• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

TheD

The Detective
Hey guys i got both (PS4 and Xbox One) version today and did a graphic comparison:
All scenes are from the first 20 minutes.

http://youtu.be/FpwIO36iYNM

UdeKrzg.png

Pretty good comparison, clearly worse Ambient Occlusion and lower res shadows on the XB1.

ttech10

I have a single overclocked 3GB R9 280X.

I will be shocked if I can't get this to run at 1080p/60fps on my rig

D':

Running on High with Ultra textures (w/ MHBAO Ambient Occlusion and Temporal SMAA) I have drops below 30 fps with the Asus DCII 280x and 3570k. It's mostly 30s and 40s during normal gameplay with mid-high 50s only occurring inside or in back alleys.

A faster CPU will probably help with some frames, but I'm not sure it can bump it up to a constant 60.

Dawg

How did that seem like a good idea in your head?

Well, to be completely honest with you... The face she made + the part where you hack her and the rape thingy came up, I found that quite funny.

But the gif loses the context of that image and makes the "rape" stand out more in a negative light, which was in bad taste. And I guess it makes me look childish.

So yeah, that's about it. I admit I have a very strange sense of humour at times, and sometimes something seems funny in my head, but ends up being wrong. I don't have a problem admitting that.

Gurish

I've just seen the PC version 4k pics and although it's obviously have a very clean IQ as any other 4K pic in history, it still have the same downgraded look of the PS4 version.

I remember clearly that just recently Ubisoft promised us PC version= E3 2012, why did they lie like that? they though we wouldn't notice it's pretty much the same as PS4?

I find that DF has been pretty slow with comparisons lately, where is the DF analysis?

Unless they have the final build of the PC version and the latest drivers they need to wait. I'm tired of their pre-ejaculated articles lately. Let the game marinate after release for a while and then do a comparison.

orochi91

Running on High with Ultra textures (w/ MHBAO Ambient Occlusion and Temporal SMAA) I have drops below 30 fps with the Asus DCII 280x and 3570k. It's mostly 30s and 40s during normal gameplay with mid-high 50s only occurring inside or in back alleys.

A faster CPU will probably help with some frames, but I'm not sure it can bump it up to a constant 60.

I feel so defeated :'(

rashbeep

Banned
Well, to be completely honest with you... The face she made + the part where you hack her and the rape thingy came up, I found that quite funny.

But the gif loses the context of that image and makes the "rape" stand out more in a negative light, which was in bad taste. And I guess it makes me look childish.

So yeah, that's about it. I admit I have a very strange sense of humour at times, and sometimes something seems funny in my head, but ends up being wrong. I don't have a problem admitting that.

Lol no worries, for what it's worth I found it funny too, but then again I have I dark sense of humour.

Symax

I was looking forward to this game, but this whole negativity surrounding it really killed my hype. I hate that I got so influenced by everyone's opinions, but having gone to FanExpo last year, where they demoed last year's E3 build, compared to the footage now it really is a shame but they definitely compromised a lot of the visuals... Will wait for impressions before buying this one.

Gaz_RB

Thats an interesting idea. The guns/gadgets, the contextual climbing and stealth mechanics definitely look like they are ripped straight out from conviction. Even the sound design is surprisingly similar. The hacking in invasion mode sound exactly like the hacking in the coop mode from conviction.

Right? Here's the first footage back in 2007: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApguMYpnD5s

Seems like they were going for a more open and dynamic approach to Splinter Cell back then.

Gurish

I was looking forward to this game, but this whole negativity surrounding it really killed my hype. I hate that I got so influenced by everyone's opinions, but having gone to FanExpo last year, where they demoed last year's E3 build, compared to the footage now it really is a shame but they definitely compromised a lot of the visuals... Will wait for impressions before buying this one.

I can accept the downgrade,shit happens, problem is that they are still denying it and even lie to us by claiming that the PC version will be E3 2012 Quality, which it's clearly not the case now that we've seen it, how do they have the nerve?

I cancelled my pre order today. Lost my faith on this game. I was watching the streaming today for a while it looks blend And boring. Put my money towards The Last of Us instead since I never played on ps3 (and I'm sure is a better game than WD)

Lakitu

st5fu
My order was shipped this afternoon. Anybody else order from Shopto?

I would be pleasantly surprised if I got it tomorrow.

I can accept the downgrade,shit happens, problem is that they are still denying it and even lie to us by claiming that the PC version will be E3 2012 Quality, which it's clearly not the case now that we've seen it, how do they have the nerve?

Yeah that too is something that really is bothering me. I think that Ubi aimed too high with the whole hacking idea, and it backfired in the end,

I cancelled my pre order today. Lost my faith on this game. I was watching the streaming today for a while it looks blend And boring. Put my money towards The Last of Us instead since I never played on ps3 (and I'm sure is a better game than WD)

I am on the same boat. I'm in college and money is something that doesn't come as easily as when I used to work full time. These next few months are filled with releases too.

DonDraper

Banned
Was unaware it was taboo to name the store already selling. I figured if they're already selling it, might as well get them some more customers and help a few people out. My bad.

[QUOTE="D";113182264]Something tells me this game won't be as bad as people making it out to be.

Relax fellas, lets just wait until we have it in ours hands/review embargos are lifted. The graphics aren't THAT bad, or bad at all. I think we are being a little spoiled due to the "next-which-is-now-current-gen" mentality that everything needs to be worlds better than the last console....we forget the PS4/XBONE ain't even a year old yet, plus companies have a different production style than others. I for one am cautiously optimistic and pretty excited for Watch_Dogs...its an interesting concept, its packed full of interesting content, seems to have a robust multiplayer ANNND just the main story ITSELF is 40+ hours long. If that isn't enough to warrant spending $60 bucks then I dunno what is.

Maybe its the old-school gamer in me speaking, but I come from the days of Atari/Colecovision and all that. Graphics are important to me, yes, but after all...a video game at its core is something you PLAY, much more than what you look at and be amazed by. There's plenty of games out there that are memorable or downright legendary and their graphics either don't stand the test of time (its FFVII for me, great game still but the graphics haven't aged well for me) or weren't up it its "generational standard."

Wait til Tuesday bros. For the ones that have it already, enjoy that shit. Everybody entitled to they opinion.[/QUOTE]

Agreed with everything you said here, except one. FFVII is still just as beautiful to me today as it was back then. I possess an ability to easily jump back in time graphically, and not miss the visual advancements we've made. That said, I think watch_dogs looks quite a bit better graphically than it is getting credit for. It has a very clean look to its overall graphical presentation, and as a result of that clean look, people are misconstruing that as the game somehow being ugly. Are there unflattering looking parts of this game based on available media? Yes, but I don't think that hurts the game nearly as much as some are saying.

I'm also excited by the concept of this game.

Game is alright so far. Only put in about an hour and change, just fucking around in the city. Was streaming but when I checked on the site it seems it was blocked from viewing on the site until release, so I guess only PS4 owners could view it.
Edit: Gonna continue shortly, if it works it works:
http://www.twitch.tv/bkarevolutionary

AMD Phenom II X955 BE
4GB RAM
Radeon 6850
Windows 7
installed on SSD

runs great @ 1920x1080 @ medium settings. looks pretty much like GTA V jacked up with better lighting and res. that's from my end though.must look gorgeous maxed out.

pretty much all i can pull out of this aged rig but way beyond my expectations .

I'm on
AMD Phenom II X940 BE
4GB RAM
770 GTX 2GB
Windows 7
installed on HD...

Here's praying for medium/high!

RoKKeR

That comparison was really well done, and I honestly think they are pretty close. Sure the PS4 has better shadow resolution and slightly sharper textures but the XBO version is certainly no slouch.

Still waiting for reviews but I'm wowed by the amount of posts in this thread... A lot of hype for this game during the drought of tripple A titles I suppose.

Agreed with everything you said here, except one. FFVII is still just as beautiful to me today as it was back then. I possess an ability to easily jump back in time graphically, and not miss the visual advancements we've made. That said, I think watch_dogs looks quite a bit better graphically than it is getting credit for. It has a very clean look to its overall graphical presentation, and as a result of that clean look, people are misconstruing that as the game somehow being ugly. Are there unflattering looking parts of this game based on available media? Yes, but I don't think that hurts the game nearly as much as some are saying.

I'm also excited by the concept of this game.

Agreed, Although after downloading the AC mod for it and the tifa bootleg it truly looks prestine for a game from 1997.

xBladeM6x

I have a feeling that many people who get it on PC are going to be locking their FPS to 30, and cranking those settings way up. Depending on how it runs on my machine, I might just do it as well.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Yep, why should the main character be interesting? That makes no sense, lets make him absolutely forgettable.

I often wonder what kind of people QA testers for big companies are. Or maybe it's better not to know.
Actually no, they changed the character model because the old one had bone issues with the lip sync. It's been changed since tgs 2013. And it's the SAME character, same dialogue, same voice.

I have a feeling that many people who get it on PC are going to be locking their FPS to 30, and cranking those settings way up. Depending on how it runs on my machine, I might just do it as well.

From hearing about i5 and 280x's and my experience with AC4, I think my i2500k 7950 is going to have to be limited :\

Top Bottom