• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was I racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got

Banned
Screen_Shot_2017-06-16_at_11.27.58_PM.png

Pein

Banned
I was at traders joe and was buying vegetarian stuff and the cashier recommend try the masala burgers next time. I thought about it when I was leaving and was wondering if they said that because I'm Indian lol.

I don't understand watermelon. Tastes like nasty water. A nice cantaloupe >>>>>> watermelon. But cantaloupes are pretty bad in the US admittedly.

danthefan

I don't understand why this could even be thought of as maybe even slightly racist. Can someone fill me in? Is this thread a by product of accusations of racism being thrown about like confetti these days?

highrider

Banned
not at that moment, but when you created the thread you were

I'm not prepared to call you racist for creating the thread, but I kind of agree. A white person really has no business engaging in a discussion about watermelon and the stereotypes the we like to place on black people. It seems kind of sarcastic and dismissive of very real things.

Monocle

Hey GAF, when I eat Oreos I open up the black cookies so I can eat the white filling first. Am I racist?

LegoArmo

I don't understand watermelon. Tastes like nasty water. A nice cantaloupe >>>>>> watermelon. But cantaloupes are pretty bad in the US admittedly.
I don't like any melons. Think I might be broken.

You weren't racist, OP, and I wouldn't assume the guy even gave it a second thought.

I'm gonna step out on a limb here and say that if you're this dense about questioning your own mentality and thoughts, there is probably something wrong with your level of intelligence.

The Boat

Reminds of how some people in Portugal can't say the word black around black people because they think they might be offended. I actually have a friend who doesn't even use the word black in any context, It's hilarious.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
In an ideal world, black people should be asked about their taste in watermelons in the same proportion as non-blacks. And is a shame that the fruit has become a symbol of racist, as it is damn tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom