• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

About the enemies in your spoiler:
Once you finish the War Within quest, you'll get some additional abilities for your operator. One of them is a beam that strips the immunities from sentients, so that will help.

Focus is earned as a (very) small percentage of affinity that rank 30 frames/weapons otherwise don't earn. When you pick up a convergence orb, this percentage goes to 1.25% for that duration (1.75% if you've got a greater lens instead).

They convert your affinity earned into focus, I believe at a rate of 1.25% of earned affinity. That's then used to upgrade the operator powers all the way at the back of your ship. The system seemed promising when it launched but I'm not sure how great it is. Only 2, maybe 3 of the schools are of any use and its pretty grindy being able to unlock skills in the tree. Also, there is one main power for each school, and then some extra skills you can unlock and use to buff that power. Good in theory, but the more extra skills you use, it increases the (already quite high) cooldown which is pretty counter intuitive

That all said, I believe they're looking at reworking, or at least tweaking the system to make it a little more exciting to delve into, so all isn't lost

Thanks folks!

Namikaze1

Oberon is definitely not for me. Currently have it at 15 but it feels like I'm forcing myself to get it to 30. Hopefully Vauban is better to play as once I am done with Oberon.

Dunlop

In the topic of focus, I went into the healing one. Then spent the 25k for the insta Rez and chose it as my main focus.

... But it didn't work and I looked moronic the first time when I tried to use it and the other guy ended up bleeding out.

Is there something else I need to press?

Callandor

In the topic of focus, I went into the healing one. Then spent the 25k for the insta Rez and chose it as my main focus.

... But it didn't work and I looked moronic the first time when I tried to use it and the other guy ended up bleeding out.

Any passives on focus powers are only activated once you've used focus in the mission. So, for Vazarin, you need to use the skill before you get the stock of insta-revives.

Zenurik tends to be the most overall useful power, as it has an energy regen passive. Naramon is also nice, as it has an "invis on melee crit" passive.

Cracklox

Oberon is definitely not for me. Currently have it at 15 but it feels like I'm forcing myself to get it to 30. Hopefully Vauban is better to play as once I am done with Oberon.

Vaubans great. King of crowd control, but he doesn't necessarily nuke screens.

Obi-bro's all right. I haven't used him since they changed a few things recently, but he's designed as a jack of all trades frame with healing, crowd control and some ok damage on his sklls. Plus he looks like a boss, which should be reason enough to at least get him to 30

Hmmm. Did you activate the power thinking instant revive? I don't have that lense, but the way I gather it works after checking the wiki, is you need to activate your focus power at the beginning of the mission which will then grant x amount of instant revives depending on the skills level. So you still need to actually go to someone and revive them, but it will do it instantly rather then have to spray them with the good ass green shit

edit - and beaten like Salad V. Again...

Obi healing is more subtle in healing per second for short periods of time. His healing wont save you on higher levels alone but is great if you have a great comp.

For me Trinity is still unmatched in healing until Harrow arrived yet Harrow requires some good modding and weapons to work compared to Trin who can self generate energy and health on her abilities.

Any passives on focus powers are only activated once you've used focus in the mission. So, for Vazarin, you need to use the skill before you get the stock of insta-revives.

Zenurik tends to be the most overall useful power, as it has an energy regen passive. Naramon is also nice, as it has an "invis on melee crit" passive.

Zerunik dont work on casting abilities sadly, so you have to deactive the healing wait to recharge and cast it again.

Dunlop

Thanks for the info, totally thought the power was insta revive lol.

Was weak this morning and used the 50 percent coupon to get Harrow as I love playing support. Definately a learning curve so far to juggle the abilities and feel useful

Namikaze1

Hallowed Ground is okay but it ain't no Avalanche that's for damn sure. The Reckoning skill barely grabs more than two enemies whenever I use it. I'm just so used to seeing Frost Prime just freeze everything within Avalanche's Stretch enhanced radius.

I dunno, I am just not liking this frame that much at all. Now to farm void fissures and pray to RNGesus for a Trinity Prime Systems BP to build her.

