• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs Release Date and new Trailer coming today?

Dennis

Banned
I just hope it doesn't coincide with the GTA V PC 'cause I don't have the time for two open-world screenshot games at once, really.

I am excited about the game but I am less excited about the promotion of the game
Before the game got delayed a sketchy giant bomb user presumably a ubisoft employee bumped 20 watchdogs threads promoting aiden pierce's leather jacket!

Authority

Banned
Sleeping Dogs was such an awesome third person martial-arts-shooter. The story line for me was fantastic and I was surprised to get sucked into this game after worrying that I might not like it. Definitely worth every penny of it.

The side quests were really tedious towards the end though.

Watch Dogs will go beyond that. I am sure of it.

Depending on the release dat Ubisoft has two/three months to get the engine running again. I think it'll be fine. Ultimately it will depend on how much polish they were able to add over the last couple of months, because some stuff looked rough.

The only thing that definitely will be fine are next-gen sales. The craving for a proper AAA title is huge and I guess Infamous/Titanfall won't occupy living rooms forever. Driveclub still M.I.A. with rumored June release.
Wii U is going to be stronger contested with MK8 & Smash.

I'm still hyped about the game. I don't see why everybody talks about downgrades. I've watched all the trailer just recently and there are just some minor differences.
I think this is a perception problem. When the first Watchdogs trailer hit, it was one of the first, if not the first, next gen game we saw, so the graphics blew us away. When the others hit we've seen more next gen stuff and what we saw, even though it looked pretty much like what we saw in the 1st trailer, didn't wow us anymore.

I really hope they used the additional months work all out all the flaws. My main concern is that gameplay and quests are too much like Assassins Creed.

Sleeping Dogs was such an awesome third person martial-arts-shooter. The story line for me was fantastic and I was surprised to get sucked into this game after worrying that I might not like it. Definitely worth every penny of it.

The side quests were really tedious towards the end though.

Watch Dogs will go beyond that. I am sure of it.
Sleeping Dogs was one of my favorite games of last gen. It was a big surprise that came out of nowhere. The interesting setting and story plus the epic hand to hand... it just felt so good.

I hope Watch Dogs turns out good;however, i'm nowhere near as excited for it as i would be a next gen Sleeping Dogs sequel. It really just looks like another AC clone set in a near-future American city. "yawn"

DJIzana

Wow... talk about lucky. I tweeted this on the 24th.

Hoping to see some new @watchdogsgame footage soon. Surprisingly, feels like forever since we've heard about anything from that game.

Luck of the devil!!! :D

SnakeEyes

Banned
I got an e-mail a week or so ago from the online store I pre-ordered my DedSec Edition from, updating the release date to 30/05/14. Being the end of the month it could simply be another placeholder, but I'd like to see it sometime in May.

If I can't get it sooner.

Paskil

It's an open world game in Chicago. Even with some of the doom and gloom that started appearing prior to its delay, I'm still going to play this, regardless of reviews. Hope to hear some concrete news soon. Really curious about the soundtrack and if they went the SR/GTA route for licensed music.

ekim

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...om/ps3/+&cd=20&hl=de&ct=clnk&client=firefox-a

Removing some of the fuzz blocking this image from the carousel via Firebug exposes the complete image:
untitled26rj5v.png

GeoramA

It's an open world game in Chicago. Even with some of the doom and gloom that started appearing prior to its delay, I'm still going to play this, regardless of reviews. Hope to hear some concrete news soon. Really curious about the soundtrack and if they went the SR/GTA route for licensed music.
This is why I'll always be hyped, even if we have to wait until fall. Been waiting so fucking long for an open-world Chicago.

Joeki11a

Banned
This is why I'll always be hyped, even if we have to wait until fall. Been waiting so fucking long for an open-world Chicago.

Its not really open world, you cant take Aiden run over civilians or shoot a club full of people or jump off Sears tower ect

Its limited like LA Noire

Joeki11a

Banned
How? Is Tetsuya Nomura somehow involved in this?

lol. I just think Ubisoft wants The Division out first, that took away all the buzz Watchdogs had.

Watchdogs was supposed to be out during ps4 launch...if youre going to delay it just go full delay for years, their is no point to rush this out, it has no buzz anymore.

Friction

Hope there aren't any more delays for this game. Anyone know why it was delayed from coming out during the console launches?

Hope there aren't any more delays for this game. Anyone know why it was delayed from coming out during the console launches?

Quality of the game was not up to snuff. If that means gameplay-quality or technical-quality (as in crashes every minute) I believe is unknown.

modulaire

Its not really open world, you cant take Aiden run over civilians or shoot a club full of people or jump off Sears tower ect

All open world games have some sort of limitation. You can't enter most buildings for example (in games with a modern setting)

Shooting random civilians/going on a killing spree doesn't make sense in the context of the game I guess.

Jack cw

lol. I just think Ubisoft wants The Division out first, that took away all the buzz Watchdogs had.

Watchdogs was supposed to be out during ps4 launch...if youre going to delay it just go full delay for years, their is no point to rush this out, it has no buzz anymore.

True but I was able to talk with a Ubi PR a few weeks ago and they are aiming for a Q2 release as its their biggest gun at the moment. I think they were a bit suprised or catched on the wrong foot after the GTA5 buzz lasting until December and the quality of the game wasnt just good enough. Its a huge project for them and costs immense amounts of money right now as more than one studio is working on it. I'm pretty sure that the game is ready to get shipped in a few months.

Raven77

My hype level for this game has gone from extremely high, to basically zero. Every time they show it they appear to have downgraded it's visuals and even the gameplay. We need to see more gameplay elements. Maybe it does still hold some surprises.

Unless this new trailer is a return to form, I fully predict reviews to go something like this

"Although it presents some new ideas, the game borrows far to heavily from Assassins Creed, feeling more like a pseudo-sequel, than the new and unique experience the initial reveal implied."

Friction

Quality of the game was not up to snuff. If that means gameplay-quality or technical-quality (as in crashes every minute) I believe is unknown.

Thanks for the info. Good they delayed it then, a buggy version would have made the new IP DOA. Fingers crossed they managed to resolve the issues.

I was so hyped for this game so much so I got the app that you go around "capturing" points on a real map that I used to do while driving to work and almost got in about 50 car accidents lol I still capture some now and then because I can reach two from my bedroom. But I'm almost over this game even though I never played it...

Raymond legends had a decent delay ,which added a ton of content and value to the game. Plus it received a lot of 90+ review scores. Not all Delays are a bad thing, and it gives the developers more time to flush out their complete vision of the title. I think it would've been dumb for Ubisoft to release both black flag and WD in the same window, risking competitiveness among IP's . Personally I think it's great that we will be getting a good spring/summer title to play while we wait for destiny/witcher 3/ evolve to come out!

Kuldar

Open world don't mean you can do anything. A game don't have to be a GTA like to be open world.

Top Bottom