• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wario64: Luigi's Mansion 2 HD (Switch) is up for preorder at GameStop ($59.99)

nial

Gold Member
More work done on this than TLOU Part 2 remastered.
Shots fired
E6twkAF.jpg

Bridges

It's not a bad game, but I was immensely disappointed in it as a sequel to my (at the time) favorite videogame. I feel like it stripped away everything I liked about the original. No more mansion exploration, no more gallery ghosts, the ghost designs are dramatically less interesting and varied, gameplay is simplified... and the original has this eeriness about it. It's in the Mario universe so it's not Resident Evil, but the tone and the music and the environment are all creepy and spooky. The sequel just tries to be goofy and plays every ghost interaction for laughs.

The original game is simply a better game in every metric (aside from length if you care about that). It is much more deserving of coming to modern hardware.

Kokoloko85

That actually came to Switch with all DLC, a new mission mode, a couple bonus chapters (iirc) and a full two player option for the campaign. So, quite a bit of extra content to justify the increased price.
I bought the game brand new for like £30ish when it first came out.
It shouldnt have been sold to me more
Expensive years later

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
$60 for an $8 game I can get on ebay? And also it’s not even that good? Nah.

Last edited:

Scotty W

Gold Member
Super Mario RPG was 6000¥ on release, and I just saw it for 2900¥ a few days ago. I got the 3D collection for a similar price.

The price will go down.

Can’t wait! Controls were awful on 3DS I couldn’t get more than halfway through.

This game deserves to be on better hardware and with standard dual stick controls.

Quasicat

$60 is a bit high for that, but it may be a purchase with a voucher making it $50. Still a bit high though.

kiphalfton

Yeah, Nintendo’s remaster prices are kind of crazy.

That said I will snag it for sale at $40-45 like I have done for most of the remasters and Ninty’s other games.

Sad state of affairs for physical games.

A good deal for physical games used to be like $20.

Can't even get most non-shovel ware PS5 (let alone switch) games for that cheap anymore.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
They’re doing a mistake pricing it like a new game.
It’s my favorite LM by a margin, mainly thanks to the elements that other people don’t like (me, I always found LM1 one of the most boring Nintendo games ever. Replayed it on 3DS and yep, still terribly boring). But at that price it’s not gonna convince those who never played it before.

Luigi’s Mansion and TTYD are likely just gonna be Twitter dropped with release dates at this point. I have to imagine TTYD is May and Luigi is June/July. They won’t need a general Direct til September

Given that a lot of players are probably coming from LM3, I'd imagine this one is gonna be a disappointment. I'm still buying it, though. Curious what my kid will think about it.

Ozzie666

I am one of those that jumped in with number 3 which was a fantastic game. Also concerned stepping back to 2 will prove difficult. Price isn’t really the issue though.

Top Bottom