Dunlop

I dunno, I am just not liking this frame that much at all. Now to farm void fissures and pray to RNGesus for a Trinity Prime Systems BP to build her.
Trinity Prime is by far my favorite game that I have so far. If you get fed up, the components are sold for super cheap by other players.

I saw the BP, system, chassis and nuero being sold for 15p total last night

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Man wtf another pistol riven. I want melee ones. I thought they were the most common. I can't even sell them cuz who wants a bolto or cestra riven.

Man wtf another pistol riven. I want melee ones. I thought they were the most common. I can't even sell them cuz who wants a bolto or cestra riven.
Isn't the whole idea behind Rivens to provide a way to buff less popular, less used weaponry?

The less something is used, the better its Riven disposition, the better the buffed stats.

What is everyone's favourite frames then?

Mines is probably my Ember Prime as it was my first Prime. Working on getting her World of Flame to be on permanently with a high efficiency build tying in with Zenurick and Energy Siphon. Only using stretch just now as I don't have an Overextend yet.

Also partial to some Rhino and Nyx.

Not tried Nyx in a while but I loved her before for defence missions, she wrecked.

Used to run a group of Rhino/Ember/Mag/Nyx. It melted everything back in the day.

I've not really spent any time with the newer frames. Kinda stuck to the "old school ones" so far.

Favorite frame of all time - Nyx.

Seeing some other player pull off her super was my first "That's so fucking cool" moment in Warframe. Since then she's been my main. Her powers scale well, and its always fun to turn the heavy hitter enemies into allies for a time. Maxed out duration and range all the way.

Besides Nyx, Rhino is my go-to for infested missions (for his knockdown immunity), Frost for both defense missions (snowglobe of course), and on the assault in high level Corpus missions to tackle those Bursas (freeze, unload shotgun to the rear panel, repeat). Ivara or Limbo for Spy missions (to defeat lasers with Limbo's rift walk or Ivara's prowl augment), and Nekros for survivals with the augment that allows for permanent desecration using health instead of power (+ equilibrium). On Lua I use Valkyr to avoid getting one-shotted by sentients. Hyrdoid is amazing at mobile artillery in Intercept missions (though he's still pretty squishy himself), and if I'm worried about status effects I break out Oberon since his hallowed ground grants immunity (and rocking the Sancti Magistar).

But for pure fun... I love flying around mini-archwing style with Titania, speeding around levels and overshielding with Volt, and am falling in love with Octavia and her mallet.

Manzoon

Banned
When I was playing, Zephyr was my favorite to play around with, and I really enjoyed Nova Prime or Vauban for end game stuff.

All the frames after Atlas are new to me, and I have nearly all of them (except Excalibur prime) before that. Is Mag still nerfed into the ground? I know she and Mesa had their huge nerfs to dissuade that method of going the long haul in Orokin maps, and I think I heard Trinity had her damage debuff nerfed as well? What are most people doing when farming stuff in Orokin maps now?

VariantX

Isn't the whole idea behind Rivens to provide a way to buff less popular, less used weaponry?

The less something is used, the better its Riven disposition, the better the buffed stats.

That maybe the point, but it's sorely missed since everything gets rivens. Even weak disposition rivens on top-tier weaponry can make them beyond ridiculous. Rivens on weaker weaponry merely makes them good enough to possibly take into the "endgame".

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I have a spira riven and it only has 1 disposition yet at max rank gives 116% damage so double damage.

I don't mind getting ones for weaker weapons I just want ones for things I actually have or can sell. It sucks doing a hard unlock to get a bad roll for a weapon no one wants. I had Bolto, cestra, and vasto rivens. All they do is take up slots.

I have more melee weapons that any other type and I thought they were more common but I keep getting pistol ones.

It's the only thing to do in the game anymore but it just seems to be wasting more time and I'm sick of farming kuva or trying for condition overload. The need to push POE out and rebalance everything. It takes too long to get things. Double xp, credit drops etc and spread new mods out more. I doubt they ever will though.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
My favorite is probably Volt. I have him modded for speed and flying around, popping shield stacks to fire through and then bolting away when enemies get close is great. I did just get Valkyr though, and her grapple hook ability is god damn amazing. I also love the effects and scream she gives out when she activates her 2nd ability.

How do I join the GAF PS4 clan? I'm really getting into this now, would love to run with some peeps who know what they're doing, and can show me the ropes. There's layers of systems at play here, and it gets a little overwhelming at times. My tag is perineumlick if someone wants to add me.

Dunlop

My favorite is Trinity Prime by a mile but I only have maybe 8 or 9 warframes

Regretting my Harrow purchase, I loved the concept of healing/support through damage as it reminded me of a Warrior Priest from the Warhammer MMO which I loved back then.

The reality is by the time the stupid animation for the 2 or 3 ability is done your teamates have killed everything so you are frantically running around trying to kill anything before the duration expires.

Maybe Trinity spoiled me lol but she is 100000x more useful to a group

jfull7602

Neo Member
How do I join the GAF PS4 clan? I'm really getting into this now, would love to run with some peeps who know what they're doing, and can show me the ropes. There's layers of systems at play here, and it gets a little overwhelming at times. My tag is perineumlick if someone wants to add me.

We would just have to get someone to invite you. I'm not online right now, otherwise I would. But anyone else that sees this can throw you an invite.

Have Nova and Mag been nerfed?

Don't feel as good as they used to.
I thought Nova got nerfed a long while back.

Also, my favorite frame has to be Valkyr.

One more thing. I was watching this Warframe video about a glitch that allows you to use Sentient weapons(didn't know what they were) and the player used what's called an Operator. That looks pretty awesome. So much has changed in Warframe since before I came back for PS4.

I've been levelling Valkyr today as I want to get my MR up. I'm not feeling her personally. Maybe she needs levelled fully to get the use out of her?

Got loads of frames and weapons that I've never used because I've been wanting to get my "main" weapons fully forma'd up.

VandalD

What is everyone's favourite frames then?
I think my favorite is Mesa. Someone somewhere described her really well in saying that she's a horror movie villain, except she has guns. It just feels great to be so tanky (against gunfire anyway) and be able to deal out so much pain.

I've been levelling Valkyr today as I want to get my MR up. I'm not feeling her personally. Maybe she needs levelled fully to get the use out of her?
Valkyr is all about using Warcry and/or Hysteria and going nuts with a melee weapon. If you're not into that, then she's just a really tanky frame, which is something other frames can be while also doing other things.

frizby

Have Nova and Mag been nerfed?

Don't feel as good as they used to.

Both have gotten reworks. Rebuild your Nova with as much duration as possible and 145 power strength. Mag has always been pretty mediocre.

Invite sent. That PSN tho...

Favorite frame is a tough one since so many of the frames are so situational. But the best frames for end game stuff have two things: crowd control and scaleability...meaning that their powers are effective regardless of enemy level. I'd love to see a few of the previously listed favorites run through some of the daily sorties to see how they hold up.

With that in mind, I think Loki remains the best frame in the game. Invisibility and Disarm are both ridiculously overpowered, and both scale perfectly. Add Decoys to keep enemies preoccupied and irradiating disarm to add even more crowd control along with him remaining one of the fastest frames, and you can take Loki literally anywhere in the game.

But he's not my favorite. That would be Nova. I like to take her in many sorties because she makes them so much easier for the entire squad. I have no problem running her at high levels, and she's just fun.

The others that meet my criteria for being top tier are Vauban, Frost, Rhino (range/duration build), Volt (range build), Nekros, and Excalibur. Nyx, Mesa and Banshee do as well, but I don't enjoy playing them because of their stationary ultimates. Ivara probably does, but I haven't mastered her. The Limbo rework has great crowd control, but he's just obnoxious to have in a squad.

I also play a lot of Ember and a little bit of Mirage, but they don't make the cut for tough content, and I use Trinity in some very specific circumstances (raids and particular bosses).

VandalD

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Octavia is better than Loki. She can maintain her invisibility indefinitely, and maintain full speed, unlike Ivara. And her Mallet will wipe out entire rooms while she does absolutely nothing else.

