• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Manzoon

Banned
Heh. You have a whole new system to learn for prime parts. Welcome back!

Oh boy, what are the big changes since the Raid was first released? The last time I played was right after lenses came out and it looked like a really insufferable grind.

FYI I was playing during the 'let us go for an hour with frost prime, nova prime, mesa and mag prime on orokin defense' was a thing, mag and mesa had just been nerfed a few months before I stopped playing.

Finished the tutorial questline stuff with Vor, ended with my Excalibur at level 6. Skimmed some newbie guides and got myself a Braton for 25k credits. Saw some timed event thing happening on Earth for Extraction on Earth that claimed to be level 5-10 so was like sure. Shit was real as fuck, luckily there we 3 other players in that level 20+ so we were able to clear it. I came awfully close to dying but didn't and feel like I actually helped a decent amount although the later enemies got kinda crazy. My frame and both guns skyrocketed up to levels 11 and 12 lol. Feeling like I start to understand the game a little bit.

At this point should I just be selling shitty mods I don't need, or do I need to worry about saving them for upgrading others? And I guess I need to re-do the last tutorial quest with Vor because the guide I was looking at recommended crafting the Chronus as an upgrade to the Skana but it looks like I must have missed picking that blueprint up, I don't have it :(

Also where can I see how many warframe/weapon/etc slots I have? I bought two (?) extra warframe slots with platinum but no idea where I see any of that.

Edit: Oh, you can't replay story quests apparently, that's great. Well then, any recommendations on what weapon I should buy upgrading from the default Skana? lol

You can replay story missions via the codex.

Or just keep trying to kill Vor if he drops the blueprint from the planet select screen.

Oh boy, what are the big changes since the Raid was first released? The last time I played was right after lenses came out and it looked like a really insufferable grind.

FYI I was playing during the 'let us go for an hour with frost prime, nova prime, mesa and mag prime on orokin defense' was a thing, mag and mesa had just been nerfed a few months before I stopped playing.

As someone else who's just come back from much longer away, there are "missions" now called Void Fissures basically like alerts.

Basically, There are 4 main different kinds of Void Relics, (Lith, Axi, Meso, Neo) with more sub kinds (V1, V2, V3 etc etc.)

Each one has an individual loot table of 5/6 items iirc, all different prime parts and BP's.

In order to "open" them you need to collect 10 "Radiance" which is an item drop during the mission. Then once a goal has been completed in the mission (Say completing 5 waves on defence) you can choose to keep the item from your own relic, or you can pick an item from your squad mates relic.

There's a little more to it all such as "Refinement" but it's worthwhile to have a look on the Wiki at the "Void Fissure" and "Void Relic" pages.

Or someone else can come and explain it better :p

Edit: Got a 50% discount on the market for logging today :D

Don't know what to buy though, want to get bang for buck so probably go for a frame as I've loads of everything else.

Thinking Equinox or Mesa. Atlas looks cool also. Any other choices?

Don't know what to buy though, want to get bang for buck so probably go for a frame as I've loads of everything else.

Equinox requires the most pieces to make but the boss is super easy at least.
Mesa requires farming rare item or doing invasions when the ones with the drop pop up.
Atlas isn't so bad once you get a good archwing build.

I found Mesa to be the most annoying to get between the three, and also the more fun/useful of them.

I didn't buy any of the frames though.

MrDaravon

Got a 25% off Market coupon for my login today but definitely not at the point where I want to drop actual money in the game yet. I wouldn't even know what to buy, and it doesn't work on Platinum unfortunately haha.

Stupid question that's been bothering me though, whenever I'm in my ship I have a timer in the the top right corner of the screen that's been counting down, it's currently at 1 day and change, what is this?

Also I unlocked the first junction and am currently making the first companion/sentinel because I didn't see any reason not to.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
The symbols in the top right are for boosters (xp/resources/credits) or to let you know you have friend requests or stuff finished in the foundry. Sounds like you got a booster of some kind.

If you don't plan to use a coupon at least try to sell it for some platinum. Though a 25% isn't going to nab much and may not be worth the time.

Also yeah that sounds like a booster. I think the free PSN plus bonus grants a 3 day booster.

frizby

Lots to cover...

Invites sent to "duketogo" and "reservebelg". Had to remove "itshiclassyo" and "psychout83" to make space...both new members under MR5 and about 10 days offline. Post if you want a reinvite.

I wouldn't bother with a 25% coupon. Maybe put some color packs and cosmetics in your in-game wish list and get something when you get a 50% or 75%. You'll get free color packs on a lot of holidays, just so you know. The next will be Halloween with lots of oranges, reds and yellows. Never buy frames/weapons for platinum, unless there's a vaulted frame that you desperately want to get in trading. The only two I'd suggest going out of your way for at the moment are Nova Prime and Loki Prime. Frost Prime is still free via Twitch Prime. Be sure to get Trinity Prime, as she should be next to get vaulted. She's an easy farm.

For which frame to build next, I always suggest just plugging through the planet junctions and grabbing the frames from each planet boss, starting with Rhino on Venus, Hydroid on Earth, Mars, Phobos, Ceres, Jupiter, Saturn, etc. Keep Rhino, because he's useful for clearing planets, even without a reactor, but most of the other non-primes from the planet bosses shouldn't be kept, because you won't want to use an orokin reactor on them. Just ask before deleting them. Don't get hung up grinding for Equinox, Mesa or Atlas when your time is better spend getting quests, junctions and fissures done and getting access to sorties/alerts.

I like the status ninkondi build, but I'm not really much of a melee guy. I mostly cast and shoot and keep a crit Galatine Prime on for ranged and sliding slashes.

Manzoon

Banned
You can replay story missions via the codex.

As someone else who's just come back from much longer away, there are "missions" now called Void Fissures basically like alerts.

Each one has an individual loot table of 5/6 items iirc, all different prime parts and BP's.

In order to "open" them you need to collect 10 "Radiance" which is an item drop during the mission. Then once a goal has been completed in the mission (Say completing 5 waves on defence) you can choose to keep the item from your own relic, or you can pick an item from your squad mates relic.

Thanks for the run down, that is a much bigger change than I was expecting.

I like Equinox, one of the frames I kept after leveling it, if only because the color schemes are pretty rad. No idea what state any of the frames are in now though, haha.

Well having more choices on those items rolls sounds great, although I did just read you only get one reward instead of multiple, oh well. Im glad that my tower keys didn't just dissipate into the void. Hopefully I can make bank with some of my prime parts that got vaulted, haha.

Cracklox

You know my recommendations. I was the one that suggested Mesa today in chat.

As for Atlas, people make his grind out to be worse then it is. Maybe the juggernaut grind can be annoying, but the boss to kill is an archwing boss that can take a while to put down, but can be done pretty trouble free. There's a general dislike for for archwing stuff in general, so it's one parts grind some people seem to take issue with. It's also a fair way around the starchart in eris.

As for the frame himself, well, he's pretty much my fave. Best first ability in the game, and probably one of my favorite abilities in the game, period. That said though, his other 3 abilities could use some tweaking, to make him feel more cohesive, he's a little on the slow side and people don't like his look. Combine those things, and he's the least played frame in the game, at least as of 6 months or so ago, when DE released some of those sort of stats.

But I love the big lug. If you ever need help to unlock him I'll be more then happy to help.

MrDaravon

Lots to cover...

Invites sent to "duketogo" and "reservebelg". Had to remove "itshiclassyo" and "psychout83" to make space...both new members under MR5 and about 10 days offline. Post if you want a reinvite.

I wouldn't bother with a 25% coupon. Maybe put some color packs and cosmetics in your in-game wish list and get something when you get a 50% or 75%. You'll get free color packs on a lot of holidays, just so you know. The next will be Halloween with lots of oranges, reds and yellows. Never buy frames/weapons for platinum, unless there's a vaulted frame that you desperately want to get in trading. The only two I'd suggest going out of your way for at the moment are Nova Prime and Loki Prime. Frost Prime is still free via Twitch Prime. Be sure to get Trinity Prime, as she should be next to get vaulted. She's an easy farm.

For which frame to build next, I always suggest just plugging through the planet junctions and grabbing the frames from each planet boss, starting with Rhino on Venus, Hydroid on Earth, Mars, Phobos, Ceres, Jupiter, Saturn, etc. Keep Rhino, because he's useful for clearing planets, even without a reactor, but most of the other non-primes from the planet bosses shouldn't be kept, because you won't want to use an orokin reactor on them. Just ask before deleting them. Don't get hung up grinding for Equinox, Mesa or Atlas when your time is better spend getting quests, junctions and fissures done and getting access to sorties/alerts.

I like the status ninkondi build, but I'm not really much of a melee guy. I mostly cast and shoot and keep a crit Galatine Prime on for ranged and sliding slashes.

New dumb question based on this post: what is a vaulted frame?

Also how would I even go about selling the 25% coupon I got in-game if I even wanted to? Not seeing it in my inventory, it's just showing up when I look at the marketplace. I haven't messed with trading at all yet, doesn't seem relevant at the point I'm at yet.

New dumb question based on this post: what is a vaulted frame?

Also how would I even go about selling the 25% coupon I got in-game if I even wanted to? Not seeing it in my inventory, it's just showing up when I look at the marketplace. I haven't messed with trading at all yet, doesn't seem relevant at the point I'm at yet.

Prime gear goes into a 'vault' where it's removed from loot tables. It's the dev's way of reducing supply to create demand so players are more likely to spend money on the game. They're periodically 'unvaulted' for a limited time where items are added back to loot tables as to give players a chance to acquire them for free again.

As for how to sell a coupon you basically find someone willing to give you platinum between the total value and the discounted value of an item. So for example someone will offer you 80% the platinum of an item in the store, you use your 25% coupon off, and then you buy and gift them the item, netting you whatever the 5% is. I find it's only really only worth it for 50% and 75% though.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Coupons can't be traded you have to basically work out a deal beforehand and gift what the person wants I think.

Vaulted frames and weapons are not in the current relic rotation. Basically DE made relics cuz the void key drop table was too diluted but now they are too so every time a new prime comes out an old one goes in the vault. They get brought back once in a while as prime access or the relics drop again and you can farm for them. DE also gets to sell them and cosmetics again which I suspect is the real reason for the vault in the first place.

MrDaravon

Ah, they so essentially pull a Disney vault situation? Makes sense.

Are there Prime variants of every frame or just some? I've never looked into it but I've assumed that Prime items are just better versions of regular items?

Also (and I really hate to keep asking questions) I don't have Twitch/Amazon Prime, am I actually missing out on anything important by not being able to grab Frost Prime, or is that more just the fact that it's probably a better frame than any of the 3 starters? And is there any way to see when Trinity Prime goes away? Not seeing a date on the wiki (just the date it was originally released), is that something I really need to get on ASAP?

I'd be very skeptical of trading coupons. It's a good way to get scammed.

Agreed, although probably good for helping out buddies/GAFers that you trust?

Wowbagger

Are there Prime variants of every frame or just some? I've never looked into it but I've assumed that Prime items are just better versions of regular items?

Yeah, Primes are better. Frames only get minor stat boosts, though; not the end of the world, if you don't have them.

Lots of frames don't have a prime variant yet. A new one is released roughly every three months, with Hydroid Prime coming next.

Also (and I really hate to keep asking questions) I don't have Twitch/Amazon Prime, am I actually missing out on anything important by not being able to grab Frost Prime, or is that more just the fact that it's probably a better frame than any of the 3 starters?

Frost is great and currently vaulted. If he's still available through Twitch Prime, then definitely sign up for a free month and get him.

And is there any way to see when Trinity Prime goes away? Not seeing a date on the wiki (just the date it was originally released), is that something I really need to get on ASAP?

Yeah, I guess I'd prioritise getting her. She's not that hard to farm and will be vaulted when Hydroid Prime comes out in late August or early September.

Ah, they so essentially pull a Disney vault situation? Makes sense.

Also (and I really hate to keep asking questions) I don't have Twitch/Amazon Prime, am I actually missing out on anything important by not being able to grab Frost Prime, or is that more just the fact that it's probably a better frame than any of the 3 starters? And is there any way to see when Trinity Prime goes away? Not seeing a date on the wiki (just the date it was originally released), is that something I really need to get on ASAP?

Agreed, although probably good for helping out buddies/GAFers that you trust?

Frost prime is one of the best frames in the game so I'd recommend getting it.

Just set up a free 30 day trial of Amazon Prime, link it to twitch account, get the frame and then cancel it straight away.

It's a lot of hoops to jump through but for the sake of 15mins and to get a sweet free frame it's worth it.

hobozero

If you are buying outright, go Mesa!

WTVaNNK.jpg

(Not sure if Graxx skin is available on PS4, if it isn't I apologize for showing off its badassery)

MrDaravon

So I see there's a timed mission for Extraction on Venus (?) that's level 9-11, and I have two relics now and I can use one of them, great. So we're in the level and everyone is around rank 15 or so and we get rocked. I manage to get 10 of the whatever to retrieve the relic, great. So then an overlay comes up saying "Retrieving rewards from the server" that counts down to 0 in the middle of the screen then never goes away. I have zero control of my character whatsoever outside of being able to revive and bring up the start screen. Team is completely MIA, eventually I burn through all of my revives and nothing happens at all.

I got fucked didn't I

Also is there anywhere to see what relics you have other than the actual relic selection screen going into a Void (?) mission? I'm still kinda salty but will try again. Surprised at how hard we were getting rocked given the enemies were several levels below us.

Edit: Okay I completed a round of this and don't understand how the relic selection stuff works in multiplayer (I understand how the Extractor gamemode works itself). I actually am looking at my footage of the match from my PS4 capture to make sure I got this right.

I started the match having selected a Lith N3 Relic. Upon the first time we got 10 reactants My reward was a Forma blueprint, but it said I could conserve my own reward or select one of my squadmates rewards which I will receive a duplicate of. Second guy also had a Forma blueprint, next guy had a Vasto Prime Receiver, last guy had a Kavasa Prime Band which the other 3 players had already chosen and based on how I read the text I chose it as well since it seemed like it would be what we all got?

So now I'm down to 1 more Lith N3 and 2 Lith V2 relics, I choose N3 again. After playing a bit the countdown starts again even though I'm at 7/10 reactant which I thought was shared but I guess not (?), and it doesn't seem to have used any of my relics so I chose my last N3 relic again (and it shows I've selected it on the new countdown from 5 to 0 screen so I'm not crazy here). After a while I'm sitting at 10/10 reactant for a good while before the rewards screen pops up again, but this time I'm not even on the rewards screen at all and have no options, just showing my 3 squadmates options. Now after a while I'm at 8/10 reactant and the screen comes up again and it goes straight to the Void selection screen, there's no rewards screen even for my teammates.

We extraction and I've gotten 2 Forma blueprints.

I'm assuming something triggers the relic screen and I didn't get anything 2 times because I wasn't at 10 reactants when it popped, but the 2nd time I was at 10/10 I didn't get any rewards options, and I have no clue how I got two forma blueprints at all out of this. I'm looking at the wiki and shit and I'm not seeing anything about any of this really. Daravon is confused.

Also is there anywhere to see what relics you have other than the actual relic selection screen going into a Void (?) mission? I'm still kinda salty but will try again. Surprised at how hard we were getting rocked given the enemies were several levels below us.

I don't remember if it's available from the start or if it's something you unlock later, but on your ship you can check and refine your relics in tucked away corner near where you change your arsenal. It looks something like this:

I also didn't bother with relics until I got a good frame to 30 and some decent enough weapons upgraded. Also for as buggy as the game is in some places I don't think I've ever lost a relic in the 500+ hours I've played. I've ran into scenarios where I lost the reward, but it always kept the relic when I returned to my ship.

frizby

I got fucked didn't I

Wasted some time, maybe, but otherwise, nah.

