• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was Yugi Muto the nicest goth kid ever in media?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
He wasn't that nice when he was sending your ass to the Shadow Realm. He basically cursed you to Hell.

ugly

Cz2jBLoUcAAQZBJ.jpg

Nintendo should have shown this guy at E3 for the Prime 4 reveal. Look at that shit in his hair

Lagamorph

Yami was on that no half measures type shit. He was basically Japanese school-child Spectre.
He's basically Jigsaw from the Saw franchise.
He didn't kill you directly, but he would put you in a situation where you kill yourself/drive yourself insane

Real talk:

I read all of Air Gear when I was like 15 and I'm pretty sure I didn't understand anything that was going on. I was still learning English around that time, had just moved to Canada so maybe that's why. I don't know. But occasionally that series pops in my head and I'm vaguely curious about its plot but don't want to read through it again. All I remember is that they had rollerblades and like for some reason the rollerblades decided the fate of the world or something?

So my honest question, as someone who has read the entire thing...

What the fuck was the plot of that series?

My memory of Air Gear is about as bad as ProdZD summarizing Kingdom Hearts, (spoilered it because maybe some would want to read it
but at first it started with bunch of gangs made of kids on Jet Set Radio skates controlling territory and doing stuff like matches and races against each other. Then you find out some of them are Gravity Children, basically superhuman science experiment kids weaponized to be damn good on those roller skates. Some of them are bad, some of them are good like Sleeping Forest, and they fight because the bad ones want to throw the world into chaos for the things the government did to them. Then comes in Barack Obama getting mind swapped into one of the love interests of the secondary characters and shenanigans happen, then in the end Ikki and his girl duel his girl's brainwashed sister (who is preggers btw) and her asshole boyfriend while racing down some giant space tower.

And if you know anything about Oh Great! the main character is usually some asshole who just gets damn good at the main thing in the manga and there are lots of tits and ass. I excluded a lot of stuff, but tbh, it was stupid fun, as in you know it is completely stupid but you like staring at pictures anyways because the guy does some pretty sweet panels at times.

Fj0823

What is it with Yugioh and having the worst possible main character designs.

My good sir you are mistaken.

There is no character like that one in the YuGiOh franchise.

Also,I always found weird how a new game mechanic like Xyz just appeared without a series to hype it back in 2012

.JayZii

Banned
That time when he dueled that mime with all the facial piercings in broad daylight must have been physically painful for both of them.

My memory of Air Gear is about as bad as ProdZD summarizing Kingdom Hearts, (spoilered it because maybe some would want to read it
but at first it started with bunch of gangs made of kids on Jet Set Radio skates controlling territory and doing stuff like matches and races against each other. Then you find out some of them are Gravity Children, basically superhuman science experiment kids weaponized to be damn good on those roller skates. Some of them are bad, some of them are good like Sleeping Forest, and they fight because the bad ones want to throw the world into chaos for the things the government did to them. Then comes in Barack Obama getting mind swapped into one of the love interests of the secondary characters and shenanigans happen, then in the end Ikki and his girl duel his girl's brainwashed sister (who is preggers btw) and her asshole boyfriend while racing down some giant space tower.

Wow, you remembered something. All I got was "fanservice and skates".

Also, are you telling me
Barack Obama actually got boobs and is pregnant
? Like Linebarrel level of reals?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The Shadow Realm was made up by 4kids, it didn't exist.

Yugi didn't send people to the Shadow Realm, he killed them.

Wait really? My life is a lie.

Shadow Realm > killing btw.

rackham

Banned
The Shadow Realm was made up by 4kids, it didn't exist.

Yugi didn't send people to the Shadow Realm, he killed them.
Pretty sure they were in the shadow realm at certain points. What's the difference between having your soul sent to a shadow dimension or dying?

cntr

Banned
Pretty sure they were in the shadow realm at certain points. What's the difference between having your soul sent to a shadow dimension or dying?
Those were just alternate dimensions or whatever in the original, but 4Kids changed those to be the Shadow Realm instead.

And the difference is, uh, I guess being imprisoned in perpetual shadow darkness for eternity is better than dying by 4kids standards? Idk.

Fj0823

Those were just alternate dimensions or whatever in the original, but 4Kids changed those to be the Shadow Realm instead.

And the difference is, uh, I guess being imprisoned in perpetual shadow darkness for eternity is better than dying by 4kids standards? Idk.

Nope.

latest

4kids: "The Dark Energy Disks will send your soul to the shadow realms"

Original: "This Saw blade will fucking cut you"

Fj0823

Why's he rocking a bootleg card as if we didn't notice?

The anime has used that back for a while

Yu-Gi-Oh-The-Dark-Side-of-Dimensions-Yuugi-yu-gi-oh-39955888-475-500.png

The only anime to ever use the real back for a while was that piece of shit Zexal.

latest

But they had some sort of issue with it and changed it to a different but still stylized design.

OG through 5Ds just had a Black circle on a Brown Background

yamiyugi-l.png

Village

Yugi was also a secret genious, and had a stand that cheated for him. And took all the fame.

Yugi is a true hero we should aspire too

Fj0823

This always kinda pissed me off.

Never watch the series lol. Yugi isn't that much of a cheater compared to other mains

New guy pulls cards out of tornadoes in the middle of the game.

And another dude imagined his next card and materialized it at the top of his deck while in Super Saiyan

Top Bottom