• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs specs revealed - 8 core CPU recommended

XAL

Depends on that 580, is it the 3gb overclocked version? If so then it's only the cpu that may cause a slow down to maybe 45fps.

Thing is that's best guess because until the games out nobody knows.

yes

Depends on your resolution. Might have to drop a setting or two, but I'd be surprised if you couldn't get it to 60 with most if not all settings at high/max.

That being said, it could also be terribly optimized and be impossible to run on anything under a Titan at 60 fps. We really don't know.

1920x1080
We'll see.

LilJoka

Uh why. The 4960x will destroy any AMD 8-core. Even a quad i7 beats the pants off any 8core amd offering.

Lol sorry was being sarcastic, it seems to me that Ubisoft are doing AMD a favour with their requirements. Massive downplay on Intel's IPC advantage over AMD by saying 8 core CPU required.

What would the world come to when a game requires 4 Intel Cores vs 8 AMD cores?

I thought my rig was gonna be enough but it seems that my cpu will be too weak to meet the recommended specs.

I have a i5-3570k
gtx780 dcuii oc
8gb ram
windows 8.1

What settings would I be able to play on?

MadSexual

I thought my rig was gonna be enough but it seems that my cpu will be too weak to meet the recommended specs.

I have a i5-3570k
gtx780 dcuii oc
8gb ram
windows 8.1

I've got a feeling it will be just fine.

I have a i5-3570k
gtx780 dcuii oc
8gb ram
windows 8.1

You will be more than fine. THe whole 8 threaded stuff is BS, if it runs on nettop CPUs on consoles, it will run on your i5 at much higher frequency and much better architecture just fine.

FACE

Banned

I have a i5-3570k
gtx780 dcuii oc
8gb ram
windows 8.1

You shouldn't even bother installing with that weak rig.

Top Bottom