• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs - Character trailer

You know, they've been promoting this game for two years now, and I don't think I had a clear idea what they story was supposed to be like until this trailer; it doesn't seem to bad.

Dr. Kaos

Banned
The cutscenes look good (no surprise there!) but in-game footage on youtube looks terrible. Just terrible. Even when you do not take the reveal CG trailers into account. The only exceptions to the absolutely mediocre graphics are the manhole explosions and the water, which look absolutely fantastic!

I predict that the ps4/x1 exclusive Watch Dogs sequel will look great, all next-geny and stuff. The first game, however, looks like crap compared to Second Son or Sunset Overdrive and there is no way I can enjoy a game that looks that bad.

I think GTAV on previous consoles might look better, thanks to the superior art direction. We'll see what the PC/next-gen ports for GTAV look like.

I strongly recommend to people that they watch in-game footage and read reviews before they pony up for this game. STRONGLY!

I'm predicting a sub-80 metacritic score for this game. We'll see if I'm right.

Straight out of OLDBOY.
old+ham.jpg

DAMN! I knew I recognized that appearance from somewhere.

The resemblance is uncanny.

Anyway, I'm still pissed this is release in late May.

All these games like MK8, Wolfenstein, this game, etc. are coming out towards the end of May. The first half of the money has a derth of titles leaving it bereft of quality releases.

Its a pity.

mmm Wii U logo showing up, lots of people thought this was being cancelled.

Looking good, will hold on for Wii U version if game is good. Hopefully gamepad is used in great ways, they have hinted at that.

Dr. Kaos

Banned
So the game is going to get a bad Metacritic because you think the graphics look bad? smh

It's not hatred, it's called eyesight :)

And yes, visuals matter. A lot. They are the whole reason we developed the neofrontal cortex that made us kings of large animals.

Any of this is a newsflash to you?

Finally, sub-80 metacritic is not bad. Plenty of good games have 70+ scores.

SJRB

Gold Member
The girl with the nose to ear piercing/keychain [??] is the same girl from the E3 trailer from last year, she's the hostess who brings the asshole to the elevator in that naked lady sushi bar.

It's cool that she's [apparantly] a bigger part of the game.

Top Bottom