• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Famitsu - April 16th 2010

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This was a pretty uneventful issue.

Big thanks to AndriaSang: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/04/14/flying_get/

New Level 5 Game - Time Travelers
-Platform: "Centered on a system that's not yet in this world, it will expand to other systems. It will be this image."
-Level 5 thinks the game could turn into a popular series
-The game is large scale
-Jiro Ishii (428) is working on the game
-Time travel will be involved in some fashion
-Anything else you saw is fake

neo2046 said:
Time Travelers illust. art
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1234083_1124.html
2ra32Kta1T8cAOxLAK6CojclEpgc9Sdv

Class of Heroes 2G [PS3]
-It seems to be an enhanced port of the second game
-Includes voice work, enhanced character editing, and more

Momotaro Dentetsu Tag Match Friendship, Cooperation, Winning Volume! [PSP]
-Coming In July
-Features 4 player "tag match" mode (2v2)

Love Plus+ [NDS]
-June 24th

Lost Planet 2 [360/PS3/PC]
-Frank West
-Wesker (we knew this one)
-Monster Hunter Costume (PS3 exclusive)

Xenoblade [Wii]
AndriaSang said:
The names for Xenoblade's hero and heroine could be vaguely heard in last week's trailer. Famitsu has a more formal introduction to the characters:

Shulk
The main character. A fan of literature. He heads off on a journey with his friends to defeat the Kishin troops who attacked his village. Race: Homs, Age: 18, Height: 171cm, Voice: Shintaro Asanuma

Fiorun
The heroine. Childhood friend of Shulk and little sister of Dunban (below). Race: Homs, Age: 18, Height: 160cm, voice: Eri Nakao

Dunban
The shirtless guy from the trailer. Hero of the Homs people, he used the Monado sword and defeated many Kishin army troops. He was injured during a major confrontation 1 year back and is now healing. Race: Homs, Age: 30, Height 180cm, voice: Ryo Horikawa

Dickson
Dunban's war friend from a long time back. He watches over Shulk like a parent. Race: Homs, Age: 44, Height: 181cm, voice: Tsuyoshi Koyama

Mumuca
A traveling warrior. He once fought Dunban for the right to be the person who would use Monado. Race: Homs, Age: 30, Height: 195cm. Norio Wakamoto

Watch that second trailer again knowing that Fiorun is Dunban's sister. I got the wrong idea when she offered to feed him.
Before you ask, Star Fox Wii is fake.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
john tv said:
Any review scores?
Supposedly these are them, but I haven't seen scans to confirm.

Nier Replicant (PS3) - 10/8/8/8
Nier Gestalt (Xbox 360) - 10/8/8/8
Superstars V8 Racing (Xbox 360) – 6/7/6/6
Knights in the Nightmare (PSP) – 8/8/7/8
Ys: Felghana no Chikai (PSP) – 8/7/8/8
Disgaea Infinite (PSP) – 7/7/8/7
Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra (Xbox 360) – 6/6/6/5
Naruto Shippuden: Ninjutsu Zenkai! Cha-Crash! (NDS) – 6/6/6/7

Averon

New Level 5 Game
-Platform: "Centered on a system that's not yet in this world, it will expand to other systems. It will be this image."
-The game is large scale

What's with the habit this gen of being so damn cryptic about what console a game will appear on? It's annoying.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Averon said:
What's with the habit this gen of being so damn cryptic about what console a game will appear on? It's annoying.
I don't they companies are officially allowed to announce 3DS titles yet, as no one has.

eggandI

Banned
New Level 5 Game
-The game is large scale

First 3DS/PSP2 title revealed?

Cep

Banned
What did KitN Ds get?

I was planning on waiting for the PsP game, but it does not seem to be as good...

lyre

Averon said:
That just means it's for the Roid, or any mobile phone slated for the future.

lyre said:

Good point, I was thinking 3DS too until you pointed out that the Roid exists. I suppose that means it won't likely see the light of day outside of Japan?

EmCeeGramr said:
UH EXCUSE ME BUT
:lol

Japan's marriage rate to skyrocket!!

Jonnyram

lyre said:
Roid is out already. It could easily be for 3DS, PSP2, Natal, Move, Wii-don't-have-a-heart-attack-peripheral.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Nier got a decent score. I hope the game is decent.

Nirolak said:
Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra (Xbox 360) – 6/6/6/5

I hope this isn't because it's a poor port. I don't pay attention to reviews though so maybe this is in line with other shooters. Any info?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
iconoclast said:
I hope this isn't because it's a poor port. I don't pay attention to reviews though so maybe this is in line with other shooters. Any info?
I'm concerned about the porting job as well, but doesn't famitsu score Cave shooters low as hell anyways?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wonder if Atlus will be bringing over Class of Heroes PS3 to the West...

Jonnyram

InfiniteNine said:
I'm concerned about the porting job as well, but doesn't famitsu score Cave shooters low as hell anyways?
Famitsu is usually political over how much a publisher advertises in their mag, but this one probably has a little more politics than usual thanks to the drama surrounding it. That and it's not exactly the best shmup ever, either.

larvi

Nirolak said:
This was a pretty uneventful issue.

Class of Heroes 2G [PS3]
-It seems to be an enhanced port of the second game
-Includes voice work, enhanced character editing, and more

Wasn't CoH already a port from a PS2 game, so this will be a port of a port?

Tain

Famitsu is usually political over how much a publisher advertises in their mag, but this one probably has a little more politics than usual thanks to the drama surrounding it. That and it's not exactly the best shmup ever, either.

wait. Ketsui?

That and it's not exactly the best shmup ever, either.

...Ketsui?

are we rollin' with that insert credit review or something here

Jesus, what does a 10 and three 8s mean? Is that where they paid the fee for a single 10, and the fee for "no score lower than an 8," but didn't pay for any 9s? That's a weird score. Oh, to be a fly on the cash-papered wall.

seady

I remember the very first game revealed for the DS and PSP were Feel the Magic (or Super Mario 64 DS?) and Death Jr.
I was so excited back then.

Solune

larvi said:
Wasn't CoH already a port from a PS2 game, so this will be a port of a port?

No I don't think so. There was Class of Heroes for PSP and it's sequel Class of Heroes 2 but that hasn't been localized as of yet.

Gravijah

Kobun Heat said:
Jesus, what does a 10 and three 8s mean? Is that where they paid the fee for a single 10, and the fee for "no score lower than an 8," but didn't pay for any 9s? That's a weird score. Oh, to be a fly on the cash-papered wall.

Companies realized that paying for all 10s made everyone suspicious, so they decided to start paying for lower scores so they look more legit.

mutsu

Jonnyram said:
Roid is out already. It could easily be for 3DS, PSP2, Natal, Move, Wii-don't-have-a-heart-attack-peripheral.

Considering that games for Move and Natal has so far already been announced, there's really no reason to be so secretive if it were for those devices.

3DS game with a port to PSP without 3D seems more likely to me.

GCX

Didn't Level 5 trademark "Time Travellers" or something like that a while ago.

Probably a 3DS launch title.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I want to think Nier is a good game, but 1) it comes out at a very bad time in my gaming schedule, and 2) Replicant is the only one I'm interested in, and I'm really not all that inclined to import it.

Nirolak said:
New Level 5 Game
-The game is large scale

What does that mean "It will be this image"?

Nirolak said:
Lost Planet 2 [360/PS3/PC]
-Frank West
-Wesker (we knew this one)
-Monster Hunter Costume (PS3 exclusive)

They should've also mentioned Dom and Marcus 360 exclusive. Also I find it ironic that MH costume is PS3 exclusive while MHF is coming in June and is 360 exclusive.

Xater

An "early" 3DS title from level 5 would be cool.

I also kinda like the MH costumes for LP2. That's way more fitting than the guys from Gears. :lol

Pooya

AranhaHunter said:
They should've also mentioned Dom and Marcus 360 exclusive. Also I find it ironic that MH costume is PS3 exclusive while MHF is coming in June and is 360 exclusive.
It would be great if they used UC2 costumes in the PS3 version instead of MH, MH is a bit generic looking.

DiscoJer

mutsu said:
3DS game with a port to PSP without 3D seems more likely to me.

And maybe to PSN/XBLA (and iPhone). You saw that with stuff like PuzzleQuest. Charge full price on the first platforms, then release it for $15 and less on other ones.

Jonnyram said:

Ketsui is one of the most played SHMUP ever, people is still playing for hiscores nowadays, after... how many years have been passed since it was released ?
It's one of the most awaited Cave port, considering it was planned for PS2.
AFAIK the 2 titles people was requesting the most for a home console porting were Ketsui and Guwange (and both come on 360...)

i don't know how it could be called "not exactly the best shmup ever"....

About the score, 5pb got a terrible feedback for DDP Black Label Extra port, the game is heavily bugged and also they stolen some part of the code from PS2's DDP DOJ.
I really hope the game is not bugged as DDP BLE was, and maybe the reason behing the low score is about the "old gameplay, not innovative" excuse they usually use for shmups

iconoclast said:

Yeah this is a little worrying, but as others have said, Famitsu generally scores shmups low so I'm not too concerned :)

danmaku

Moor-Angol said:
Ketsui is one of the most played SHMUP ever, people is still playing for hiscores nowadays, after... how many years have been passed since it was released ?
It's one of the most awaited Cave port, considering it was planned for PS2.
AFAIK the 2 titles people was requesting the most for a home console porting were Ketsui and Guwange (and both come on 360...)

i don't know how it could be called "not exactly the best shmup ever"....

About the score, 5pb got a terrible feedback for DDP Black Label Extra port, the game is heavily bugged and also they stolen some part of the code from PS2's DDP DOJ.
I really hope the game is not bugged as DDP BLE was, and maybe the reason behing the low score is about the "old gameplay, not innovative" excuse they usually use for shmups

IIRC Mushi Futari and Death Smiles scored higher than 6/6/6/5, not much but still higher. Maybe because Ketsui hasn't HD graphics and 5PB didn't buy any advertising space on Famitsu? I hope so. All the comments I read about the port quality were quite good.

Top Bottom