• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe seems so successful as a F2P, but one talk about it

I've popped in and out of Warframe every now and then. I only gripe that makes me not play it hardcore is truly just the art style.

But the game seems to have outlasted quite a few pretty high end AA-AAA F2P games over the years.

If you have play it, what has kept it from being a flop? Has the end game content been steady for core players? What has Warframe done right where other F2P get wrong?

Rhazkul

450 hours playtime here that i clocked 2-3 years ago during the height of the lockdowns, so take my opinion with a grain of salt as i am just a filthy casual.

If you have play it, what has kept it from being a flop?
I think the regular content updates + new frames keep things interesting (though it also creates a lot of clutter like obsolete areas, currency and mats). The gameplay being so stellar and fluid definitely helps too.

Has the end game content been steady for core players?
Never reached the "endgame"... (steel path). But there's tons of other stuff to do even if you are too weak to play steel path missions. The endgame is versatile because endgame is individually defined.
When i was actively playing, I personally grinded for Kuvak weapons (Kuvak Nukor is the GOAT), did Sorties, traded mods to make some Plats, cracked some orbs, collected prime weapons and frames. Lots to do beside the Steel Path.

What has Warframe done right where other F2P get wrong?
The F2P model is fair in my opinion. You can access all of the content without paying, but there's a lot of grind involved. Paying for stuff just speeds stuff up.

Top Bottom