Also is there anywhere to see what relics you have other than the actual relic selection screen going into a Void (?) mission?

There's a station in your ship next to the arsenal after you open the junction from earth to mars. You can view and refine (upgrade) your relics there.

Daravon is confused.

Everybody gets what they pick. It's not a vote. You don't get a reward unless you open the relic by collecting 10 reactant. Hence, no reward for 8. Edit to add: You also get a random number of void traces when you collect 10 reactant, and those are used to refine relics in your ship.

One of two things happened to change your rewards. You either didn't pick what you thought you picked, or the guy whose stuff you picked disconnected from the squad before extraction...in which case your rewards default to whatever dropped from your relic. It happens all the time in Excavations. They're generally a shit show on fissures...especially Liths, because you get so many new players who are...confused. ;)

Don't worry about enemy levels. Just run defenses when they pop up, and let randoms carry you if necessary. Defenses also have a chance to drop a relic on every rotation, so a lot of times you'll get your prime part and another relic...win win. Interceptions are good too, but you're more likely to have to hold your own than on defense.

Definitely start running relics as soon as possible. You'll be surprised how many primes you get randomly.

MrDaravon

There's a station in your ship next to the arsenal after you open the junction from earth to mars. You can view and refine (upgrade) your relics there.

Yeah I found the station but it's still locked, apparently I have to clear something on Mars (?) to unlock relic refinement and then that opens.

Everybody gets what they pick. It's not a vote. You don't get a reward unless you open the relic by collecting 10 reactant. Hence, no reward for 8. Edit to add: You also get a random number of void traces when you collect 10 reactant, and those are used to refine relics in your ship.

One of two things happened to change your rewards. You either didn't pick what you thought you picked, or the guy whose stuff you picked disconnected from the squad before extraction...in which case your rewards default to whatever dropped from your relic. It happens all the time in Excavations. They're generally a shit show on fissures...especially Liths, because you get so many new players who are...confused. ;)

Don't worry about enemy levels. Just run defenses when they pop up, and let randoms carry you if necessary. Defenses also have a chance to drop a relic on every rotation, so a lot of times you'll get your prime part and another relic...win win. Interceptions are good too, but you're more likely to have to hold your own than on defense.

Definitely start running relics as soon as possible. You'll be surprised how many primes you get randomly.

Yeah I'm assuming the guy who picked that first reward disconnected before the game ended. I literally went back and watch my actual capture of that match because I was sure I had to have done something wrong but nope lol.

What triggers being able to open the relic though? Sometimes the rewards screen would pop up after I had 10 for a while, and sometimes it would pop before I got 10 so I got nothing. I still have no idea why I didn't get a rewards screen option the 2nd time I had 10, watching the footage I clearly had selected a new relic at the last go-round. The match was kind of a shitshow in terms of lag and at the end I had funtimes where I could move but literally no button on my controller did anything so I had to intentionally die and revive to fix it, so that probably wasn't helping things.

My experience with randoms in these timed events has been all over the place; it's often either me and 3 people at about my level and we get stomped, or it puts me in a lobby with 2-3 other fully kitted players and they just slaughter everything and I get largely carried.

Thanks for the suggestions, I went with Mesa! Gonna level it next once I've finished with Nekros.

Kinda feel stupid as I was going to build WoF around a Str/Eff build so I forma'd my aura slot for Energy Siphon and choose Zenurik for Energy Overflow.

However I should have done some more research on the Wiki first as both Energy Siphon and Energy Overflow are deactivated while WoF is channeling.

D'oh! :(

Yeah I found the station but it's still locked, apparently I have to clear something on Mars (?) to unlock relic refinement and then that opens.

Yeah I'm assuming the guy who picked that first reward disconnected before the game ended. I literally went back and watch my actual capture of that match because I was sure I had to have done something wrong but nope lol.

