• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Are you doing a group of full radiants or just joining pubs? If solo it's unlucky but not unheard of. If a full group went 0-25 I think you are on rngesus's black list.

frizby

Is it normal to go through 25 -30 radiant relics and still not get the rare drop?

With all 4 players running radiants, your odds of getting the rare are basically one in three. Most times, I get the rare within three runs, and I think the most I've had to run is something like five. Honestly, I think I've had more trouble getting common drops with intact relics or uncommon drops with radiants.

In the relic system, the grind isn't getting the drop. It's getting the relics.

Namikaze1

I'm so bloody tired. Spent all weekend and today grinding to MR13. I at least have a shiny new Tigris Prime and Galatine Prime to look forward to.

Flipyap

I should probably get around to today's sortie. I could use another Ayatan sculpture or two.

Fuck RNG.
I'd like to do that, but I once again find myself without a sniper rifle. I really should look for one worth keeping...

Somewhat related: what's everyone's favorite non-Sonicor secondary?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'd like to do that, but I once again find myself without a sniper rifle. I really should look for one worth keeping...

My Hikou Prime with Concealed Explosives are pretty rad. When I'm not accidentally killing myself with them.

Which is often.

Dunlop

arg,

Spent plat last week buying more slots for Warframe's I have built, came back from a trip and just got the 75% off..and 40 plat short now to buy the Meso I wanted to get lol

(I'm trying to not spend more money on the game)

Cracklox

Have you tried the Lanka for Sniper? It has a charge up time but has massive innate punchthrough. Which is always fun. Snipetron vandal is apparently pretty good too, but I haven't really played around with it much to see its full potential.

As for secondaries, Vaykor Marelok and Euphona Prime are rock solid options. Use them with a throwing melee for maximum badassery. Staticors another good one, but needs a bit of work with potatoes and forma and the like to get it effective

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Have you tried the Lanka for Sniper? It has a charge up time but has massive innate punchthrough. Which is always fun. Snipetron vandal is apparently pretty good too, but I haven't really played around with it much to see its full potential.

As for secondaries, Vaykor Marelok and Euphona Prime are rock solid options. Use them with a throwing melee for maximum badassery. Staticors another good one, but needs a bit of work with potatoes and forma and the like to get it effective

Also the Azima you get from the 100 day login bonus is pretty nice, too. I mean aside from the fact that it looks like a label maker. :lol

Cracklox

Ok, I'd suspected for a while that people really didn't like doing endless missions on Uranus. But I just did 4 relics runs on the defense there and 3 times everyone moved straight to extract after 5 waves when I moved to carry on. And on the fourth, 3 of us voted to go on, but (of course) the host wanted to bail which fucked up the host migration. Why are people bothering...

In fact, of late I'm finding it hard getting groups doing more then 10 waves in defense, period. If I want to do a long run, more people seem to be up for it in survival, which I've been playing a lot more of lately

Anyway, the other nice thing about the recent voting changes is in those situations I can sit on battle on until the last second and extract. I figure the least I can do is waste 15 seconds of those peoples lives when they just (sort of) wasted 5 minutes of mine. Not that I couldn't solo it in most cases, it's just more fun in a group with more spawns etc.

frizby

Ok, I'd suspected for a while that people really didn't like doing endless missions on Uranus. But I just did 4 relics runs on the defense there and 3 times everyone moved straight to extract after 5 waves when I moved to carry on. And on the fourth, 3 of us voted to go on, but (of course) the host wanted to bail which fucked up the host migration. Why are people bothering...

In fact, of late I'm finding it hard getting groups doing more then 10 waves in defense, period. If I want to do a long run, more people seem to be up for it in survival, which I've been playing a lot more of lately

Anyway, the other nice thing about the recent voting changes is in those situations I can sit on battle on until the last second and extract. I figure the least I can do is waste 15 seconds of those peoples lives when they just (sort of) wasted 5 minutes of mine. Not that I couldn't solo it in most cases, it's just more fun in a group with more spawns etc.

