• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000 |OT| In the Grim Darkness of the Community Forum There Is Only War

Maledict

I'm definitely interested in the chaos primarchs who aren't allied to the gods coming back and becoming active - Lorgor and Perturbo. They both worship chaos undivided and yet achieved demon prince status, which makes them fairly unique and different to the other princes.

(And hopefully one of them can kick Abadonns head in because he's such a terrible character)

hm... wonder who'd be most likely to switch sides.

The Lion. Half is legion is already traitors. It runs in his bloodline. Heretics.

Sanguinius recently missed his opportunity to come back in epic fashion saving of Baal, the Blood Angels, and all their successor chapters. Instead they have that honor to Robot Gorillaman. My fingers are still crossed for vampire Sanguinius! The eldar have their god of death strolling around and they have a habit of helping the Imperium bring back Primarchs. With 40k's comic book esque world building, anything is possible.

I think its only a matter of time before Russ returns. My money is on him for the second loyalist Primarch.

The Lion. Half is legion is already traitors. It runs in his bloodline. Heretics.

Sanguinius recently missed his opportunity to come back in epic fashion saving of Baal, the Blood Angels, and all their successor chapters. Instead they have that honor to Robot Gorillaman. My fingers are still crossed for vampire Sanguinius! The eldar have their god of death strolling around and they have a habit of helping the Imperium bring back Primarchs. With 40k's comic book esque world building, anything is possible.

I think its only a matter of time before Russ returns. My money is on him for the second loyalist Primarch.

In regards to sanguin there some interesting concepts about how he could come back, most revolve around Mephiston. Mephiston is undergoing some sort of metamorphosis atm, he is absurdly strong as a psyker and godlike in his str and endurance. I could see a pseudo resurrection happening if he eats the flesh of the primarch.

additionally they've been heavily leaning on the odd aspects of each primarch, Russ coming back as wulfen touched.

So with proper Vamprie lore, put enough blood into Sanguins tomb and he could come back.

on thechaos primarchs turning, I'd love to see the Alpha legion flipping.
-----

and the other dead loyalist could comeback as a warp entity leading the legion of hte damned

Tacitus_

Lion "loyalty is its own reward" El'Jonson?

Naah. One of the disappeared primarchs is more likely. I'd wager Corax if one had to turn. He went into the Eye with massive emotional issues.

AlStrong

I think Lion would be too obvious, but...you're right I guess the signs are there, and maybe they shouldn't pull anything too out of whack for the sake of it.

For some reason I just want Russ's return to be a a comedic event full of over the top stereotypical viking. Like... "Oh Russ, never change." haha :p

Mikeside

If Sanguinius comes back then he needs to look at the Blood Angels and be disgusted with their red thirst and black rage & then turn his back on them. It's the only way to have him come back and keep the Blood Angels' cool stuff from being wiped out of the lore

HariKari

If Sanguinius comes back then he needs to look at the Blood Angels and be disgusted with their red thirst and black rage & then turn his back on them. It's the only way to have him come back and keep the Blood Angels' cool stuff from being wiped out of the lore

I really wish the Imperium Secundus idea went somewhere. Having Guilliman and Sanguinius basically reject the modern Imperium would have been interesting.

Sanguinius and Ferrus should stay dead though, bringing them back is a stretch and passes over easier returns.

I'd totally trade the 'loyalist' Dark Angels for, say, the Alpha Legion. That would be fun.

Primaris marines are already doing that to Blood Angels. Like, do they get the thirst at all? Do they carry the same flaws?

HariKari

Primaris marines are already doing that to Blood Angels. Like, do they get the thirst at all? Do they carry the same flaws?

Primaris geneseed is more stable, but it still comes from the same chapter specific stocks, complete with flaws. The Red Thirst predates Sanguinius' death. On the actual tabletop they've made both the thirst and the black rage a lot less inconvenient, so I don't see why they'd avoid the Primaris marines 'suffering' from it. Rolling for death company and having units like devastators moving when you wanted them to shoot was a pain in the ass in previous editions. Now it's mostly just flavor.

I think it'd be fun if the Lamenters of all chapters found a way to come back from the red thirst, but not remove it as a genetic flaw, and passed it back to their fellow BAs. You'd have an excuse to keep the Death Company with some still going straight into the Black Rage. They've already dabbled with that in the past and the Lamenters are currently on a penance crusade.

The Adeptus Mechanicus are being re-armed for the new edition with their best codex ever. This book will contain rules for fielding the Cult Mechanicus, the Skitarii and the Knights of the Questor Mechanicus, alongside – for the first time – powerful faction rules for seven forge worlds.

Excellent!

Edit - let's get some pics up in here:
DeathGuardArt_Content.jpg

DeathGuardArmyShot_Content.jpg

Leunam

I'm pretty sure that this is precisely what I asked for in this very thread, these two codices releasing one after the other. Problem is, I didn't take it to account how much time I actually have to do anything.

I brought this on myself lol

On the subject of returned primarchs, i'd be down for Russ or Khan myself.

Russ woudl be pissed about his fhomeworld, and serve as a great counter to Rob, as he didn't seem to care about the codex astares and would probably got get along well with the inquistion. Not to mention hi s quest to cure the emperior.

Khan would just be neat, as hes rather underused. If he obtained knowledge from the black library or such, it could also help in the fight against the great enemy. Also, would just be nice to have any reason to care about the white scars.

Keasar

Khan would just be neat, as hes rather underused. If he obtained knowledge from the black library or such, it could also help in the fight against the great enemy. Also, would just be nice to have any reason to care about the white scars.

