• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide |OT| It's not Ogre yet.

It works fine. I played a bunch of games with it to try it out but for me, I find k&m gives me a faster response time.

I hear ya. I'm pretty casual with my PC games. I haven't used k&m in years.

Is there split screen co-op on the PC version or is that planned for PS4? My wife and I used to play L4D together and she's interested in playing this with me.

KJ869

Even though the loot system as first feels littlebit harsh, the more I play it the more I like it. Its all about doing the objectives to get the best dice, and The forge/upgrade system is what makes it work. For new players its just hard to see it.

FaceTurn

The loot game at the end of a mission is killing me, friends. One time collected all three tomes and still got all dice facing down.

Klyka

Banned
I heard they changed and added stuff about getting loot? This true? Is it less of a crapshoot now?

And any new content on the horizon?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
About the console graphics:

Q:What kind of graphical settings are you targeting for the console release? Is PC ‘High’ a good guess?
A:We are still doing a lot of testing and optimizations, so I don’t dare to target any specs yet. I think PC ”High” would be a good guess with some tweaks though.

More here

Have they released PS4 footage yet?

will buy this game for sure. Also have they said if it will be getting a physical release?

I was watching a playthrough of this and I liked it but I was wondering if there is a lot of replayability?

Azull

Can't recommend this game enough. If you like L4D with a loot system, this game is perfect for you. Got a couple of my friends to pick it up and we haven't been able to put it down since!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Me and 3 friends found ourselves with copies of this over the course of the winter sale. We've been really enjoying it. We're still pretty early in (beaten about 6 or 7 levels on normal).

Only complaint I have is that loot drops seem kind of infrequent but I think the fact that we're all bad and fail missions a lot isn't helping. Despite having the wizard trinket equipped I've gotten SO much loot for the elf. I've gotten 2 blue rarity weapons so far and both of them have been for the elf. It's great that they give you an item to help influence your drops but I guess RNG gonna RNG. My friend that has been playing the elf has gotten all kinds of cool looking wizard drops, like a flaming sword and stuff. I think the game is trying to tell us we picked the wrong characters.

Helznicht

Definitely on my nest to get coop list. Me and my son just got Dying Light. Once we beat that we will be looking for the next one and this looks great.

Yup, getting some severe framerates drops even with a 4930K at 4.4GHz.

OOF, maybe not (we got I5's @ 3.5 ghz.)

Blitzhex

Game isn't cpu limited at all for me at 60 fps lock and Extreme preset. CPU averages around 40% usage and and gpu around 70%. When shit hits the fan the GPU is at 99% and CPU is around 60% dropping frames down to 56fps.
Running a 4690k @ 4.5ghz and 980ti at 1430mhz.

KKRT00

Game isn't cpu limited at all for me at 60 fps lock and Extreme preset. CPU averages around 40% usage and and gpu around 70%. When shit hits the fan the GPU is at 99% and CPU is around 60% dropping frames down to 56fps.
Running a 4690k @ 4.5ghz and 980ti at 1430mhz.

I dont believe You that You dont have drops to 30-40fps with hordes.

Blitzhex

I dont believe You that You dont have drops to 30-40fps with hordes.

Tell me an intensive map and I'll try it out.
I watched my fps in the well defending map and one of the silver shield maps where you put sacks in the carriage and didn't notice more than 5 fps drops all because of gpu. The well defending map had a lot of enemies too.
Also, I have no idea how to record fps and cpu usage etc to a log. Can I do that with msi afterburner or do I have to use hwinfo64?

Finaika

I watched my fps in the well defending map and one of the silver shield maps where you put sacks in the carriage and didn't notice more than 5 fps drops all because of gpu. The well defending map had a lot of enemies too.
Also, I have no idea how to record fps and cpu usage etc to a log. Can I do that with msi afterburner or do I have to use hwinfo64?

Do you play at 1080p?

Senhua

Bought and played it for 2 days mainly in SG server.
My first impression is : good game with responsive combat and movement although too little content IMO.

KKRT00

The easiest way to log fps is with FRAPS. Doesnt matter what map too.
Even Total Biscuit has performance problem in this game on Titan X SLI and i7-5930K@4.3ghz.
I tried basically everything i could to eliminate framerate drops on my i5 2500k@4ghz and GTX 970, but no luck.

Blitzhex

Do you play at 1080p?

Forgot to mention, 3440x1440.

The easiest way to log fps is with FRAPS. Doesnt matter what map too.
Even Total Biscuit has performance problem in this game on Titan X SLI and i7-5930K@4.3ghz.
I tried basically everything i could to eliminate framerate drops on my i5 2500k@4ghz and GTX 970, but no luck.

Figured out how to use hwinfo64 logging. Did a 4 man run of Garden of Mor, which was the most intensive map I've found by far because of a bug/optimization.
The map has some optimization issue where if I looked in a certain direction (near castle) fps would tank and cpu usage would go up a bit.
Certainly got bigger drops and higher cpu usage in this map compared to quicker silver shield maps, but most of the drops (40 fps ones) were because of that issue.

Two types of graphs of the same run.
barsfrj0z.png

linegraph21jgy.png

All of the larger drops and spikes, including the one between minute 1 to 3, were because of the optimization issue, where as all of the smaller fps drops were because of big packs of enemies.

The fps drops when fighting big packs weren't an issue at all, but having big fps drops every time I looked in the distance to the castle was highly annoying.

KKRT00

Interesting, still a lot of drops, but You have smaller drops than my rig. I wonder if thats due to memory speed, which is quite low on my PC right now due to three memory sticks.

Can You repeat this for Horn of Magnus run sometimes in future?

Blitzhex

Interesting, still a lot of drops, but You have smaller drops than my rig. I wonder if thats due to memory speed, which is quite low on my PC right now due to three memory sticks.

Can You repeat this for Horn of Magnus run sometimes in future?

This is Horn of Magnus on Hard. The last few minutes is at the horn with the huge hordes. I don't get why my cpu doesn't go past 70% usage. I can definitely see the game being cpu limited here though, you're right.
Also, bright wizard spells cause fps drops, games are smoother without them :D

The Horn of Magnus Hard
mag1fdy0k.png

mag2dobjo.png

Extreme preset @3440x1440. 980ti@1446/7404, 4690k@4.5, 16gb ram@2400mhz.
Started recording when loaded in and stopped in the caravan.

KKRT00

This is Horn of Magnus on Hard. The last few minutes is at the horn with the huge hordes. I don't get why my cpu doesn't go past 70% usage. I can definitely see the game being cpu limited here though, you're right.
Also, bright wizard spells cause fps drops, games are smoother without them :D

When games are CPU limited, they are not always using CPU at full. They can use one core at full capacity or just have some bad utilization in generation when their job latency are greater then they should have been, like here in Grim Dawn shot:
http://i.picpar.com/lEDb.png
A lot of CPU and GPU to spare, but framerate is shitty.

In Vermintide my CPU is at 100% utilization though. I have to check how it behaves after patches, because i have not it tried recently.

This game is criminally overlooked. Holy shit. So few posts in the OT makes me sad.

I dunno, i enjoyed it at first, but something about the game just didnt grab me. I think i have about 10 hours logged on steam before i moved onto other games. Im not sure why, cant really put my finger on it, id hazard a guess at some missions just not being enjoyable overall (alot of short, bland missions like the sewer mission), a lack of good setpieces (there were some good ones, like the finale of horn of magus, but overall there wasnt alot of memorable moments like that), only one "Boss" type of enemy, and the quality of players met (either woefully inept AFKers, or just dickheads) kinda turned me off it. The loot game didnt really interest me either. Dont think i ever got anything that wasnt green.

Been playing this a ton on my Alpha using my DS4 with some friends and I'm loving it. Can be a little tough but that's a good thing, encourages teamwork.

KKRT00

This game is criminally overlooked. Holy shit. So few posts in the OT makes me sad.

Yes, yes it is. The only reason i dont play it currently, is because my coop friend dont have proper internet right now.

Game needs some more loot rework and ability to trade with people though, still i already clocked in it 23h.

Fuz

Banned
Seeing this on Totalbiscuit's list of 2015's best games made me interested in it.
But I have a little question and the site isn't that clear on this and I need to know it before (eventually) buying it: is it steam only?

Acrylic7

October 2015???
Had no idea this was out already. Did this get any marketing whatsoever? Its so weird for me to completely miss releases, especially by 3 months.

KKRT00

Seeing this on Totalbiscuit's list of 2015's best games made me interested in it.
But I have a little question and the site isn't that clear on this and I need to know it before (eventually) buying it: is it steam only?

Yes, it is steam only.

---
The buzz around this game seems quiet. Is it just a l4d clone? Active online community?

It has active online community. For gameplay i would recommend to watch some lets play. Its kinda l4d clone, but mostly melee focused, harder and with loot.

StMeph

The buzz around this game seems quiet. Is it just a l4d clone? Active online community?

It has active online community. For gameplay i would recommend to watch some lets play. Its kinda l4d clone, but mostly melee focused, harder and with loot.

I recently got the game as well, and have put about 30 hours into it.

The game's a combination between Left 4 Dead in game mechanics and Payday 2 in rewards. In gameplay, the only major difference with L4D is that the combat is melee-centric, but otherwise it's similar in that there are waves of zombies rats, with special zombies rats that have almost perfect 1:1 analogues in L4D, including the tank. The other major departure is that there is loot/gear, which shares a similar structure (and issues) as Payday 2 in that the rewards are all-or-nothing.

Still, the game's pretty challenging, and with a static group of 4 we're still working our way through Hard.

Vitor711

Tempted to get back into it but I hated the loot system and found fighting the armoured rats to be a chore. Maybe one day.

g23

European pre-madonna
Just bought the game! So much fun.

Graphics are insane too! How's the GAF community btw?

Senhua

I recently got the game as well, and have put about 30 hours into it.

The game's a combination between Left 4 Dead in game mechanics and Payday 2 in rewards. In gameplay, the only major difference with L4D is that the combat is melee-centric, but otherwise it's similar in that there are waves of zombies rats, with special zombies rats that have almost perfect 1:1 analogues in L4D, including the tank. The other major departure is that there is loot/gear, which shares a similar structure (and issues) as Payday 2 in that the rewards are all-or-nothing.

Still, the game's pretty challenging, and with a static group of 4 we're still working our way through Hard.

They have a little difference in regards to difficulty level:
- Payday 2 : Higher the difficulty, the increase in damage and health enemy have, balanced with new enemy model like
Dozer or new SWAT

- Vermintide : the increase in damage and health does not have a new model/enemy at all only added friendly fire feature. So they only changed in attibutes not making a new model : very lazy IMO.

How's the GAF community btw?
Literally nonexist AFAIK.

Top Bottom