What triggers being able to open the relic though? Sometimes the rewards screen would pop up after I had 10 for a while, and sometimes it would pop before I got 10 so I got nothing. I still have no idea why I didn't get a rewards screen option the 2nd time I had 10, watching the footage I clearly had selected a new relic at the last go-round. The match was kind of a shitshow in terms of lag and at the end I had funtimes where I could move but literally no button on my controller did anything so I had to intentionally die and revive to fix it, so that probably wasn't helping things.

My experience with randoms in these timed events has been all over the place; it's often either me and 3 people at about my level and we get stomped, or it puts me in a lobby with 2-3 other fully kitted players and they just slaughter everything and I get largely carried.

I believe that you need to complete the Earth Junction mission for Mars.

Once done you recieve an item in your inventory which you then use to unlock the Relic Refinement station.

For the relics to open you must collect 10 reactant before the end of the mission (or in defence each 5 waves are up.)

More than likely the mix of someone leaving and all the lag you were experiencing messed things up.

Or quite possibly the Relic you used was an old one in your inventory which is currently vaulted. In which case you may not receive anything for using it. It's a bit of a long shot but if you look at your footage and see what you used, and compare that to the currently vaulted relics in the Wiki page under "Void Relics - Vaulted Relics" this may be the problem if you're sure everything else was fine.

Also, when you collect the 10 reactant, you should receive a small buff which is shown up next to your health bar either:

- No ammo consumed for a set period on Primary or Secondary

- Power Strength / Range doubled

- Melee channeling cost reduced to one.

I wasn't aware of the above until looking at the Wiki page there, apparently it's called "Void Corruption".

frizby

Sounds like you're both confused about a few things.

Kinda feel stupid as I was going to build WoF around a Str/Eff build so I forma'd my aura slot for Energy Siphon and choose Zenurik for Energy Overflow.
However I should have done some more research on the Wiki first as both Energy Siphon and Energy Overflow are deactivated while WoF is channeling.

D'oh! :(

When you put a lens on a frame, you aren't selecting that focus school for that frame. Rather, you're selecting the frame (or weapon) to level up that school. The school you have activated at your operator applies to all of your warframes.

I honestly don't think anybody is better than Ember for pumping points into a focus school, and you picked the best school, so you're actually in great shape there. Level up energy overflow and mastery to cut down your cooldown...and nothing else, because every activated power adds to your cooldown, and you want that power flowing quickly. A properly leveled Zenurik school makes Energy Siphon irrelevant, and it also eliminated Fleeting Expertise from most of my builds. It's soooo good.

So yeah, you absolutely should have left her aura a V for Growing Power. Give her both range mods (stretch/overextend), two duration mods (primed continuity/constitution), three power mods (intensify/energy conversion/power drift), max fleeting expertise and one defensive mod.

I believe that you need to complete the Earth Junction mission for Mars.

Once done you recieve an item in your inventory which you then use to unlock the Relic Refinement station.

Correct.

What triggers being able to open the relic though? Sometimes the rewards screen would pop up after I had 10 for a while, and sometimes it would pop before I got 10 so I got nothing.

For the relics to open you must collect 10 reactant before the end of the mission (or in defence each 5 waves are up.)

What's confusing you here, Daravon, is that you were running Excavation. Rewards pop up every 200 cryotic excavated, so if one of your dumbass teammates (or you?) fills the second excavator before everyone has their reactant, you all get nothing. If you watch your footage, you'll see something in the top left (i think) of your HUD that says something like "next reward" with a number of cryotic.

The drop times in every other endless mode are fixed and don't require as much cooperation...5 waves of defense, each wave of interception, every 5 minutes of survival. It's why I almost never run excavation fissures. People don't understand the mechanics.

Or quite possibly the Relic you used was an old one in your inventory which is currently vaulted. In which case you may not receive anything for using it. It's a bit of a long shot but if you look at your footage and see what you used, and compare that to the currently vaulted relics in the Wiki page under "Void Relics - Vaulted Relics" this may be the problem if you're sure everything else was fine.

This is bad info, so I need to correct it.