Speaking of the White Scars, TTSD had recently a pretty hilarious "If the Emperor had a Podcast" episode where they discussed the White Scars and their history due to the negligence of the Imperium to actually learn about them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czAlG9oEaGw

Must admit, I didn't know much about the White Scars either so this was quite [REDACTED] interesting to listen to.

manfestival

I love the universe of warhammer 40k but I am gonna sell my army for a lowly 200 dollars. probably dropped over 500 on this. Feels Bad Man

Tacitus_

The Khan is great.
‘There is only one unforgivable lie. That is the lie that says, This is the end, you are the conqueror, you have achieved it and now all that remains is to build walls higher and shelter behind them. Now, the lie says, the world is safe.’
The Khan shook his head. ‘All emperors are liars, Targutai. Safe.’ He spat on the balustrade. ‘No fouler word exists.’
Sanguinius smiled. ‘My brother, I think you are the most inscrutable of us all. I know what Rogal wants, and I know what Roboute wants, but even after so long I have no idea what you want.’
‘He wants to be left alone,’ said Fulgrim. ‘To shoot off into the stars and hunt down xenos on those delightful jetbikes. They’re devilishly fast. I heard from a contact on Mars, Jaghatai, that you do strange things to your ships.’
The Khan shot him a heavy-lidded stare. ‘I heard you do strange things to your warriors.’
Fulgrim’s slender face briefly flared with anger, but Sanguinius laughed.
‘I wonder which one of you would win in a duel,’ the Angel mused. ‘I would like to see that. You both handle a blade like gods.’
‘Name the place, brother,’ Fulgrim said to the Khan. ‘I’d even travel to Chogoris, if you built a palace to keep the dust from my armour.’
The Khan felt the insult. It stabbed at him, deeply, but his expression never changed. They could never know, none of them, how much their closed fraternity rankled him.
‘You would lose,’ said the Khan.
Fulgrim grinned, but there was something fragile in it. ‘Oh?’
‘You would lose because you would treat it like a game, like you treat everything, and I would not. You would lose because you know nothing of me, and I know everything of you because you shout it from the turrets of your battle cruisers. My prowess remains unknown. You have some reputation as a swordsman, brother, but I make no boast when I tell you I would leave you choking on it.’
Fulgrim’s cheeks flushed. For a moment, he looked like he would go for his blade. As ever, Sanguinius’s calm smile soothed the moment.
‘But it has gone wrong, hasn’t it?’ the Khan went on. ‘You have completed your great mission, but there are more sorcerers than ever. Horus has sponsored them, Lorgar has shown them new tricks. If Magnus has not already made up his mind then he soon will, and then you will be surrounded. You’ve destroyed the Librarius only to find the witches are now untrammelled. They played you well. You have done their work for them, and soon you will be dragged into it yourself, as warp-sick as they are.’
‘You think that–’
‘I see it perfectly. Magnus showed me. Your Legion may be free of it for now, but the change will come. You made your pacts, and now they will come to collect. You fool.’
Mortarion stiffened. His eyes blazed with anger for a second, quickly quelled. ‘You do not–’
‘And that is why you came to find me,’ said the Khan. ‘You’ve run out of friends. Who will stand with you against the aether-weavers now? Angron? What an ally. Curze? Good luck.’ The Khan gazed at Mortarion disdainfully. ‘You’ve tasted the fruits of treachery and found them bitter. Don’t drag me into your ruin. You’re on your own, brother.’

I decided to build and convert My Dark Imperium primaris marines into true scale tacticals. I just need those melta guns and sergeants with power fists. And chainswords.

If GW wont give me the rules to have those options with primaris I'm just sticking with oldmarines then.

Leunam

They look great but they are really expensive. Way more than usual.

On the other hand, it looks like there is in fact a new set of plastic Marines, they're tucked away in the back but they don't match what came in the recent starter.

Keasar

32 euros for a pack of 3 figures!?

Is GW seriously still scratching their head on why Warhammer miniatures isn't more popular?

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
32 euros for a pack of 3 figures!?

Is GW seriously still scratching their head on why Warhammer miniatures isn't more popular?

That is just for the online exclusive 3 pack. Completely baffling that they have done this.

There will be a better value 10 man unit box. Just wait.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I bet it will be a week or two at most, but yes.

It is a little different to the SM approach. There, selling the 3 pack easy to build had a logical function - they were a cheap option for a low entry point. This one is just bizarre.

barik

I didn't want to be the first to say it but yeah, it's a strange move on their part. Way too expensive, not to mention that there will now be 4 separate variations of a new Plague Marine kit in the end, which seems like overkill.

But the only thing I'm really worried about right now is how flexible the actual multi-part Plague Marine kit will end up being, because looking at them in the background they seem to have pretty specific poses, like the big axe guy. Also (and this is not a complaint in the slightest) there seem to be two different Terminator variations? The guys with regular terminator weapons on the bottom right, and then the scythe guys on the left?

Leunam

Current theory is Terminators and Deathshroud Terminators, the ones with scythes.

And I agree the kits don't look very posable. Hope you can swap the heads and legs at least.

AlStrong

Side question:

Are the Orks going to end up winning the war against Tyranids for everyone? :p I have never really followed their books/stories.

Leunam

There's a warband of Orks 'cursed' to die and fight for eternity on a daemon planet in the Eye. You can bet that Ork warboss is stoked about it.

cntr

Banned
There's a warband of Orks 'cursed' to die and fight for eternity on a daemon planet in the Eye. You can bet that Ork warboss is stoked about it.
It's even better than that.

The orks fought their way through Khorne's domain until they died, and he was so pleased by it that he "cursed" them to fight inside his throne room for eternity.

Top Bottom