• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Waypoint: Inside the Sexual Misconduct Allegations Rocking NeoGAF's Last 48 Hours

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
IHow do you not notice someone isn't puking? Or were they in some mansion of a hotel room where the bathroom isn't close enough that you don't hear them vomiting? Maybe shes just a quiet puker?

She drank to the point of puking. Evilore doesn't look like a big guy, probablhy pretty drunk himself.

Then, he's about to try getting naked and jumping in the shower with her. He isn't hearing her puking, he's picturing getting laid. This is really teen movie kind of stuff.

I don't see how the people who are offended about this can go through a day without feeling offended about something.

The thing I wonder more is; Why are they still here, and not closing their accounts in revolt?

Mahadev

So you guys do realize that exposing yourself to another person without consent is a crime that can land you on a sex offenders list in some states, right?

So you do realize that kissing random women on the street is considered sexual assault but when you kiss a woman you went out with and she says she doesn't see you that way it's just an awkward situation, right?

Way to deliberately misrepresent the situation by taking it completely out of context, good job.

I wasn't molested. I was chased! If he had of caught me I would of died fighting lol.

I've been to Chizen itza but not seen the mexico ghetto it wasn't on the tour.

I don't get to decide how she feels. I'm just deciding how I feel. I can appreciate she may of been horrified or bemused.

I fuckin would of been. But I know she must of felt better when.she said for him to go he left.

It clearly made her uncomfortable, scared even. But outside of seeing a naked man. Nothing happened.

For all the people laughing it off, if you're with someone bigger and stronger than you and you're standing their buck naked, you don't know if they're actually going to leave when you ask or not. Some people will literally just give consent because they're afraid that if they say no, they're going to be hurt a lot worse than if they just feel the shame and get it over with.

Most women are vulnerable in this way when it comes to men. Just saying no is an act of bravery that can literally lead to ptsd symptoms. There is no feeling of safety there, just "Oh God, will I actually get out of this situation in tact." Not to mention then having to face the hundreds of people who handwave everything away like she should be grateful that their provoker was generous enough to leave them alone. Like having your house broken into, you may not have been directly harmed, but your sense of safety has been shattered and that has effects on people. Period. It's unwanted, it's harmful, it's shaming. Get over yourselves.

By the way. Just cos I'm saying what he did doesn't fit in my eyes as some kind of sex crime, doesn't make it right.

I assume he apologized for the behaviour.

And how he dealt with it publicly thus far has been questionable to say the least!

As have everyone elses reaction.

ckaneo

Living in San Francisco, I've had multiple instances where guys would expose their dicks to me or show me their visible boners through their pants (while riding on the train of all places) hoping to get me to react. Am I a victim of sexual assault?

Is this sarcasm? Cause the answer is yes

So you do realize that kissing random women on the street is considered sexual assault but when you kiss a woman you went out with and she says she doesn't see you that way it's just an awkward situation, right?

Way to deliberately misrepresent the situation by taking it completely out of context, good job.

If there is no prior consent, then it's still sexual assault. Kissing someone without consent could get you a battery charge. Just because you're in a relationship doesn't mean you can't rape someone. Being in a relationship doesn't give a person carte blanche to do whatever they want to another person.

So you guys do realize that exposing yourself to another person without consent is a crime that can land you on a sex offenders list in some states, right?

There isn't a prosecutor in the country who would press indecent exposure charges in this case. Most indecent exposure laws only apply if the act takes place IN PUBLIC. The fact that they were staying in the same private hotel room makes this comparison totally absurd.

maybe the mod team quit because they were hearing the batshit excuses EL was coming up with before his public "statement" and wouldn't stand for it.

eg which is what he allegedly told the mod team in private

Or if you don't trust that, just read the waypoint article in the OP! Full-on character assassination of the woman. Even if this "wasn't a big deal" according to some of y'all, that's not how he chose to frame his response. Instead, the woman is "malicious" "severely mentally ill", "delusional", etc.

Being offended by his character assassinaton of Leupp hinges on you automatically siding with her allegations it is a literal he said she said situation, both are presenting a narrative that the other has wronged them. It's like being offended by her post. Did she assassinate his character by posting it to Facebook?

There isn't a prosecutor in the country who would press indecent exposure charges in this case. Most indecent exposure laws only apply if the act takes place IN PUBLIC. The fact that they were staying in the same private hotel room makes this comparison totally absurd.

That's not true. A number of states have provisions for indecent exposure that takes place in private areas.

After reading this thread I'm assuming you then had sexual relationships with most of these men because of your crippling issues with these encounters. Right?

