• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000 |OT| In the Grim Darkness of the Community Forum There Is Only War

Btw, Baal is
saved. By Daemons. And Guilliman.
https://i.imgur.com/lE6wMvl.jpg

That seems like a really, really disappointing outcome. The
Daemon part is interesting
but the other part is just
"Guilliman arrives out of nowhere at the exact right moment somehow and suddenly it's all fine!"

Hmmm.

I imagine Khorne intercepted the driving force behind Tyranids, as for why?
Maybe Sanguinius is a bloodthirster now a days

Nazo

Btw, Baal is
saved. By Daemons. And Guilliman.
https://i.imgur.com/lE6wMvl.jpg

Not surprised that's how it went down. Though the mention of
Ka'Banda
is super interesting. I wonder if were going to see him get a model and rules
(for both 40k and 30k)

That reminds me. I was thinking about this the other day but do you guys think Forge World will make rules for some of the Daemon Primarchs for 30k? I know a few of them ascended to daemon hood during the later part of the Heresy. Like Angron and Magnus.

I do love the fact that a successor that was declared excommincae tratious returned home to aid there brothers.

and also messed up, the Baal system got hit just as hard as the fenris system. All our planets besides fenris were destroyed of life or destroyed.

Matt ward is def back writing the lore. =(

-----------------------

other thing to consider, some deamons and deamon primarchs might assist in destroyed a hive fleet that is about to consume a legion birth world.
Why?
because they want to be the ones to do it. not some nid.

Considering leaks about Baal:
I suppose they had to kill off enough oldmarines to make room for the PRIMARIS BLOOD ANGELS...

I...I just don't know what to think.

Sanguinius comes back in demon form, pissed off that most of his geneseed got replaced by guille marines

queue a faction of blood angels breaking, the Sanguine Seraphs, who side with Demon Sanguinius

Sanguinius comes back in demon form, pissed off that most of his geneseed got replaced by guille marines

queue a faction of blood angels breaking, the Sanguine Seraphs, who side with Demon Sanguinius

Wasn't it said that Primaris marines are still based on their respective Primarch's gene seed?

Tacitus_

My guess is 'they were there'. Cares not from where the blood and all that.

What's interesting is that this contradicts a previous fluff piece that says Khorne gets no kicks from tyranid ichor being spilled. Not that it matters that much, the imperial historians who somehow learned that must've been wrong.

cntr

Banned
What's interesting is that this contradicts a previous fluff piece that says Khorne gets no kicks from tyranid ichor being spilled. Not that it matters that much, the imperial historians who somehow learned that must've been wrong.
Makes sense to retcon that, since Chaos is everywhere now and you need an excuse to have Khorne/Tyranid battles.

Thought so. Incidentally, time to spend some time going through my bits box, digging out wolfy bits which will be usable on the snapfit Primaris minis. I'm hoping the heads can be replaced fairly easily (first thing they'll do when arriving on Fenris? Misplace their helmets), but I want to keep from plastering them in wolfy wolfishness, just a trinket or marking here and there to show they haven't had the time to build up a massive collection of trophies.

So, in theory, Blood Angels' Primaris would still have the blood thirst if they're based in Sanguinius genes, hasn't it?

Yeah, same for Wolves and the canis helix, they inherited all the various flaws of their chapters is how I think they worded it.

Huh, I knew he didn't care about Necrons, didn't realive it also applied to Nids.

Tacitus_

Huh, I knew he didn't care about Necrons, didn't realive it also applied to Nids.

No blood was being spilled for Khorne, just putrid alien ichor. All of Nurgles diseases were ineffective in the face of Tyranid adaptation. The deadlock went on for days, and the Lord of Change K'rix'xi'kra blasted its way back to the Malestrom Cradle to abandon the effort.

Nids being fluffed as the winners was probably the reason there.

Thought so. Incidentally, time to spend some time going through my bits box, digging out wolfy bits which will be usable on the snapfit Primaris minis. I'm hoping the heads can be replaced fairly easily (first thing they'll do when arriving on Fenris? Misplace their helmets), but I want to keep from plastering them in wolfy wolfishness, just a trinket or marking here and there to show they haven't had the time to build up a massive collection of trophies.

Heads and pauldrons are interchangeable according to GW.

Death Guard datasheets:
DG_LordOfContagion_Datasheet.jpg

DG_PlagueMarines_Datasheet.jpg

DG_Poxwalkers_Datasheet.jpg

DG_BlightDrone_Datasheet.jpg

Tacitus_

Interesting, DG plasma guns are the same as nu-marines. I wonder if that means all (ex)Imperial plasma guns don't have Gets Hot! by default.

A few pics from Warhammer Fest!
Close-up of Mortarion vs. Guilliman:
DA0nf2wW0AAw7nS.jpg:large

Primaris Space Marines in different Chapter colours:
DA1UayHXYAAuiRq.jpg
DA1VIJOXcAA4wX5.jpg

DA1VfqMXUAAla6w.jpg
DA1ThJTXgAA3re8.jpg

Imperial Armour 8th Edition Indexes and Thunderhawk Gunship:
Imperial-Armours.jpg
Thunderhawk.jpg

18670858_459155057762940_4206154022271463137_n__1_.jpg
18664698_459155071096272_4285358880594120702_n.jpg

Gabriel Angelos and Amon:
Gabriel-Angelos.jpg
Magistus-Amon.jpg

Tau Tigershark AX-1-0:
TauTigerShark.jpg
Tau-Tigershark-AX-1-0.jpg

Sisters of Silence Kharon Pattern Acquisitor and Prosecutor Cadre:
Sisters-of-Silence-Kharon.jpg
Sisters-of-Silence-Kharon2.jpg

Sisters-of-Silence-Kharon3.jpg
Sisters-of-Silence.jpg

Legio Custodes Orion Gunship and Terminators:
Legio-Custodes-Orion-Gunship.jpg
Aquilon-Terminator.jpg

Aquilon-Terminators2.jpg
Aquilon-Terminators.jpg

Little bit of Adeptus Titanicus info:
57dd42d6ffea60c56e4d40cef6f563776f1041fea0ba5b0ec553b1e6c652f318.jpg

Horus Heresy Book Eight: Angelus contains:
- The Blood Angels Legion
- The Dark Angels Legion
- Daemons
- The Dark Mechanicum
- The Night Lords Legion

- Several narratives detailing the campaigns and battles of the Blood Angels and the Dark Angels through the early Horus Heresy and the Age of Darkness.
Signus Prime
The Thramas Crusade
The Persecution of Sarum
The Siege of Baal
The Passage of the Angel of Death

- Background and history for the Dark Angels and Blood Angels
- The Rise of the Dark Mechanicum
- Daemons and Diabolism in the Horus Heresy!

- New rules for the:
Blood Angels and Dark Angels
Night Lords
Dark Mechanicum
Daemon units
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/27/warhammer-fest-live-blog/

Genestealer Cults in 8th edition:
Genestealer Cults were largely defined in their play style through their very cool and characterful Cult Ambush special rule. That is still true in the new Warhammer 40,000 as well. Cult Ambush allows you to place Genestealer Cults units into reserves and then enter the game through a variety of means determined by a D6 chart. These range in effect from coming on to a table edge to being able to appear anywhere on the table more than 9” away from any enemy units but being able to move as well, allowing you to get extremely close to enemy units to shoot and then charge them as well. For units like Genestealers or Aberrants armed with power picks and rending claws, this can be punishing!

40kFFCultsProfile.jpg

Speaking of Genestealers, if you thought they were deadly in the Tyranid army, they are even more flexible with Genestealer Cults due to the Cult Ambush rule as stated above. Combined with the Patriarch, they hit just as hard as the Broodlord and Genestealers do with Tyranids, but with Genestealer Cults, the Patriarch also allows nearby units to ignore morale, and he benefits from the Unquestioning Loyalty special rule which all Genestealer Cults Characters posses. This allows them to avoid taking a wound on a 4+ as a minion sacrifices its life and jumps in front of the attack. This makes these Characters extremely durable and even helps them survive things like Sniper fire.

Another nasty trick the Genestealer Cults have is their Mass Hypnosis psychic power, which prevents an enemy unit from firing Overwatch, makes them strike last in combat (even if they charged) AND gives them -1 to hit. Ouch! That leaves an enemy unit in a very compromised position as the minions of the Four-armed Emperor emerge from ambush and then run them through in melee.

One of my favourite aspects of the Genestealer Cults, though, is their ability to form their army using both their own faction, Tyranids and Astra Militarum, too. Huzzah! Due to the way that allies worked in the previous edition, making an army that mixed Genestealer Cult units and Astra Militarum wasn’t always straightforward. These are, of course, not “real” Astra Militarum, but devoted followers of the Cult who have turned from the Emperor’s light and betrayed their fellow man. The way it works in the new Warhammer 40,000 is really fun. You can take one Astra Militarum Detachment for each Genestealer Cults Detachment in your Battle-forged army. They each need to be entirely comprised of units with their respective keyword, but this allows incredible amounts of diversity in your army that is also quite characterful.

But you won’t always need to sneak into the Imperial motor pool to hijack their vehicles; the Genestealer Cults have access to some fantastic mechanised war machines of their own. The Goliath Rockgrinder is one of my favourites.

For armament, I prefer the Clearance Incinerator, as it automatically hits its target D6 times up to 12” out and, of course, you have to take the Cache of Demolition Charges! While you can only fire this weapon if a unit is embarked upon it (as they need to chuck them out!) and it is short ranged at 6”, boy does it pack a punch! D6 shots, Strength 8, AP -3 and D3 damage per hit. That’s no joke. If anything survives that, you can ram them with the Drilldozer in melee for a possible 6+D3 Strength 8 attacks with an AP of -2 and D3 damage per hit.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/27/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-genestealer-cults/

It's cool that I could actually imagine that dread moving around unlike the current models but for some reason I don't like it. Could just be the angle though.

That Mortarion pic pretty much all but confirms the WIP pics of the model we saw are legit. Hell of a coincidence if they aren't.

edit: oh there's a video too. Welp, there he is!

With all the different types of Dreadnought out there now, it might be fun to try an all Dreadnought army in 8th...

Must resist, I've got Necrons to build and paint for 8th!

I'm honestly wondering if GW will ever make more baby marines, or if that line is now fading towards legacy status.

Like I said previously, I believe GW have found the path of least resistance to replacing the SM line with truescale miniatures, from a practical and fluff perspective. They'll just spend the next several years working through it.

Nazo

I'm super excited for that Gabriel Angelos model! I've wanted to paint up some Blood Ravens for a while now and this is a great excuse to start!

New dreadnought is awesome. Looks enormous. Now I'm really REALLY regretting buying my start collecting Space Marines box now.

Slightly disappointed by that Mortarion Teaser. I was really hoping for them to show more, but if that art is anything to go by then I'm excited.

I'm definitely getting those Custodes terminators. They are too damn cool.

With all the different types of Dreadnought out there now, it might be fun to try an all Dreadnought army in 8th...

Must resist, I've got Necrons to build and paint for 8th!

I had a friendly battle last year using a Stompa, two Deff Dreads, six Killa Kans, a Gorkanaut and a Morkanaut against my opponent's two Imperial Knights, Bjorn the Fellhanded, Murderfang, a Space Wolves Venerable Dreadnought, a Death Company Dreadnought and a few regular dreadnoughts. It was an absolute blast. Regardless of how walkers turn out this edition I'll be adding more to both my main armies for sure.

Leunam

I'm about two thirds of the way through Fulgrim. All I could think about was how incredible the Horus Heresy saga would be if it were produced by HBO. I bet it would be several times more expensive than Game of Thrones.

I need to see two Primarchs share their moments as brothers and then have to fight each other on the battlefield. Horus vs Sanguinus and Fulgrim vs Ferrus could make me cry.

I'm about two thirds of the way through Fulgrim. All I could think about was how incredible the Horus Heresy saga would be if it were produced by HBO. I bet it would be several times more expensive than Game of Thrones.

I need to see two Primarchs share their moments as brothers and then have to fight each other on the battlefield. Horus vs Sanguinus and Fulgrim vs Ferrus could make me cry.

Oh boy. You are in for a treat when you get to the battle.

Scirrocco

They can't have sex though, so HBO wouldn't touch it sadly.

Edit: or do primarchs have all their bits, and it's just regular Astarte?

Top Bottom