But really, invisibility is so powerful in this game, you could make a case for any of the frames that have it being the best. Ash scales near infinitely as well with his shuriken/teleport augments. Using a viral melee weapon while invisible and while throwing shurikens that rip away armor is a pretty ridiculous thing.

frizby

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Octavia is better than Loki. She can maintain her invisibility indefinitely, and maintain full speed, unlike Ivara. And her Mallet will wipe out entire rooms while she does absolutely nothing else.

But really, invisibility is so powerful in this game, you could make a case for any of the frames that have it being the best. Ash scales near infinitely as well with his shuriken/teleport augments. Using a viral melee weapon while invisible and while throwing shurikens that rip away armor is a pretty ridiculous thing.

Yeah, the Ash rework makes him last a little longer into high level stuff, but eventually Disarm overtakes the utility of anything Ash does, and the ability to pull attention away with a decoy for fresh invisibility is priceless. My beef with Octavia is that she lacks the flexibility to be any good outside of fixed modes like Defense or Interception.

Still would take Loki over Octavia for spy missions. Decoy+Switch teleport makes things faster since you don't have to putz around certain configurations. Honestly think Loki is better suited for any sort of non-endless mission type. Octavia excels for indefinite types (defense/interception like Frizby mentions, as well as survival).

Tabby

Favourite has to be either Mesa or Valkyr.

Nothing is more satisfying than finding a huge group of enemies and popping Mesa's ult. Valkyr is great fun.

Honourable mention goes to Nezha, my original favourite. Leaving fire trails, speedy slidey Rhino while leaving halos on everyone.

I prefer Ivara for spy missions, I'm too lazy to learn Loki and I don't have to worry about having to recast my stealth.
She just bypasses everything.

Dunlop

Came home from work expecting to unlock the 2 Riven mods I picked up

1st one was 3 headshots in glide
I do not own a Loki or Zephyr, tried riding the vent for over an hour on Jupiter and did not even get it accomplished a single time.

2nd one Survive lvl 30 survival without any kills with a dragon key
Dojo does not have key and cannot build more solar rails because of armstrice message

Time for a beer and to put 2 rifle veiled riven mods on the trading post lol

Tabby

Came home from work expecting to unlock the 2 Riven mods I picked up

1st one was 3 headshots in glide
I do not own a Loki or Zephyr, tried riding the vent for over an hour on Jupiter and did not even get it accomplished a single time.

2nd one Survive lvl 30 survival without any kills with a dragon key
Dojo does not have key and cannot build more solar rails because of armstrice message

Time for a beer and to put 2 rifle veiled riven mods on the trading post lol

You don't need Solar Rails, the keys are in the Orokin Labs.

Pastry

Banned
So do all frames have their purpose or is it a natural progression where only the same ones are used in endgame?

I just started so trying to figure this game out lol

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Go to the dojo the straight to the next room then left to the tenno lab. You should find the key bps there along with all the tenno stuff (frames, archwing, weapons etc).

frizby

I don't see them ; (

I see other items (including option to buy rail)

It sounds like you're in the right room, but it doesn't sound like you're looking at the right panel. If you've ever built dragon keys, the BPs are multi use, so you may still have them in your foundry.

Best way to get to the lab is to use the transporter. There's one just a few feet away when you spawn.

VariantX

Many are very niche and have limited use.

Then there's Hydroid who has no use.

Well if the goal is to annoy the enemy by getting them wet and shaking them upside down for a bit to empty their pockets, then hydroid's your frame. Otherwise, he is not worth the aggravation of having to fight Vay Hek multiple times outside of the mastery generated for maxing him out.

In other news. I want that corpus bow (Lenz) so bad, but I know I'm gonna kill myself with the absurd amount of blast damage it does.

Valkyr is all about using Warcry and/or Hysteria and going nuts with a melee weapon. If you're not into that, then she's just a really tanky frame, which is something other frames can be while also doing other things.
That's basically how I've used her. Valkyr + fist melee weapons + Warcry + Hysteria = bliss.

Btw, how good is the Knell?

Knell is pretty good if you play solo, in groups not so well since the fast pacing of the game wont allow you to land a headshot while your team is rushing to the objetive or instant kill everything with their supers or melee weapons

Top Bottom