Defense and interception have give relics on rotation A, so even if you leave at five or ten waves, it's better than survival.

Cracklox

Defense and interception have give relics on rotation A, so even if you leave at five or ten waves, it's better than survival.

But the problem with that is, say someplace like Hydron will give neo on rotation A and Axi on B and C. That's far from the only node with that sort of drop table too. If I want to play a few axi's, I'd like to maybe get some back. I'd prefer to play 4 and get 2 back then just play 2, and leave before it starts getting good. Besides I'm always inundated with Neo relics (probably partly for that reason) and struggling lately to maintain a good stock of Axi

I'm finding Mot and Ani Void survivals pretty good lately. They both have Axi's on rotation C (Mot for Neo entry) and generally if the squad isn't getting smacked around too badly in the first 10 minutes, people seem to be up for half hour + plus runs fairly often

Callandor

Ok, I'd suspected for a while that people really didn't like doing endless missions on Uranus. But I just did 4 relics runs on the defense there and 3 times everyone moved straight to extract after 5 waves when I moved to carry on. And on the fourth, 3 of us voted to go on, but (of course) the host wanted to bail which fucked up the host migration. Why are people bothering....

Uranus defense has a great drop table with the Neo's on A and Axi's on B/C, but that's somewhat killed by the fact that rounds take more time due to the sheer size of the map. I love opportunities to burn Neo relics and get Neo/Axi's back, but also hate Uranus defense for that reason.

Neptune's defense and interception nodes are Neo fissues but give back Neo/Axi relics, so those are better. No one ever really stays long on those, though.

| think the Void interception node can come up Neo fissue, so that's a good one too.

Callandor

Pardon the double post, but between my rapidly progressing PC Warframe account, and the impending time sink known as Destiny 2, the time has come to retire from PS4 Warframe.

What does this mean? FREE STUFF BABY.

Find me online, and if I have extras of it, you get it for free until I run out of trades.

Plat, prime sets, maybe some mods, who knows! Ask and we shall see.

Pardon the double post, but between my rapidly progressing PC Warframe account, and the impending time sink known as Destiny 2, the time has come to retire from PS4 Warframe.

Find me online, and if I have extras of it, you get it for free until I run out of trades.

Oh wow, that's awesome

I'd be happy to take some stuff off your hands 😄

Callandor

I'll give more of a heads up next time I'm on and giving stuff away. Not sure when I'll pull myself away from Destiny 2 again (must get raid ready...), but it'll be soon.

People already took all my Ember Prime sets and my extra Maiming Strike and Argon Scope. Go figure.

Amon37

Razorback Armada just stuck. It's the strata relay.

Fuck ya, need to read up on it again and farm the crap out of it till Saturday night, I only have the shotgun puncture mod.

Also for the person asking about secondary, I love my akstilleto prime and atmos

Akmagnus - build for crit, build for status. I always take it against Corpus and its been my general go-to secondary since I first crafted it.

Dual Grakatas. So damn fun, and high crit. Forma'd 5 times to make them little death machines.

Vaykor Marelok. Satisfyingly punchy, high status, and the Justice proc is always useful at clearing the area.

Aksomati - like lil Somas, filled to the brim with slashy goodness. My go to secondary for Infested missions.

Aklex Prime - currently sporting these with my Harrow. Put punch through on that sucker and wreak devastation on enemies that mass and charge you.

Jaeger

I'll give more of a heads up next time I'm on and giving stuff away. Not sure when I'll pull myself away from Destiny 2 again (must get raid ready...), but it'll be soon.

People already took all my Ember Prime sets and my extra Maiming Strike and Argon Scope. Go figure.

Maiming Strike!!!! Fuuuck!!!!

Could you message me when you are on again? JaegerGAF on PSN.

