• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Way late but got an instant pot, anyone here use one?

dcll

Banned
I use a slow cooker often and have for years and I have been making a loaded potato soup in mine for awhile and it is great but it takes 6 hours. I got an instant pot a few months ago and have only used it on slow cooker setting to make my soup, today I used the soup setting and it only took 10 minutes! Now I will be trying new recipes all the time. What stuff do you make in yours if you have one? Any tips?

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Banned
I do. It’s probably my second most used cooking tool. Steamed veggies, roasts, Chili, Bao; it does them all perfectly.

Kagey K

Banned
Whats the difference between an instant pot, slow cooker and a rice cooker?
It also works as a pressure cooker, (which is the most used function on ours)

I bought my gf one last Christmas (2018) and it’s the best thing I ever bought for our kitchen. We use it almost daily.

Google almost any recipe and add instant pot to the end. We don’t actually use the different button functions. Just press manual and set the timer to whatever time the recipe calls for.

Love that we can make soups in such a short time that taste like they cooked all day.

These are some of my favourite recipes and a good place to start.

Last edited:

Rat Rage

It's simply amazing. Cooking at high pressure is pretty healthy, because it kills some anti-nutrients. That aside, it's super convenient, too.

Grinchy

Banned
I am on the subreddit for this and see the threads every day, but for some reason haven't pulled the trigger yet.

jchap

I like to use it to make chicken stock from bones I remove from dishes I make with just the meat. I just throw excess bones and scraps in the freezer until I have a good amount and then I am rewarded with delicious stock to make all kinds of great things with.

jts

...hate me...
I've been postponing. Got an Air Fryer last year which is great, but I understand an Instant Pot is more versatile.

Countertop space is also an issue.

dcll

Banned
I've been postponing. Got an Air Fryer last year which is great, but I understand an Instant Pot is more versatile.

Countertop space is also an issue.
I have an air fryer and it is awesome, so much more convenient for small stuff. I have even made chicken wings in mine and fries often. I always wings or fries with oil and then half way through touch them up and they come out amazing

Top Bottom