• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs PAX East 2014 Gameplay Snippets

Donos

I feel like I say this every time there's a convention going on, but why do the studios almost never release the content shown on the floor (which was inescapably captured by a potato with recording functionality at some point) online afterwards? I just don't see any downsides.

Internetforums dissecting the footage of the unfinished version frame by frame and yelling because a bird popped up 4 miles in the background, the nosehair from one NPC was to sharp because of bad AA and pixel counters who reveal that the resolution is 974,45i. Then yelling at devs/publisher on twitter.

Some Nobody

Can't decide whether to get hyped for this game or not. It looks pretty awesome, but people constantly claim Ubisoft is the worst developer ever, so who knows.

kyser73

That mission footage sold me on it TBH - everything from the traffic lights hack, the over-bonnet kick to the face, the spotlight scattering through the railway lines to the blackout hack while driving.

Reckon it's going to look pretty damn good on PS4 too.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Yes, but does it have next gen gameplay? I am not surprised by the complete obsession with this game's graphics and the discussion about it on this board, but I hope we get more substantial gameplay impressions soon. It seems a lot like an Assassin's Creed game which, honestly, is unappealing to me, but it sure does look pretty.

kriskrosbbk

That mission footage sold me on it TBH - everything from the traffic lights hack, the over-bonnet kick to the face, the spotlight scattering through the railway lines to the blackout hack while driving.

Reckon it's going to look pretty damn good on PS4 too.

All we really need to know if this is PS4 footage.
Yes ,I am aware of that tweet,but still.

Well it certainly looks better than whats been showing before, Looks incredible and will defo get the ps4 version as visually it's impressive and shuts up the downgrade folk.

Gameplay wise not really sure as havent really seen enough to judge.

R_Deckard

Full offscreen gameplay in crappy quality (credit to TheAireaidLord)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL2YIB9ho30

Footage is so poor it is difficult to say much about the visuals, but from what I can see it looks pretty nice and runs smoothly. Blur when he/she does focus mode in the car looks a bit strange though.

That just looks stunning, PS4 (Shock) looks great..who would have thunk it!

Also good to see the Framerate looks very solid not matter how many particles, weather and the sheer amount of GI lighting going on...really looking forward to this.

Nzyme32

I'm not sure if all of these are ps4 footage like the tweet suggested. In two of the videos now pulled, at the bottom left you can see a pretty large PC with a glowing nvidia gtx card in both. A bit over kill to have such kitted out PCs just sitting there. Also seems like they would be best having a mix of all platforms around and gauging reaction

I'm not sure if all of these are ps4 footage like the tweet suggested. In two of the videos now pulled, at the bottom left you can see a pretty large PC with a glowing nvidia gtx card in both. A bit over kill to have such kitted out PCs just sitting there. Also seems like they would be best having a mix of all platforms around and gauging reaction

Apparently the PC was there to gauge footage, at least from what the creative director said. The footage is from one take, not seperate footage. Check the link I posted.

well thats what they said. PS4 recorded gameplay, video played on a PC.

iceatcs

Seem nothing wrong with that if it is PS4 footage. PC will be best, so relax PC people.

Looking forward Watchdog PC.

Not playing the game live this close to release is a bit strange. They at least made the pretense that they played it live on the first couple of reveals.

So what are you implying? The game is in development hell? There is a delay incoming?
Relax. They're just showing some gameplay.

So what are you implying? The game is in development hell? There is a delay incoming?
Relax. They're just showing some gameplay.

Nothing really. I would just prefer that they would make available for people to play which would provide us with more impressions and footage to make an informed choice. I expect it will meet its release date and am intrigued to see how it will turn out. In general I am not too enthused about Ubis open world games, but this seems to have a stronger story focus.

dex3108

Next week you will see another round of previews. Last week there was Press Event in Paris where journalists were playing W_D for couple of hours i think.

Next week you will see another round of previews. Last week there was Press Event in Paris where journalists were playing W_D for couple of hours i think.

Cool. Hopefully accompanied with gameplay, so we can make up our own minds.

But hopefully they'll release the PAX footage this week.

They really should release some high quality footage of that mission at PAX.
Nighttime, rain = Upgradaton!

Yep. It's an upgrade if there is:
- a sunset
- nightime with lights
- reflection
- moving vegetation

It's a downgrade if these things are missing. Even if it's a sunny day without wind.

Yes, but does it have next gen gameplay? I am not surprised by the complete obsession with this game's graphics and the discussion about it on this board, but I hope we get more substantial gameplay impressions soon. It seems a lot like an Assassin's Creed game which, honestly, is unappealing to me, but it sure does look pretty.
Could you elaborate more on what that is for you?

Begaria

So if it was PS4 footage, how many melted PS4s did Ubisoft have to go through to show off the game at PAX?

Top Bottom