Amon37

Killed 12 razorbacks last night

2 auger strikes
1 bore
1 Magma blast or whatever the arcwhing one is

The rest of course misc. Gorgon wraith parts

VariantX

I actually want the gorgon wraith parts, I cant get anything but blueprints though

Feels weird for me to even say this, but Akbronco prime is like in my top 5 secondaries now. It got buffed...super hard. A few blasts with a proper corrosive build will strip the armor off of anything.

frizby

I really hate to see a veteran go, and you'll be missed in the clan, but very cool of you to donate stuff to other gaffers. Hope Destiny 2 sucks less than Destiny 1. I'll be watching for the first update to see if they nerf everyting and drastically change to rules for leveling stuff.

Obviously, there are tons of good answers to this depending on your taste. If you just want raw power, I haven't really found a secondary that wrecks high level enemies faster than Akstiletto Prime. Build it with both Status and Crit, and watch enemies melt.

That said, I don't really go for raw power in my secondary slot. I prefer utility, and I almost exclusively use the Synoid Gammacor. It's great for giving me energy bumps until I can kick off Zenurik, and those energy bumps are super useful for frames that consume energy over time...like Ember.

ShinMaruku

Just got my Octavia and I am using her to make Tyl Regor kill himself with mallet wrecking his stuff. This game is such a joy with this frame...

jfull7602

Neo Member

Recently, I am all about the Akstiletto Prime. I'm still working on a build, but may go with a similar one that Frizby mentioned and go status and crit. But, still playing around with a build, so we shall see how it works out when I'm finally done pumping a few forma into it.

So I've decided to try this out I've done the download and went to start it up and apparently I've already played this two years ago is there anyway to reset everything so I can do the tutorials?

I don't know what I'm doing. 🙁

Amon37

Recently, I am all about the Akstiletto Prime. I'm still working on a build, but may go with a similar one that Frizby mentioned and go status and crit. But, still playing around with a build, so we shall see how it works out when I'm finally done pumping a few forma into it.

I have 5 forma on my Akstilleto for the build your describing. I love it.

P.S. Are Ember sets really going for 800 again? I'm running low on plat.

Used-ID

So I've decided to try this out I've done the download and went to start it up and apparently I've already played this two years ago is there anyway to reset everything so I can do the tutorials?

I don't know what I'm doing. 🙁

I started playing this last week after reading a few posts in other threads. I made it to the 3rd quest but have hit a roadblock of ignorance on my part. Fun game with a lot of depth, just can't figure much of it out via in game methods.

I started playing this last week after reading a few posts in other threads. I made it to the 3rd quest but have hit a roadblock of ignorance on my part. Fun game with a lot of depth, just can't figure much of it out via in game methods.
Yeah, the wiki is still pretty mandatory. I still use it all the time to look up details on weapons, enemies, bosses, certain mechanics, drop rotations etc.

But the in-game Codex has been steadily improving. There is a lot of information there. You can also search for relics and their drop locations there, which is all kinds of handy.

And of course, feel free to ask anything here.

So there's no way to wipe your character and start a fresh, seems a bit silly. The games confusing enough without figuring out where to start.

I take it Earth is the starting planet can I just do the missions in order?

So there's no way to wipe your character and start a fresh, seems a bit silly. The games confusing enough without figuring out where to start.

Don't remember how, but when DE revised the early game they did it in a way that even long time players could play through the starter quest line. Never did it myself, but I'm sure there is a way because a buddy of mine ran though them, and we've both been regular players since the PS4 launch.

Wiping would be overkill though. No reason to trash the gear and mastery you've acquired up that point.

BTW - random, but am loving Harrow. Once you get him down you can always have his energy, healing and fire-rate buffs up for the whole team. Been getting a lot of positive comments after running defense missions.

h8hvelS.jpg

The Tenora in Harrow's hands is a super death machine, 100% accurate when spooled up, which means his fire rate buff synergizes with it perfectly. Its also a critical beast, which works with his ultimate.

And its just a damn fine autorifle.

Don't remember how, but when DE revised the early game they did it in a way that even long time players could play through the starter quest line. Never did it myself, but I'm sure there is a way because a buddy of mine ran though them, and we've both been regular players since the PS4 launch.