Well of course. I was so mentally traumatized by the odious nature of these sexual advances that the next logical step was to go home with them and have buttsex because of stockholm syndrome. /s

The reality is I just moved to a different section of the train.

kliklik

Banned
Sàmban;252775168 said:
1. Stockholm syndrome isn't limited to sexual abuse
2. Maybe my post wasn't clear, but I agree with you. I don't think we know enough to say that any form of the syndrome was at play. All we know is Tyler showed up naked in the bathroom after they'd been drinking and they had a moment of intimacy after that. That's it.

The abuse thing was about the comment that said she was being sexually abused and everyone should read up about Battered Women's Syndrome because the psychology is like that.

One does not get Stockholm syndrome from being exposed to unwanted dick while staying voluntarily in a man's hotel room. It's just not at all applicable to this situation and it's kinda (unintentionally I'm sure!) dismissive to those who actually have dealt with that serious psychological disorder to act as if it can be caused by such a brief encounter.

I know we're not in a court of law or anything, but if she so much as sent him friendly texts afterwards (let alone broke up with her bf and started a sexual relationship with him!) the case would be thrown out. And it is courts that recognised Battered Women's Syndrome and Stockholm Syndrome. Suffice to say, this kind of reaction after sexual misconduct is not recognised as plausible.

Sàmban

Banned
By the way. Just cos I'm saying what he did doesn't fit in my eyes as some kind of sex crime, doesn't make it right.

I assume he apologized for the behaviour.

And how he dealt with it publicly thus far has been questionable to say the least!

As have everyone elses reaction.

That's one of the problems. He kind of didn't. Instead called her crazy and mental. For all the debating we are doing here, Tyler's handling of the situation is a disaster and does raise some serious red flags especially in light of his chauvinism. The situation is just an unnecessary clusterfuck all around.

The abuse thing was about the comment that said she was being sexually abused and everyone should read up about Battered Women's Syndrome because the psychology is like that.

One does not get Stockholm syndrome from being exposed to unwanted dick while staying voluntarily in a man's hotel room. It's just not at all applicable to this situation and it's kinda (unintentionally I'm sure!) dismissive to those who actually have dealt with that serious psychological disorder to act as if it can be caused by such a brief encounter.

I know we're not in a court of law or anything, but if she so much as sent him friendly texts afterwards (let alone broke up with her bf and started a sexual relationship with him!) the case would be thrown out. And it is courts that recognised Battered Women's Syndrome and Stockholm Syndrome. Suffice to say, this kind of reaction after sexual misconduct is not recognised as plausible.

Yeah, I know. I said as much in regards to people saying she slept with him because of Stockholm syndrome. What are you quoting me for?

Paertan

Is this sarcasm? Cause the answer is yes

Well no sexual assault by definition on Wikipedia involves physical touching.

"Sexual assault is a sexual act in which a person is coerced or physically forced to engage against their will, or non-consensual sexual touching of a person."

It is sexual harassment I guess. Don't know the correct term in English. So still not ok at all.

Sàmban;252775579 said:
That's one of the problems. He kind of didn't. Instead called her crazy and mental. For all the debating we are doing here, Tyler's handling of the situation is a disaster and does raise some serious red flags especially in light of his chauvinism. The situation is just an unnecessary clusterfuck all around.

Yes what he did was bad. You don't do that. But his handling of this has been really bad and as you say raises a lot of flags.

All Hail C-Webb

Show me 1 case in which someone was convicted of showing their dick to someone they were drinking with in a hotel or home.

You do realize that in real life, normal women do not expect normal men to ask permission before getting naked.

Usually people get a feeling, and they make slow moves to see if the other person has those same feelings. Less experienced people make bolder moves, like announcing that they love the person, or in this case dropping trou.

Daring and sex do not work the way you believe they do. Tell this story to some of your female family members, and see how they react.

Mahadev

If there is no prior consent, then it's still sexual assault. Kissing someone without consent could get you a battery charge. Just because you're in a relationship doesn't mean you can't rape someone. Being in a relationship doesn't give a person carte blanche to do whatever they want to another person.

My God, some of you people have never gone out in the real world, have you? Asking for consent from a woman before kissing her is a huge fucking turnoff for them, and this has been my experience and every single person's I've asked male or female.

Therefore, based on your worldview there are two options, either embarrass yourself by asking a fucking awkward question that will ruin the moment or risk being called a sexual offender by people like you. Jesus Christ...

All Hail C-Webb

I see you making some great points too, but we aren't going to get anywhere with these people who are actively posting on a forum that is owned by someone they believe raped someone, and is guilty of sexual assault.
Pretty disgusting, if you ask me.

BBboy20

Show me 1 case in which someone was convicted of showing their dick to someone they were drinking with in a hotel or home.

You do realize that in real life, normal women do not expect normal men to ask permission before getting naked.

Usually people get a feeling, and they make slow moves to see if the other person has those same feelings. Less experienced people make bolder moves, like announcing that they love the person, or in this case dropping trou.

