• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

highrider

Banned
My son is pretty heavily anticipating this game, so I'll pick it up for him and give it a go when he finishes. I think the game looks fun.

Hoje0308

Banned
Can you really argue about the lighting though? Sure it looked prettier, but are lens flares everywhere a needed thing? What is the obsession with them? That daytime image floating around with the "FAP FAP FAP" text seems like natural light, which to me seems far nicer than lens flares popping up.

I will happily agree with you there. Lens flare is very much overused and I'm glad that seems to have been corrected. However, the abundance of light sources and reflections gave the initial reveal a level of atmosphere that I haven't seen Watch Dogs duplicate since. But, it's the gameplay possibilities that have me most excited about the game, not just the output of polygons and particle effects.

dreamfall

Either I'm reading it wrong, or those are some damn good specs.

Baha, yeah they're definitely alright/good. But compared to some here on GAF, it doesn't even compare!

I've been more than satisfied with poorly optimized Ubisoft titles on PC- they always turn out slightly better than their console counterparts, but U-Play is the worst.

I googled Trapdoor Spider thinking it was some movie character's code name or some shit.

You really shouldn't google things you see on gaf

DarkFlow

Banned
I'm just here for the iamthedogethatwatches meltdown. I also got it on Origin, but the game is really taking a backseat to his incoming meltdown.

Daximuss

Thanks for the effort in creating the OT, Dawg.

I'm calling it now, this game will score high with the reviews and it will be very well received by GAF and gamers abroad once we've had ample time to play it.

I'm not sure how well multiplayer will be received, but I think the single player will be fantastic.

Thanks for the effort in creating the OT, Dawg.

I'm calling it now, this game will score high with the reviews and it will be very well received by GAF and gamers abroad once we've had ample time to play it.

I'm not sure how well multiplayer will be received, but I think the single player will be fantastic.

doesn't matter 8 player free roam is going to be enough fun for me and my buddies..........custom races against the cops and stuff.....should be fun.

I would totally play Wash_Dogs.

Waiting for the reviews on this one. There's still no GTAV announcement for next gen so this might be as close as we get for awhile longer.

Nydius

I'm hoping I get to play day 1, but since I have a physical PC preorder thanks to lingering Best Buy Reward Zone credits that I needed to use, I may not have it until a couple days after release.

I have a feeling you'll be right on this. Despite the roller coaster over the last few months, I think most people will end up being satisfied with the single player experience (unless single player completely falls flat). Multiplayer will likely be a different beast. I fully intend on locking down my game for the first SP play through so no one can come in and start screwing up my version of Chicago. After the first run, though, I'll happily leave it open so people can take contracts in my city.

Effer

Gaz_RB

22nd for the videos, 27th for the written ones

Man is this confirmed? Seems weird that they'd allow people to review the game in video from but not written. i do think we'll be getting a ton of video and impressions on the 22nd.

woen

Man is this confirmed? Seems weird that they'd allow people to review the game in video from but not written. i do think we'll be getting a ton of video and impressions on the 22nd.

We're sure we'll get hours of videos on the 22nd. Confirmed by multiples sources (reviewers via twitter), including now IGN who planned a 1h stream. I guess we'll have the opinion of the reviewers then, but it's not a 100% sure if we'll get the written reviews before the 26th or the 27th. And yes it's a bit weird...

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
There's a loony artist on youtube who melts new, desirable electronics in microwaves and puts them on ebay for $10,000 after. They don't sell obviously. I'm guessing he's working off an inheritance.

I'd link him but he'd just get more ad revenue for his incorrigible behavior.

Edit: I was mistaken, they DO actually sell. http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICROWAVED-...STATION-4-SIGN-DATED-BY-ARTIST-/151167524307? The man's a genius.
What world do we live in where people would pay 11K for a microwaved console...

Gaz_RB

We're sure we'll get hours of videos on the 22nd. Confirmed by multiples sources, including now IGN. I guess we'll have the opinion of the reviewers then, but it's not a 100% sure if we'll get the written reviews before the 26th or the 27th. And yes it's a bit weird...

Yeah that is strange. I'm just hyped to get some footage and impressions soon!

andylsun

I pre-ordered a launch PS4 for this and Drive Club - cancelled when I heard about the delay, but will wait to get a PS4 this summer and pick the game up then.

Like a lot of people, I thought the 2012 reveal was great, not just graphically, but an interesting open world. I hope this is a great game, but the delays and last few weeks point to something that might be good, but not amazing.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
We're sure we'll get hours of videos on the 22nd. Confirmed by multiples sources (reviewers via twitter), including now IGN who planned a 1h stream. I guess we'll have the opinion of the reviewers then, but it's not a 100% sure if we'll get the written reviews before the 26th or the 27th. And yes it's a bit weird...

That's not a review.

Torn between the PC versions and the PS4 version. I have a i7-4770k@4.2 Ghz and a GTX 780 and I play primarily on PC, but I'd like to get the game on the PS4 so it get's some actual use. If it's optimized well enough on PC and I know I can run it at 60 fps I'll pick it up on there. Not sure what the chances are that this'll run at 60 fps though.

woen

Yeah that is strange. I'm just hyped to get some footage and impressions soon!

They could have a NDA for the videos only, so they can't reveal everything about the game and they can't show more than xx minutes of footage. You get attention before and for the launch.

I'm not sure I want to hear the +/- of the game and the general opinion before playing it myself this time.

That's not a review.

I love you too.

I'm a little confused about the world in the game. Apparantly the game is in chapters. Does that mean the city is in chunks and parts are only available per chapter or can you go anywhere and everywhere from the off?

TalonJH

That's alright. Watch Dogs doesn't care about the haters.
ZZm3JIc.jpg

OXfj7Hg.png

dada_zpsc140d912.jpg

now what is this?
what is this? this isn't the same goddamn..UBISOFT FIX UR FCKING GAME!!!!
PPL SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH A DOWNGRADE THIS HUGE

Why the hell is everything so gawd-damn flat all of a sudden?

Top Bottom