Wiping would be overkill though. No reason to trash the gear and mastery you've acquired up that point.

BTW - random, but am loving Harrow. Once you get him down you can always have his energy, healing and fire-rate buffs up for the whole team. Been getting a lot of positive comments after running defense missions.
I can't figure what I've acquired and what I already had and I don't know what mastery even is?

I can't figure what I've acquired and what I already had and I don't know what mastery even is?
Mastery is your overall level in Warframe, and its account specific, not warframe specific. You gain mastery by just acquiring more gear and leveling it up. Its a much slower burn than leveling in other games, but comes with all kinds of perks under the hood as you level up.

[url]http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank
[/URL]
In terms of seeing what items you have, you can either walk up to your arsenal - shown in my pic above - or access it through the pause menu. You can also check your collection of mods and equipment and gear from there too, or from the various stations on your ship.

Used-ID

I have a silly question then:

If I sell/trash an item I've leveled up to 30, then go back and get it again, do I have level it back up again - or will the game remember the level?

Like: I toss the starter pistol, get something else, then in a month go build/buy it - will it still be at level 30?

Cracklox

I have a silly question then:

If I sell/trash an item I've leveled up to 30, then go back and get it again, do I have level it back up again - or will the game remember the level?

Like: I toss the starter pistol, get something else, then in a month go build/buy it - will it still be at level 30?

It will retain the mastery earned toward your overall mastery rank (3k per weapon) but if you craft it again down the track, it will be level 1 and need to be re-leveled.

-edit - in fact careful with what you sell. There's a good number of weapons required go into other weapons as a crafting ingredient. see

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_Required_as_Crafting_Ingredients

bobohoro

So I guess I'll try this game as well, was interested in it for quite some time and finally decided to download it two days ago. Am just shy of MR2 after finishing of the first quest(?) and have no idea what I'm doing, but it's fun.

Seems like upgrading the mods for shields/health is a good idea at the start? Seems like most missions right now have a low chance of killing me with 400/400, although I'm just fumbling around most of the time.

I also saw the clan stuff seems to be pretty important. Is there an active one on GAF to join for a beginner, or can I just jump into random ones online and get sutff done anyway? PSN would be bobohoro.

frizby

So I guess I'll try this game as well, was interested in it for quite some time and finally decided to download it two days ago. Am just shy of MR2 after finishing of the first quest(?) and have no idea what I'm doing, but it's fun.

Seems like upgrading the mods for shields/health is a good idea at the start? Seems like most missions right now have a low chance of killing me with 400/400, although I'm just fumbling around most of the time.

I also saw the clan stuff seems to be pretty important. Is there an active one on GAF to join for a beginner, or can I just jump into random ones online and get sutff done anyway? PSN would be bobohoro.

Tried to send you a clan invite, but you seem to already be in one. You'll have to leave that one first if you want to join ours.

Health and shields is fine, but don't overinvest resources into them, as you'll need them less and less as you progress. The first four mods I tell most people to level (when they get them) are Intensify, Streamline, Stretch and Continuity...and then maybe base damage for whichever gun type you prefer.

Health and shields is fine, but don't overinvest resources into them, as you'll need them less and less as you progress. The first four mods I tell most people to level (when they get them) are Intensify, Streamline, Stretch and Continuity...and then maybe base damage for whichever gun type you prefer.
I've always run with Redirection and Vitality in every frame and every build from day one, but I do find myself these days running without one or the other in very specific cases.

I get the idea that the best way to stay alive is to kill quicker, but not everything will go down super quick, and some damage is unavoidable, so that extra shielding and larger health pool always helps.

Either way works though.

goblin

If you really want, you can just sign up for a fresh account to go through the new player experience and see what it's like. Just don't have your two accounts interact or trade and it's all good.

The Tenora in Harrow's hands is a super death machine, 100% accurate when spooled up, which means his fire rate buff synergizes with it perfectly. Its also a critical beast, which works with his ultimate.

And its just a damn fine autorifle.

Harrow doesn't apply his Penance fire rate and reload buffs to the rest of the team, unfortunately. It'd be nice if they got it, even if only at reduced effectiveness, because that'd help bolster his role as a primarily damage boosting support since he has far less on-demand energy and health restoration than Trinity. I love playing Harrow, too, though. He's got a cohesion to his look, personality, skills and playstyle that I've always felt Trinity lacks.

frizby

I've always run with Redirection and Vitality in every frame and every build from day one, but I do find myself these days running without one or the other in very specific cases.

I get the idea that the best way to stay alive is to kill quicker, but not everything will go down super quick, and some damage is unavoidable, so that extra shielding and larger health pool always helps.

Either way works though.

I don't think I run redirection on anybody anymore...not even Mag. I use Vitality here and there. Lately, I've been combining Primed Flow with Quick thinking whenever it makes sense. With Zenurik, that combo will usually keep you alive with the added benefit of giving a nice pool of energy for spamming abilities.

I also run Arcane Grace on everybody.

Cracklox

I don't think I run redirection on anybody anymore...not even Mag. I use Vitality here and there. Lately, I've been combining Primed Flow with Quick thinking whenever it makes sense. With Zenurik, that combo will usually keep you alive with the added benefit of giving a nice pool of energy for spamming abilities.

I also run Arcane Grace on everybody.

I still use redirection with mag (Harrow and Volt would prob be the only other) But then I don't have primed flow, and with regular flow her energy pool is too low for quickthinking. When I came back to her recently, I initially went with vitality, but found after a few runs in Mot and the like, I was going down alot from 10-15 mins in. So I switched out to redirection, and now feel pretty comfortable in those places till around 30-40 minutes before she starts getting pretty squishy.

I also mostly use the miter with the judgement proc to restore any health that I might lose through the shields, which does a pretty good job

Cracklox

No more PC updates until PoE

Could only be max 2-3 weeks for pc I'd say

Tenno! Starting today, the Warframe team will be focusing all of their attention and devpower into Update 22: Plains of Eidolon! In an effort to deliver you the highly anticipated build in speedy fashion, there will be no PC updates in between now and the launch of U22. We will Hotfix if circumstances demand it.

Also, Next build sent to cert

Must. Have. Bolded

Hey PS4 Tenno!

The console team has worked at supersonic speeds to put together an interim build that was sent off to cert last night! This Update is a piñata of goodies that includes reinforcements, changes, and fixes from Chains of Harrow Update 21.3.0 all the way up to Hydroid Prime Update 21.7.0.

Here’s some of what you can look forward to in this update:

TENNOGEN ROUND 9 BUNDLES:

TennoGen Bundle XII

Equinox Insomnia Skin by prosetisen
Mag Graxx Skin by Faven_PS
Saryn Amalgama Skin by prosetisen
Nyx Carnifex Skin by Vulbjorn the Walrus Rider
Nova Graxx Skin by Faven_PS
TennoGen Bundle XIII

Nezha Devine Skin by polygonmonster
Atlas Monolith Skin by Stenchfury
Hydroid Graxx Skin by Faven_PS
Ash Tsukuyomi Skin by Yatus
TennoGen Bundle XIV

Naru Syandana by malayu and Jadie
Scapulis Syandana by lukinu_u
NEW CORPUS WEAPONS:

Arca Plasmor
Arca Scisco
Arca Titron
NEW CORPUS ARMOR:

Arca Chest Guard
Arca Knee Guards
Arca Shoulder Guards
ARCA BUNDLE:
Arca weapons represent the bleeding-edge of Corpus research and fabrication. This bundle includes the Arca Titron hammer, Arca Plasmor shotgun, Arca Scisco scoped pistol, and the Arca armor set.

OTHER:

Quick Revive option
A boatload of Hydroid changes and fixes
Javlok alt fire changes
… and much more!

Top Bottom