• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weed problem. Where to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
My yard is filled with a ton of weeds after we kind of neglected it for a bit. Instead of just hiring someone, I was thinking of trying to get into this stuff.

Where the hell do I start? Weeds dont typically bother me but there are some really ugly ones this spring with a thick stalk and then a whitish fluffy thing on the end. They kind of give me the willies when I look at a bunch of then lol

Complicating things is the fact that the dog plays back there so obviously I dont want anythjng toxic. Help me, GAF!

Edit: The weeds look like the one at the top of this page:

http://www.better-lawn-care.com/lawn-weed-identification.html

Canuck76

Banned
Check around at Home depot for some dudes. You'll feed a family and get rid of the weeds

Killing two birds with one stone!

SmokyDave

Get a paraffin fuelled weed-wand. They're awesome. Not sure how effective they are at removing weeds but you can torch the whole garden with a maniacal grin.

You basically have 3 choices:

1. Pull them
2. Kill them w/chemicals
3. Restore your lawn grass so they grow healthy and choke the weeds out.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Dig out all the dirt 3ft deep for entire size of your yard. Put the dirt into skips and put down some plastic then put 3ft of new soil in the old soils place.

SUPREME1

Banned
Weeds don't get choked out.

I've seen weeds look like small trees, shit's comical (neighbor who went home to China for several months and rented out the place to people maintaining the yard/garden/propperty).

But yeah, best not let them grow to the point where they are ready to drop seeds. Because if they drop and it rains... you done goof'd.

SUPREME1

Banned
Dig out all the dirt 3ft deep for entire size of your yard. Put the dirt into skips and put down some plastic then put 3ft of new soil in the old soils place.

Yikes. WOuld look awesome when done, but that is a lot of work for someone who doesn't seem to care too much about his lawn to begin with.

HiResDes

The fuck. Was expecting some WEEEEEEEEED thread. Dissapoint.

e56a3.gif

So...

is this...

is this the new thread?

lol for a sec I thought it was the thread from OT and the mods moved it here as a joke/hint, but I guess thats not the case.

Got to admit this would be absolutely hilarious if this thread becomes the stealth weed thread. (Something I was pushing for a while)
it is a stealth weeds thread

I hope they allow it as long as no one distrupts our GoogleOverlords
-No one posts illegal pics
-Thou shall not say things that shant be named or uses codenames
:lol

akira28

Yeah #3 is best. Weeds are the sign of an unhealthy lawn. Supposedly there's a way to restore it by restoring the proper ph/acid balance of the lawn. I forget how, but there's probably a website on it. Weeds will die off and your grass will be green. I know there's a book on it, the dude was on Science Friday on NPR last year.

(stealth weeds thread)

So I went to the Shakespeare Theater here in Chicago last night to see Timon of Athens and it was fuckin' crazy. At the end, Emperor Palpatine took off his clothes and I saw his dick.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Sweet found the ultimate "Kill it with fire" pic

US_riverboat_using_napalm_in_Vietnam.jpg

These boats were extremely deadly. The Zippo turrets could shoot compressed napalm up to 200 yards. No one could escape them. The napalm was like jelly and spread everywhere. The intense heat immediately burned the oxygen in its vicinity adding a secondary threat to anyone near its lethal path

Use one of these to control your weeds.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
compressed fucking napalm.. us humans come up with more awesome ways to kill each other all the time lmfao.

compressed napalm man holy shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom