• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Famitsu - April 16th 2010

Emotions

mutsu said:
hm... given that art, maybe it is a PSP2 game afterall? I know it is just a piece of art, but its details may be wasted if it's not on some decent hardware.

3DS won't be decent? source?

In case anyone cares, I checked the Famitsu reviews today and all the complaints were no high-res/not much new content (modes) added.

Zzzzz

Meaningless.

Sweet. I was just kinda worried it would turn out to be a bad port or something, but all the positive impressions from the last event (MS shooting fest? can't remember) stopped me from getting too paranoid.

Should have my copy in a couple weeks, can't wait!

pulga

Banned
mutsu said:
hm... given that art, maybe it is a PSP2 game afterall? I know it is just a piece of art, but its details may be wasted if it's not on some decent hardware.

Most ridiculous thing I've heard all week. :lol Where does one even begin tearing apart such an awful post?

TheChaos

The names for Xenoblade's hero and heroine could be vaguely heard in last week's trailer. Famitsu has a more formal introduction to the characters:

Shulk
The main character. A fan of literature. He heads off on a journey with his friends to defeat the Kishin troops who attacked his village. Race: Homs, Age: 18, Height: 171cm, Voice: Shintaro Asanuma

Fiorun
The heroine. Childhood friend of Shulk and little sister of Dunban (below). Race: Homs, Age: 18, Height: 160cm, voice: Eri Nakao

Dunban
The shirtless guy from the trailer. Hero of the Homs people, he used the Monado sword and defeated many Kishin army troops. He was injured during a major confrontation 1 year back and is now healing. Race: Homs, Age: 30, Height 180cm, voice: Ryo Horikawa

Seriously, stop it, JRPG developers. Stop with the cliches. No. Stop it. [/petergriffin]

Xater

AranhaHunter said:
Monster Hunter Freedom is coming to the 360.

Frontier and we don't even know if that will ever find it's way out of Japan. I'm also pretty sure that he wants to see more than just a cheap port.

adversesolutions said:
In case anyone cares, I checked the Famitsu reviews today and all the complaints were no high-res/not much new content (modes) added.

Zzzzz

Meaningless.

Good to know, thanks for the info. OT but will you be doing an official thread for it? The ESP II and Futari ones were excellent :)

Also, one week 'til release day! :D

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Good to know, thanks for the info. OT but will you be doing an official thread for it? The ESP II and Futari ones were excellent :)

Also, one week 'til release day! :D

No I won't.

But I'd definitely contribute if you're interested. :D :D

duckroll said:
http://www.level5.co.jp/products/timetravelers/index.html

Level 5 opens another awesome official site for a game which will never be released. This time they have topped themselves by not even listing a genre for the game! Genre: Undecided! Wow! I'm surprised there isn't a tagline for the game which says "If you want more information, you will need to travel to the future." :lol

Thinking about it, Nintendo and Level 5 should really team up to do a game, that way we could have a proper game announcement date for the first time in both companies...

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Ketsui launch gafcast appearance maybe, Adverse?

not sure whats happening, running behind schedule on April, let alone May! :D

Magypsy23

Banned
9gj56r.jpg

Sweet.

My favorite developer is also the one that announces the most games.

And it does not seem like Sengoku Baseball has anything to do with Time Travelers after all. Or there is some crazy twist that the image above is not illustrating very well.

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Haven't seen it mentioned in here, but a new Taiko no tatsujin game is coming to the DS on the 1st July :)

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/04/15/new_taiko_drum_master/

Oh cool! I was just wondering when the next Taiko would be announced, and here it is !

And I'm very pleased to see that the opening for HeartCatch Precure is included in the partial song list on the Famitsu website! A few weeks back when HCP began, I instantly thought that if a new Taiko were to be announced, they would include that opening. I'm glad I was right :D

yankee666

Any new info on the 3DS? i remember last week preview mention something about 3DS news/ info for this issue or im wrong?

yankee666

Jonnyram said:
E3. Jesus, how hard can it be to understand this.

Sorry if i offend you by asking a simple question. I UNDERSTAND that the FULL reveal of the 3DS is going to take place at E3, it just that any simple info, interview or news about the system is good enough for me. Thats why im asking if ther is any news/ info/ inter on this week Famitsu, thats all

faridmon

Stumpokapow said:
Level 5 is working on or has put on hold:
Ninokuni - TBA 2010
Ninokuni, console version - TBA TBA
White Knight Chronicles 2 - TBA TBA
Layton 5 - TBA 2010
Layton 6 - TBA TBA
Inazuma Eleven 3 - Q2 2010
Inazume Eleven, console version - TBA TBA
Ushiro - TBA TBA
Cardboard Senki - TBA 2010