. One of them is a beam that strips the immunities from sentients, so that will help.

Focus is earned as a (very) small percentage of affinity that rank 30 frames/weapons otherwise don't earn. When you pick up a convergence orb, this percentage goes to 1.25% for that duration (1.75% if you've got a greater lens instead).

Top Bottom