Daring and sex do not work the way you believe they do. Tell this story to some of your female family members, and see how they react.
uuuuuuhhhhhhh, is this suppose be ok? Is this just something people have to deal with?

I still think it's overblown silliness.

But guy face over there had a point about having courage to say no.

Unfortunately we don't have footage of the incident and we can only take the middle ground between what they both said and draw a conclusion.

I believe that it's a pair of idiots in a hotel room continuing to make extremely bad choices. However ultimately respecting each others agency.

Exposing your naked body to someone is never ok, and we can't know what the atmosphere or how drunk they both were.

But I'm choosing to believe this is just drunken silliness. Especially with them hookin up later.

It can be all that ptsd trauma stuff too. But it seems so ridiculous.

Ok. I tell you what. Go invite over some women you know over to your house for dinner. Then I want you to walk out completely in the nude and tell them that you assumed since you were in your home that they had consented to seeing you that way and you just wanted to be bold to see if they'd fuck you. Since it's obviously not a crime, I'm sure you'll have no problem doing this over and over again. I'm sure they'll be fine with it too, because hey, unspoken rules!

That's not true. A number of states have provisions for indecent exposure that takes place in private areas.

You know what states off the top of your head? I'm not saying you're wrong (it HAS been a while since law school for me). I've just always been under the impression that a public component was present in almost all public indecency statutes around the country.

All Hail C-Webb

For all the people laughing it off, if you're with someone bigger and stronger than you and you're standing their buck naked, you don't know if they're actually going to leave when you ask or not. Some people will literally just give consent because they're afraid that if they say no, they're going to be hurt a lot worse than if they just feel the shame and get it over with.

Most women are vulnerable in this way when it comes to men. Just saying no is an act of bravery that can literally lead to ptsd symptoms. There is no feeling of safety there, just "Oh God, will I actually get out of this situation in tact." Not to mention then having to face the hundreds of people who handwave everything away like she should be grateful that their provoker was generous enough to leave them alone. Like having your house broken into, you may not have been directly harmed, but your sense of safety has been shattered and that has effects on people. Period. It's unwanted, it's harmful, it's shaming. Get over yourselves.

I'm just happy I live on earth where I, and the women I love don't need to worry about things like this.

I literally slept in the same bed as one of them. Nothing happened. Not sure why you think that's relevant other than to keep moving goalposts, but there you go.
Your anecdote doesn't change human nature though, good for you but they did have sex later so obviously their relationship wasn't without sexual tension.

Clipjoint

Hey guys have you seen that movie Wolf of Wall Street where Margot Robbie sexually assaulted Leonardo DiCaprio by getting naked in front of him without his permission?

kliklik

Banned
Sàmban;252775579 said:
Yeah, I know. I said as much in regards to people saying she slept with him because of Stockholm syndrome. What are you quoting me for?

Because you replied to someone asking why she would start a sexual relationship with him after by replying, "Stockholm Syndrome." You brought up the possibility that this was applicable in this case and I'm saying it's not at all applicable at all.

She drank to the point of puking. Evilore doesn't look like a big guy, probablhy pretty drunk himself.

Then, he's about to try getting naked and jumping in the shower with her. He isn't hearing her puking, he's picturing getting laid. This is really teen movie kind of stuff.

I don't see how the people who are offended about this can go through a day without feeling offended about something.

The thing I wonder more is; Why are they still here, and not closing their accounts in revolt?

Sorry I missed that Teen movie where the teenage hearthrob tries to jump into the shower with the puking girl. Was that Teen wolf 3?

Oh boy now I'm thinned skinned and raging? I love the internet diagnosis you guys keep coming up with. The funny thing is I never said your explanation nor others defending him aren't plausible. However when you look at the bigger picture clearly theres more to this story. If you want to look away and not ask questions and accept the prepared pr statement as fact while ignoring the red flags thats all on you. As for why I haven't closed up my account I do think this is a topic that should be discussed. You know before all discussion on it is silenced.

All Hail C-Webb

Ok. I tell you what. Go invite over some women you know over to your house for dinner. Then I want you to walk out completely in the nude and tell them that you assumed since you were in your home that they had consented to seeing you that way and you just wanted to be bold to see if they'd fuck you. Since it's obviously not a crime, I'm sure you'll have no problem doing this over and over again. I'm sure they'll be fine with it too, because hey, unspoken rules!

I think they would laugh their asses off at me. Some would ask me what drugs I was on, and others would ask if they could have some.

I'm not wasting my time responding to this insanity anymore. You're a hypocrite if you're still posting here anyway.

Sàmban;252775579 said:

Lol shit. If I was Tyler I would be having a severe anxiety attack over this whilst screaming my case at the monitor whilst reading people's vitriol.

