• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weird/fever dreams about games and gaming in general

emivita

Have you ever had weird dreams about games and gaming in general? I had some in the past, but last night it was SO weird that I surely won't forget any time soon and deserves to be told.

In this dream, I was in my room watching one of those Geoff Keighley showcases on TV, and just before it ended, there was that "one more thing" moment where he told something like: "Hey guys, I know you were eagerly waiting for a Hellblade 2 trailer. You want it that bad, I know. Aaaand here it is!".
Trailer started with a long red haired woman from the back, walking with a big-ass sword... "Wait a minute," I thought. That's NOT Hellblade 2. Then, fucking Heavenly Sword 2 logo appeared. Nice trolling, Geoff!
Trailer was beautiful, it had that Sony's visual and musical quality signature to which we are accustomed. Story was something along the lines of (spoiler for those who haven't played the first game) Nariko being in some sort of Heaven after her demise and needing to find a way back on Earth and help people there to fight some unspecified menace. I could also recognize Kai's voice off-screen telling something I don't recall. Kind of cheesy, I suppose.
Then, things started to be reeeaally weird. Along the way, Nariko was joined by a little ghostly deer (kind of her mascot) and a goat. The trailer then showed a 2D endless runner gameplay section with Nariko on goat-back jumping cliffs, avoiding obstacles and collecting stuff. I wasn't in my room anymore, but in a sort of Meta-verse room filled with other people watching the showcase, including some NeoGAF users. That cringeful gameplay section dragged on for too long and all of the people in the room were mocking and saying "Is the entire game like this?" to whom I defensively reply aloud: "WHAT THE F**K YOU TALKING ABOUT?". Then I heard someone calling out my name aloud, as to scold me (probably one of NeoGAF mods haha) and I woke up jump scared and confused.
And no, I didn't take any pills or ate a lot before sleep. I'm an avid and expert lucid dreamer though and use WILD techniques, but this wasn't a lucid dream. I think it's some upper Entity (Morpheus?) that likes to troll me and fuck my dreams. And probably too much NeoGAF.

So, tell me about your weird dreams you had! I'm curious! And please, only gaming-related dreams :messenger_grinning_sweat:.

Top Bottom