• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online Open Beta IS GO. Unless you're European. GOA says LOLOL

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
TheHeretic said:
Yeah Skull Throne was a moronic choice. That server just reads 13 year old cretins running around.

Which is why it was the server of choice for GAF.

*BADUM TISH*

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
TheHeretic said:
Yeah Skull Throne was a moronic choice. That server just screams 13 year old cretins running around.
I agree, the server will be full half the fucking time. Maybe in the future it will be 2 minute queues, but even then it can get annoying.

I am not playing the charcater I chose for Skullthrone until I am 100% sure GAF settles on that for Destruction.

I got to play the open beta for 4 hours last night before they shut it down, but from what I played I really enjoyed it. I pre-ordered so I get the 2 day head start. Can't wait.

Edit: Was warrior healer. Think they will get used in end game?

Don't forget to "/channeljoin neogaf" to connect with other Gaming-Age peeps.

Going to try and keep track of Averheim's GAF roster. No guild yet, so this is our only reference for now...

In-game names bolded

AVERHEIM (Order) GAF'ers said:
Outdoor Miner - Mordas - Ironbreaker
verio - Vordul - Witch Hunter
Hammer - Bupu - Ironbreaker
Zanboo - Arravik - Archmage
godhandiscen - Dajo - Witch Hunter
krypt0nian - Taelus - Shadow Warrior
AeroGod - Seamus - Ironbreaker
Fragamemnon - Hoirip - Ironbreaker
nataku - Veplerion - Warrior Priest, Vaelyris - Witch Hunter
LaneDS - Connery - Witch Hunter

chapel

Banned
Ive found my system has issues with a lot of players on screen. In heavy pvp areas.

CPU: Intel E2180 2ghz @ 3ghz
Ram: 2GB
GPU: ATI x1800xl 256mb

Even when I turn everything down to the lowest settings, it still has weird hitches. It seems like it only started happening since the last patch though.

I dont have the money to upgrade my gpu atm, but is there something I might be able to do that I haven't tried yet?

so what we just go through the beta launcher as usual? it's giving authentication failure but I guess taht means I have the SE. I wasnt sure if I got the CE or not...the guy at gamestop was pretty vague.

Haeleos

I rolled a Rune Priest on that PVP/RP server. I have this really sweet Skaven Skin Cloak (you'll know me when you see me). Turns me into a Skaven for 5 minutes.

bluemax said:
Is the beta over? I can't log in.

Yes, the Open Beta is over for everyone.

Today was the beginning of the head start bonus for those who pre-ordered the Collector's Edition. Tuesday will be the beginning of the head start for those who pre-ordered the Standard Edition.

Gbeav

Banned
Need some advice. Been primarly a console guy the last 3 years but a friend is trying to convince me to give this a try since I was such a DAOC guy.

How will my old box work

XP
Athlon 2800 Mhz
1.50 GB PC3200 Ram
Radeon X800 XT platinum
Sounblaster Audigy

Thank all that reply.

Gbeav said:
Need some advice. Been primarly a console guy the last 3 years but a friend is trying to convince me to give this a try since I was such a DAOC guy.

How will my old box work

XP
Athlon 2800 Mhz
1.50 GB PC3200 Ram
Radeon X800 XT platinum
Sounblaster Audigy

Thank all that reply.

i think it will run, but you will likely cry randomly, it devours memory

Lord Phol

Got a question, not sure anyone here can answer it though but, I pre-ordered the Standard Edition. Recieved all my codes, and was eager to try out the beta. Unfortunetly I didn't get to spend as much time in it as I had hoped, and just before the last day of beta I canceled my pre-order. I hadn't been very impressed with the game and I kind of felt that I was bit short on money at the moment to afford another mmo.
With that done I still had (and still have) my codes and 1 beta day left, so I thought I might as well give it another try. And to my great shock the game was actually quite playable now, everything was alot more smooth and the lag was far from as bad as before, it was like playing a completely different game.
This time I went with a White Lion and it was a miles different experience compared to the dull Shadow Warrior and Engineer I had tried out earlier (guess range fighters doesen't suit me in this particular mmo). Really felt satisfying sweeping a big axe through orc flesh, now that the combat was alot more repsonsive without all the hic-ups and lag.

So the beta ended and here I am, wanting more. The thing is I still got my headstart key, which I plan on takeing advantage of, but here comes the big "?". What if I were suppose to buy the game a bit later, like say at the end of the month, would I still be able to register my retail code and continue with whatever toon I go with at the headstart?
Or is the HS-code somehow connected to a specific retail key?

Lord Phol

It's up people, SE headstart, just got in!
Has Euro-Gaf decided on a server yet? (Order) Thinking of goin Kark-Dorn or Kark-Azgul.
See ya in game anyway!

Greetings Phol,

Your CD-Key has been correctly registered. It also gives you access to the following components which have been activated:

Head Start licence
Head Start Standard Edition period (15/09/2008 to 24/09/2008 included)

Certain components could not be activated because they are incompatible with your account. We would like to advise you that those keys can be used to activate products on another account.

The WAR Team
Free play time until the 24th :D, thanks GOA!
Hopefully I'll be able to afford the game by then :x.

Vashu

Lord Phol said:
It's up people, SE headstart, just got in!
Has Euro-Gaf decided on a server yet? (Order) Thinking of goin Kark-Dorn or Kark-Azgul.
See ya in game anyway!

Free play time until the 24th :D, thanks GOA!
Hopefully I'll be able to afford the game by then :x.

I made the topic yesterday, check it out here.

So far, we have Order on Karag-Azgal and Destruction on Karag-Dorn. And what do you know, you were swaying towards both. :D

I got free play time until the 1st of october, nice ^^

Almyn

I'm trying to register an account and just can't. The annoying little security thing where you type in the letters and numbers in the image above just constantly gives errors :(

Lord Phol

Oh haha, well Karak-Azgal it is then :p.
Will leave a reply in the other thread as soon as my White Lion enters the fray :D (will name him Phol if you wanna add me to the list).

Vashu

Lord Phol said:
Oh haha, well Karak-Azgal it is then :p.
Will leave a reply in the other thread as soon as my White Lion enters the fray :D (will name him Phol if you wanna add me to the list).

Haha, I had you on the list in the Open beta as Phol, but I never saw you online. :D

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
If you preordered the game, do you get 1st month free like other games? I realy haven't had time to play in beta/head start but I have some free time over the next few weeks.

Mr Pockets said:
If you preordered the game, do you get 1st month free like other games? I realy haven't had time to play in beta/head start but I have some free time over the next few weeks.
You don't get it free, you are paying for it when you buy the game...

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Son of Godzilla said:
You don't get it free, you are paying for it when you buy the game...
lol what is it with smart ass replies tonight :lol

Next time I word it correctly for the extra picky people

"When I paid money to pre-order the game, did part of my purchase cover he first month of the subscription to play the game, or did that just allow me access to the headstart program and I will have to start a paid subscription on opening day in order to play the game for the first month"

That i how I should have worded it.

You answered it indirectly, so thank you for that :D

RiverBed

Banned
so is this the official WAR thread or is it the other one?
and the game's been released; where all the posts?

*still waiting for mine in the mail*

anyone able to help me find where I can download full client? I have retail CD Key just dont have a dvd drive. Ive checked warhammer site but didnt see where to dl final client

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Suburban Cowboy said:
anyone able to help me find where I can download full client? I have retail CD Key just dont have a dvd drive. Ive checked warhammer site but didnt see where to dl final client
Yep. Grab it from here:

http://games.on.net/filelist.php?app=458&menu=16

It says Beta version but it basically updates itself onto Retail with a 200mb patch. Once you unzip it, put it in the desired folder you want it in then run Setup and it'll go through.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Damn that sucks. It's on Australian servers and last time I linked them here on GAF the mirrors were pretty fast for everyone, upwards of 1mb/s.

Other than that.. best bet is just to grab it from FilePlanet.

Top Bottom