Cos if this was as benign as it seems it's a pretty hard core assassination, considering NeoGaf.

Plus all your mod pals scooting out immediately? Dang.

Clipjoint

I literally slept in the same bed as one of them. Nothing happened. Not sure why you think that's relevant other than to keep moving goalposts, but there you go.

Great - and if you had thought she was interested and made a move, I would be right here defending you from accusations of sexual assault too.

I do question your judgement, her judgement, and her husband's judgement though. If my wife shared a bed with another dude, I'd 100% be convinced something went down.

anothertech

So are you saying all victims have to be perfect?
There’s a lot more to this than what’s being misconstrued. Their prior relationship, and continuing relationship and later events that all might be material to the current situation are mostly unknown.

Anyone calling out either rape or innocent are basically trolling out of sheer ignorance, as they don’t know the facts.

Every single member here asking for a ban is just a foolish troll, no matter how ‘prominent’ they seem to the community, and it’s pretty sad to watch.

TheYanger

Your anecdote doesn't change human nature though, good for you but they did have sex later so obviously their relationship wasn't without sexual tension.

If you click the little arrow in the quote it'll take you to the quoted post. you can do that like 3 times and have context for what I wrote, or you can just apply it to something completely unrelated like you did.

I'm not Evillore and I'm not the woman here either, I have no idea what sexual tension they had, because I wasn't there. So don't throw my post in that direction.

Great - and if you had thought she was interested and made a move, I would be right here defending you from accusations of sexual assault too.

I do question your judgement, her judgement, and her husband's judgement though. If my wife shared a bed with another dude, I'd 100% be convinced something went down.

Cool, I'll keep that in mind next time - I'ma be like "Hey, Clipjoint wouldn't approve of this if you were his wife" and nip it in the bud.

Haha it's like that episode of friends where joey meets Monica for the first time.

He strips naked immediately after being invited in.

How are you not laughing at the absurdity of the scenario you type.

All Hail C-Webb

Ok, now you're delusional.

Really. The guy said this:

"Most women are vulnerable in this way when it comes to men. Just saying no is an act of bravery that can literally lead to ptsd symptoms"

That's offensive as fuck to women. A woman isn't capable of saying no? What the fuck does he think women are? It's literal insanity.

My God, some of you people have never gone out in the real world, have you? Asking for consent from a woman before kissing her is a huge fucking turnoff for them, and this has been my experience and every single person's I've asked male or female.

Therefore, based on your worldview there are two options, either embarrass yourself by asking a fucking awkward question that will ruin the moment or risk being called a sexual offender by people like you. Jesus Christ...

You are literally rolling the dice every time you do that. Actual unspoken societal norms usually dictate what you say to be true, but there's no actual law that says it's ok to make any physical contact like that with another person that's not consensual. Every time you kiss someone without consent, you risk getting a charge of battery if that person felt like prosecuting you.

You know what states off the top of your head? I'm not saying you're wrong (it HAS been a while since law school for me). I've just always been under the impression that a public component was present in almost all public indecency statutes around the country.

Honestly, there's too many for me to list right now. Most states have clauses such as this from Delaware: A male is guilty of indecent exposure in the second degree if he exposes his genitals or buttocks under circumstances in which he knows his conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to another person. That can be public or private. Read the individual laws. There's very few that state that conduct has to be only in public and even the ones that mention public have riders that clarify that position. Honestly, public space can literally mean any place where someone else can see you who isn't consenting where the state doesn't specifically grant access to nudity.

https://www.hg.org/article.asp?id=31193

There's a lot more to this than what's being misconstrued. Their prior relationship, and continuing relationship and later events that all might be material to the current situation are mostly unknown.

Anyone calling out either rape or innocent are basically trolling out of sheer ignorance, as they don't know the facts.

Every single member here asking for a ban is just a foolish troll, no matter how ‘prominent' they seem to the community, and it's pretty sad to watch.

Are people jumping to conclusions? Yes. However long time members know whats going to happen already. This topic after a point will not be allowed to be discussed here and I think why thats really why people are pissed off. Because Evilore will likely only make one statement and plenty of people still have tons of questions but they'll never get any real answers from him.

BBboy20

Really. The guy said this:

"Most women are vulnerable in this way when it comes to men. Just saying no is an act of bravery that can literally lead to ptsd symptoms"

That's offensive as fuck to women. A woman isn't capable of saying no? What the fuck does he think women are? It's literal insanity.
...um, also disavowing the existence of power plays and privileges men have created to silence others over the ages is also offensive to women.

If you click the little arrow in the quote it'll take you to the quoted post. you can do that like 3 times and have context for what I wrote, or you can just apply it to something completely unrelated like you did.

Sleeping in the same bed as someone else's spouse is not usually seen as normal, but go ahead and be shitty and condescending.

Top Bottom