A relic being vaulted doesn't change anything about the relic. You can still get every reward on that relic, and the drop table never changes. It's not like the old key system where drops change when the game is updated. Rather, updates bring new relics. All vaulting a relic does is make the relic itself unavailable. But you can still trade them, use them, select their rewards, etc.

I'm very confident that McDaravon's rewards defaulted to his relics because the player he selected disconnected from the game (either by choice or through lag), which takes their rewards with them and defaults to yours.

Callandor

I honestly don't think anybody is better than Ember for pumping points into a focus school, and you picked the best school, so you're actually in great shape there. Level up energy overflow and mastery to cut down your cooldown...and nothing else, because every activated power adds to your cooldown, and you want that power flowing quickly. A properly leveled Zenurik school makes Energy Siphon irrelevant, and it also eliminated Fleeting Expertise from most of my builds. It's soooo good.

I'll second that Ember recommendation. A good max range maim Equinox also works wonders.

Sounds like you're both confused about a few things.

When you put a lens on a frame, you aren't selecting that focus school for that frame. Rather, you're selecting the frame (or weapon) to level up that school. The school you have activated at your operator applies to all of your warframes.

So yeah, you absolutely should have left her aura a V for Growing Power. Give her both range mods (stretch/overextend), two duration mods (primed continuity/constitution), three power mods (intensify/energy conversion/power drift), max fleeting expertise and one defensive mod.

I'll second that Ember recommendation. A good max range maim Equinox also works wonders.

Thanks for that, I'm gonna forma it back to what it was before, got some of the mentioned mods so gonna re jig her a bit.

At least it's salvageable!

gatti-man

Wow has this game changed since I tried it last three years ago. I'm totally hooked now. I'd appreciate an invite to the gaf guild if there is room sn gatti-man. I tend to just play this and destiny.

Never joins PUBs for Excavation Fissures unless you're prepared to be frustrated. Because either idiots are going to spread way the hell out and make collecting the reactants a chore, somebody is going to drop power in despite everybody being under 10 reactant, or the game is just going to be stingy with the reactant and stop spawning enemies forcing you to drop power into an excavator and make you hope you can nab the reactant before it finishes.

MrDaravon

Thanks a ton for all of the detailed replies, I really appreciate your patience in explaining things to me. Looking back at my footage I do see the Relic Cycle notification on the left which is on me, but also to be fair there is a LOT of shit on the left side of the screen text-wise all times in that mode lol. Is there any way to see what your teammates are at Reactant-wise short of being in a voicechat with them?

Also when I just logged on (hadn't been on since last night) I got an in-game email giving me the Sybaris Prime Stock that we had all selected as that first guy's reward, so that seems to have been a lag or other issue but that at least makes sense and assures me I'm not totally insane. I would then have to question why I got two Formas then when I never got to make another rewards selection but I'm chalking this up to lag/match weirdness and gonna let it go :p. The mode seems fun IF you were in a party with 4 friends, otherwise it does seem pretty hard to coordinate.

Gonna try to get through some more content tonight, have more questions but I think playing some more will answer some of them.

Namikaze1

Reached rank 4 with Steel Meridian. Of course I went with the Hek mod for the free rank up reward. That Vaykor Hek will soon be mine.

Also, went and bought all the Volt+parts BPs from the dojo over the weekend. Wanted to give that one a try after being a bit disappointed with Oberon and the less said about Vauban, the better. Was planning on making Limbo next but that bastard can wait. Got so pissed off over the last few days with Limbo players. God, I hate that one Limbo skill. Such a troll skill.

Anyway, Volt is fun as heck.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
The hek mod doesn't work on veykor hek as it has the syndicate proc built in. It's also a rank 12 weapon.

For limbo if it's banish some asshat casts on you double tap L1 while aiming to the side to roll. This will cancel banish, volt speed boost etc.

Namikaze1

I know that the mod won't work with the Vaykor Hek and that it's a MR12 weapon. I have known that for a long while now after checking up on Syndicate stuff over at the Warframe forums. I got the mod for my regular Hek since that's still my preferred primary.

I built a Hek before getting Vaykor just to level it as fodder. Got it to 30, sold it. Bought a Vaykor, bought the mod. Realized mod don't go into vaykor, then built another Hek to level to 30 so I could use it. Felt like an idiot for not researching beforehand.

frizby

Thanks a ton for all of the detailed replies, I really appreciate your patience in explaining things to me. Looking back at my footage I do see the Relic Cycle notification on the left which is on me, but also to be fair there is a LOT of shit on the left side of the screen text-wise all times in that mode lol. Is there any way to see what your teammates are at Reactant-wise short of being in a voicechat with them?

In your options menu, under HUD, you should turn player list on. It shows reactant along with other useful info like mastery rank, health/shields and any status effects from your powers.

Also in options, I highly suggest to anyone who will listen that you pull the camera back. Turn Field of View, under display, all the way up. Maybe turn off some effects as well.

The other critical option is under chat. Turn off in-line messages. They turn your chat into a mess, and they default to "on".

frizby

Reached rank 4 with Steel Meridian. Of course I went with the Hek mod for the free rank up reward. That Vaykor Hek will soon be mine.

Also, went and bought all the Volt+parts BPs from the dojo over the weekend. Wanted to give that one a try after being a bit disappointed with Oberon and the less said about Vauban, the better. Was planning on making Limbo next but that bastard can wait. Got so pissed off over the last few days with Limbo players. God, I hate that one Limbo skill. Such a troll skill.

Anyway, Volt is fun as heck.

Vauban is a top tier frame, but that's all I'll say per your request. ;)

Give Volt max range and duration, and then as much power strength as you can after overextended. He's definitely fun, but he's mid tier I think. I do use him for sorties sometimes though.

I go back and forth, but I think I prefer Vaykor Hek to regular Hek, even if you can't use the extra multi shot mod. Ultimately, it won't matter tho, because neither is in the same zip code as Tigris Prime.

MrDaravon

Early on should I be crafting lower tier stuff just to level it up to increase my overall rank? I've got Furis and Boltor blueprints right now and I've got enough to craft the Boltor (my choke point is the Neurodes, I only have 3) and nearly enough for the Furis. All of my starting stuff is nearing 30.

Also got a Mag Prime blueprint so yay? I have none of the blueprints for any of the parts, but hey it's something!

In your options menu, under HUD, you should turn player list on. It shows reactant along with other useful info like mastery rank, health/shields and any status effects from your powers.

Also in options, I highly suggest to anyone who will listen that you pull the camera back. Turn Field of View, under display, all the way up. Maybe turn off some effects as well.

The other critical option is under chat. Turn off in-line messages. They turn your chat into a mess, and they default to "on".

Thanks! I had already turned the FoV all the way up but I did the other ones as well now.

Namikaze1

I go back and forth, but I think I prefer Vaykor Hek to regular Hek, even if you can't use the extra multi shot mod. Ultimately, it won't matter tho, because neither is in the same zip code as Tigris Prime.
I built regular Tigris over the weekend to get a feel of it (and for mastery) after hearing so much praise for the Tigris Prime. Collected some parts of the Prime version though I don't have the blueprint for the weapon yet.

Really liked the regular Tigris. Only negative thing I can say about it is the mag size. If it wasn't for that, I would be using it over the Hek. Still really want the Prime version though.

frizby

Wait on the Furis until you can build a second one for the Afuris. Otherwise, you'll have a crap gun taking up an inventory slot.

For those weapons that take other weapons to build, always have a plan.

frizby

I built regular Tigris over the weekend to get a feel of it (and for mastery) after hearing so much praise for the Tigris Prime. Collected some parts of the Prime version though I don't have the blueprint for the weapon yet.

Really liked the regular Tigris. Only negative thing I can say about it is the mag size. If it wasn't for that, I would be using it over the Hek. Still really want the Prime version though.

Tigris Prime at 100% status will one shot most everything you come across up to comically high levels. The clip size is mostly sorted with a chilling reload.

I think you have to be MR12 to build it...or somewhere close to that.

Top Bottom