• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wendy's bringing back their Taco Salad just in time for National Taco Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2016/10/taco-salad-returns-to-wendys-in-time-for-national-taco-day.html

Just in time to celebrate National Taco Day tomorrow, Wendy's has brought back the Taco Salad for a limited time.

Originally introduced back in the 1980s, the Taco Salad was eventually discontinued back in 2010 so it's been off the menu for about six years now.

Wendy's Taco Salad features a blend of iceberg and Romaine lettuce topped off with the chain's signature chili, diced tomatoes, and shredded cheddar cheese. Tortilla chips, sour cream, and salsa are provided on the side to add as you see fit.

The suggested price for the Taco Salad is $5.99 for a full-sized salad and $3.99 for a half-sized portion (may vary).

Photo via Wendy's.

Nutritional Info - Wendy's Taco Salad - full size
Calories - 660 (from Fat - 290)
Fat - 32g (Saturated Fat - 13g)
Sodium - 1820mg
Carbs - 63g (Sugar - 18g)
Protein - 32g

g4jeefB.jpg

Yes! Yes! Yes!!!

I have been waiting YEARS for this to come back!

I've been ordering their "chili salad" off their secret menu as a substitute but it was not the same. So glad the real deal is back. Thank You based Dave Thomas!!

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
This sounds weird. I don't thinks it's been 6 years for my local Wendy's, maybe it has but I'm thinking only a year or two.

Messing with my mind man

I hate taco salads so much and that looks even more unappetizing than they usually do.

When the beauty shot of your product looks that gross, you should hit the drawing board

rjinaz

ehh not digging it for $6. Pay a couple more bucks and it will get you a taco bowl someplace else. Of course there are a lot of fast Mexican places here in Phoenix.

Glad it's back though for people that missed it.

So I went to Wendy's and ordered the taco salad. I never had it before, they gave me a bag of nacho chips, chili, salad, sour cream, and salsa to put it all together myself.

Was it always like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom