• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 60fps on PS4? [Update: 1080/60fps text removed from website]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piggus

"... in a way that only PS4 can provide, at 60 fps in 1080p" lulz

On the other hand, a bit sad that resolution and framerate are used to sell games these days... I dunno, we'll see. I wonder why Ubi would not keep up with their previous "30fps gold standard for open world games" heh :p

Because higher resolution and framerate makes the game better. Not sure why that's so hard to understand.

Thrakier

But that's not quite the same thing. If the resolution were to be 1080 a good deal of the time, and then dynamically shift to 1070, 1050, 900, etc. then it would be more similar.

"A good deal of the time" is the key here. Are the talking of 60FPS with slowdowns, which can be ok, or are we talking about something close to 60FPS, which is a completly different beast.

Sean*O

"A good deal of the time" is the key here. Are the talking of 60FPS with slowdowns, which can be ok, or are we talking about something close to 60FPS, which is a completly different beast.

No idea, it's probably a typo or a misquote but if it's Tomb Raider level it's at 60 often enough to call it 60.

Bgamer90

Banned
Infamous SS handled this the best way. All devs should follow their lead.

I agree... well, in terms of single player focused games.

Anyway, guessing if it is 60 FPS then it will be 60 FPS unstable on both consoles with Xbox One version being 900p and PS4 version being 1080p.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Guys if this is true it will be unprecedented for a open world game on a console.

Can you name me any open world game on any generation on a console that ran at 60 FPS or close to that?

And no last gen port or online gaming, a single player with high production values that achieved it, I don't think there is.

That's why i find it hard to believe this is true as well, they will strive to push better visuals if it was achievable.
Driver: San Francisco

It was absolutely open world even though you never left the car. You could also zip around the city at insane speeds due to the possession mechanic.

Burnout Paradise could be considered as well though it was more limited.

border

Has any open-world game shipped at 60FPS?

Has any AAA Ubisoft from the last 8 years ever shipped at 60FPS?

I'm going to guess that the answer here is "No."

Didn't someone who recently saw the game running at PAX suggest it was running at a higher frame rate? May be the PS4 version is running at an unlocked frame rate with a min 30fps?

Bloodrage

Banned
Unless the graphics have been downgraded even more and Ubisoft discovered real magic, I don't see how this is possible. Didn't some preview claim that one of the versions was running at a consistent < 30fps?

Don't need 60 fps for this game for me personally, but would be really awesome if true. Assuming they didnt have to downgrade too much in other areas.

x-Lundz-x

If his ends up being 1080 / 60 on ps4 and let's say 900 / 30 on XB1 this might just be the biggest resolution gate discussion yet.

I... I just can't believe this

Only because, while I ADORE my PS4, I just can't imagine the specs being capable of pumping this out.

Playstation game listings have been wrong in the past. Better to wait to see what Ubisoft says.

That's not to say that I don't think it's true though.

Edit: Jostiq's title is better IMO.

I've only seen errors on the store pages, not on the actualy playstation website. Will be interesting to know for sure, and very impressive if it's actually 1080p60. Didn't the community manager say the only differences between Ultra settings PC and PS4 were resolutions >1080 and TXAA/HBAO+?

EDIT: Doesn't state specifically but here's part of what he says

There are resolution differences, one or two effects which are more dedicated to high-end PCs. But in the end I think it's pretty fricking close."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-22-watch-dogs-graphics-will-compare-greatly-to-e3-2012

ref

Well, maybe that's why the game had a visual downgrade, wanted to make it ~60 fps for next-gen consoles?

From what we've seen, it doesn't look insane enough for that to be an unrealistic goal... although for this type of game, I'd probably be fine with 30 fps with more eye candy.

Bgamer90

Banned
I've only seen errors on the store pages, not on the actualy playstation website. Will be interesting to know for sure, and very impressive if it's actually 1080p60. Didn't the community manager say the only differences between Ultra settings PC and PS4 were resolutions >1080 and TXAA/HBAO+?

Was that 720p Trials Fusion error just on the PS4's store page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom