• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Lucent

Yeah game devs. Stop making games with so many pixels.

WAT?!
image.php

rob305

Glad to see the XBone and PS4 version look identical to me. Now the wait begins...thats the only downside of going all digital...theres no chance of getting the game before release date :(

HowZatOZ

Banned
Were you in singleplayer? I don't understand how these interactions work.

If he is talking about invasions, basically you'll select a profile to hack in the online menu, get teleported close to them and then begin "invading" them. Think Dark Souls. The invader has to hide while hacking them, and the person being invaded has to find them. The search radius gets closer and closer as time goes on to give the invaded a chance.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Apparently, the XBox one (besides running at lower resolution) has lower resolution shadows, no SSAO (is that the correct term?) and less self-shadowing.

It looks like it has ambient occlusion of some sort, but a lower precision.

I would guess something like SSAO on Xbox One vs. HBAO on PS4, but I couldn't really speak to it with accuracy.

sjay1994

It looks like it has ambient occlusion of some sort, but a lower precision.

I would guess something like SSAO on Xbox One vs. HBAO on PS4, but I couldn't really speak to it with accuracy.

These acronyms.... what do they mean?

I'm kinda happy I still continue to live in the blissful ignorance of graphic techniques, and just say "oh... looks good".

If he is talking about invasions, basically you'll select a profile to hack in the online menu, get teleported close to them and then begin "invading" them. Think Dark Souls. The invader has to hide while hacking them, and the person being invaded has to find them. The search radius gets closer and closer as time goes on to give the invaded a chance.

Never played Dark Souls (dodges brick), but I think I get the gist. So this is multiplayer only then? I thought there was some mechanic where you can join someone elses singleplayer game? I guess I was mistaken.

Bah, thought this was out already. Need something for my PS4 dammit. Just beat SS yesterday and it was so frustrating how disappointingly average that game was. Really hope WD has some actual variation to the gameplay

quaere

The game looks decent in the opening segments, but as soon as you get outside in the day, man, not good.

The worst part is the Xbox One version tears frames to maintain 30fps. Totally unacceptable for a game that looks like this in my opinion. Sure didn't take long for current gen to go to shit, technology wise.

On the plus side, the story is interesting and I'm enjoying the gameplay so far. Going to try switching to the PC version though.

Been playing for 2 hours and so far not liking it. Driving, gunplay, and graphics are sub par. I'll be streaming more in an hour on PS4: sti4thewin-

im usually against all the 'downgradeathon' talk... but for a game that was pimped as the first next gen game back in 2012....

it is a bit disappointing that you don't even see your reflection in the mirror in your apartment.

:X

sjay1994

Been playing for 2 hours and so far not liking it. Driving, gunplay, and graphics are sub par. I'll be streaming more in an hour on PS4: sti4thewin-

images

Been playing the PS4 version for a few hours, and I'm enjoying the hell out of the game. The hacking mechanics and the mission diversity have been good so far, and the story is interesting. I especially enjoy how differently various cars feel driving.

I know most of this thread has been devoted to comparing screen shots and videos, but that nonsensical cap aside, the game is performing like a champ. No frame drops to my eye and the clarity of the graphics and world are great. It's no Second Son, but I'm cutting Ubisoft some slack as the current gen versions probably held them back a bit.

It's early, but so far so good.

images

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Been playing the PS4 version for a few hours, and I'm enjoying the hell out of the game. The hacking mechanics and the mission diversity have been good so far, and the story is interesting. I especially enjoy how differently various cars feel driving.

I know most of this thread has been devoted to comparing screen shots and videos, but that nonsensical cap aside, the game is performing like a champ. No frame drops to my eye and the clarity of the graphics and world are great. It's no Second Son, but I'm cutting Ubisoft some slack as the current gen versions probably held them back a bit.

Thanks for the impression. Guess, I'll pick it up Tuesday morning before work.

Phlebas

Banned
how are people getting a copy of the ps4 version right now? did another tomb raider/ infamous second son happen?

Many stores broke street date, stores who are closed for Monday because of the Holiday shipped out the games early and plenty have gotten them that way.

DrBo42

I will echo this. Performance has been rock solid on PS4 and I'm really digging the driving. The bike specifically is probably my favorite implementation of a motorcycle in an open world game. It just feels right. Going to dive into the story and try to get a feel for how diverse it is.

ref

Any impressions of the story/general writing quality of the game? That's really what I'm waiting to hear about before I decide if I'm going to purchase the game.

Also looks like I'm not going to be getting 60 fps with my 670 unless I lower all my settings, I guess I'll just max out and lock 30, if it can even do that.

Raven77

For those that have the PS4 version, do the graphics live up to the PS4 E3 demo from last year? The scene in the rain where he blacks out part of the city, etc. was very graphically impressive.

DrBo42

For those that have the PS4 version, do the graphics live up to the PS4 E3 demo from last year? The scene in the rain where he blacks out part of the city, etc. was very graphically impressive.

It's at the top of its game at night in a storm. Blackouts look great.

Kelsey

Banned
Well I saw enough in steams and on Youtube to know I want it. Went on a bit of a pre-order tear just now. Grabbed the Gold edition of Watchdogs as well as pre-orders for Destiny and Last of Us.

Ehh personally when i was at e3 it was being shown on 4k sony 60 inch tvs so it looked great. I would say in night it lives up to e3's demo but in the day this game looks bad. BAD.

DrBo42

My biggest problem with the game so far is that you cannot beat civilians down with the baton. It's purely a context sensitive option allowed with "enemies" only.

Top Bottom