• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell recycles ingredients again to unveil new Grilled Stuft Nacho

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.brandeating.com/2013/12/news-taco-bell-new-grilled-stuft-nacho.html

VQ09GVL.jpg

YsodTNx.jpg

Taco Bell will be serving up new, limited-time Grilled Stuft Nacho starting tomorrow, Thursday, December 19th.

:D

Designed as a more portable version of classic nachos, the Grilled Stuft Nacho comes in a grilled flour tortilla that folded to resemble a triangular giant tortilla chip. Inside the tortilla is a filling of seasoned beef, new zesty nacho sauce, reduced-fat sour cream, warm nachos cheese sauce, and red tortilla strips for crunch.
: x
When will this idiots learn that this taste like shit?

The Grilled Stuft Nachos carries a suggested price of $1.29 each.
HA!

These will be $2.50 AT LEAST at my colluding local chains. These scum franchise owners are like the OPEC of Taco Bell.

geeko

Had one of these last night. Tasted alright, like a beefy nacho griller, but it was pretty flat and really floppy. For some reason I thought it would be more rigid like a crunch wrap. It was about the size of my hand, and I don't have little girly hands.

SegaShack

Why must they always get rid of the beefy crunch burrito, it should not be limited time. Would go there so much if it was always there.

This looks good though too, a new arrangement of the beefy crunch burrito.

Exactly what I was thinking. Except it removes the crunchwrap's lettuce, which I'm thankful for. Always felt the lettuce ruined the consistency and temperature of the crunchwrap.

Actually, now I think it more closely resembles the ingredients of a loaded griller. The stuft nacho is basically a triangular loaded griller.

pdp_griller_beefy_nacho_1.png

Chojin

After getting diagnosed with diabetes I found that pretty much the only thing at Taco Bell that won't eventually make my prick rot off is the fire sauce, which surprisingly has no HFC or sugar in it.

I always grab a fistful of the fire sauce packets every time I pass by it at the mall now.

Also, LOW FAT Sour Cream you say? Well shit, thats one healthy nachoburritosharkfin.

I secretly miss and crave shitty ass Taco Bell. Maybe its Stockholm Syndrome, it'll pass... I hope.

After getting diagnosed with diabetes I found that pretty much the only thing at Taco Bell that won't eventually make my prick rot off is the fire sauce, which surprisingly has no HFC or sugar in it.

I always grab a fistful of the fire sauce packets every time I pass by it at the mall now.

Also, LOW FAT Sour Cream you say? Well shit, thats one healthy nachoburritosharkfin.

I secretly miss and crave shitty ass Taco Bell. Maybe its Stockholm Syndrome, it'll pass... I hope.

At least you aren't totally limited thanks to many QSR joints serving healthier alternatives. Can you eat Burger King's satisfries? They're not bad!

Chojin

At least you aren't totally limited thanks to many QSR joints serving healthier alternatives. Can you eat Burger King's satisfries? They're not bad!

Haven't tried, petty much the only thing that isn't catastrophically bad for me is Wendy's Chili.

Satisfries are pure carbs, potatoes in general aren't really good for me. I haven't eaten a french fry in two months :|

I cut up zucchini into straws and fry them up, its not the same but at least I can eat it with low sugar ketchup mixed in with sriracha.

Haven't tried, petty much the only thing that isn't catastrophically bad for me is Wendy's Chili.

Satisfries are pure carbs, potatoes in general aren't really good for me. I haven't eaten a french fry in two months :|

I cut up zucchini into straws and fry them up, its not the same but at least I can eat it with low sugar ketchup mixed in with sriracha.

When I make fries at home, I dip them in sriracha. It's better than ketchup imo. Hopefully once you get your insulin levels under control you'll be able to have more "cheat" days so you can try satisfries :) . I come from a family with a line of heart disease and diabetes so I'm sure I'll get them eventually even with a decent diet. My mom is already hypoglycemic.

Chojin

When I make fries at home, I dip them in sriracha. It's better than ketchup imo. Hopefully once you get your insulin levels under control you'll be able to have more "cheat" days so you can try satisfries :) . I come from a family with a line of heart disease and diabetes so I'm sure I'll get them eventually even with a decent diet. My mom is already hypoglycemic.

Well my A1C is at a 7 so its not really that out of control I need to try to get it down to 6.5 which will hopefully be the case when I'm due for another in february. My fasting BG hovers between 100 and 120 every day and in the past month and a half of my BG diary I've kept has only spiked up to 160 three times (oddly enough in the morning when I checked and haven't eaten anything for at least 9 or more hours, likely my liver shitting sugar into my system due to fasting).

I'm on Metformin and it seems to keep it in control. As for "cheat days" I cut out all fast food mostly because of eating habits. My goal is to go from 280 to 180 by next year december, I'm already at 250 in the past two months but the fatter you are the easier it is to lose the weight. Cooking my own meals, reasonable portions and lots of real food that's not full of sugar and starch is my goal. I used to eat Taco Bell or some other fast food at least twice a week before and it didn't really do me any favors. I mean I could probably get away with eating a fresca taco and doing some extra excercises but really its about my eating habits. :)

I do have a cheat day though, I make sushi, its a bit of rice and I found if I make a few rolls and eat them my BG doesn't spike TOO much, so its the one thing I can really get into without feeling too guilty. Not like when I'd order a grilled stuffed burito and two meat and potato burritos and be in a food coma the last half of work :p Then I'd get into a guilt circle and eat my way out of it when I get home.

What I'll probably do sometime is get some satsifries and eat a few and give the rest to my wife. She's too skinny!

Well my A1C is at a 7 so its not really that out of control I need to try to get it down to 6.5 which will hopefully be the case when I'm due for another in february. My fasting BG hovers between 100 and 120 every day and in the past month and a half of my BG diary I've kept has only spiked up to 160 three times (oddly enough in the morning when I checked and haven't eaten anything for at least 9 or more hours, likely my liver shitting sugar into my system due to fasting).

I'm on Metformin and it seems to keep it in control. As for "cheat days" I cut out all fast food mostly because of eating habits. My goal is to go from 280 to 180 by next year december, I'm already at 250 in the past two months but the fatter you are the easier it is to lose the weight. Cooking my own meals, reasonable portions and lots of real food that's not full of sugar and starch is my goal. I used to eat Taco Bell or some other fast food at least twice a week before and it didn't really do me any favors. I mean I could probably get away with eating a fresca taco and doing some extra excercises but really its about my eating habits. :)

I do have a cheat day though, I make sushi, its a bit of rice and I found if I make a few rolls and eat them my BG doesn't spike TOO much, so its the one thing I can really get into without feeling too guilty. Not like when I'd order a grilled stuffed burito and two meat and potato burritos and be in a food coma the last half of work :p Then I'd get into a guilt circle and eat my way out of it when I get home.

What I'll probably do sometime is get some satsifries and eat a few and give the rest to my wife. She's too skinny!

Well yeah you don't want to go on a junk food frenzy for your cheat day, but maybe grab a grilled stuffed burrito as your entree and eat it with a spinach salad and another green vegetable. I have total respect for your restraint shown thus far from FF items, and if you don't have those cravings anymore than by all means get them out of your life forever. But if you do get a craving, maybe just get one item every now and then accompanied with healthier choices to satisfy those cravings. And if the portion is too much. just give the rest to your wife like you mentioned!

woodypop

Actually, now I think it more closely resembles the ingredients of a loaded griller. The stuft nacho is basically a triangular loaded griller.

pdp_griller_beefy_nacho_1.png
If it actually tastes like that loaded griller, then =(

The Beefy Nacho Griller is my least favorite of the three. I actually dislike it.

jwk94

I just had one of these for dinner. Surprisingly enough, I loved it. The cheese is disgusting though so I dabbed some hot sauce to take away the cheesy taste. I'll probably order this often. I didn't taste any sour cream though.

Atlantis

It was $1.29 and tasted great. Gonna be a new regular for me.

Looks like they're still learning how to fold it right though :/

It's kind of a pain in the ass to fold quickly and always feel the corners end up empty no matter how much I spread the ingredients. I'd never even consider passing out one that looked like THAT though.

I wonder if ordering this, a Triple Steak Stack, and a Smothered Chicken Burrito would finish me off.

Triple Steak Stacks are gone with the arrival of the Grilled Stuft Nacho.

I was just about to make this thread, as I was out and noticed a new promo poster in the local Taco Bell window.

Needless to say, the thing is DELICIOUS. and cheap too.

livestOne

I just had one of these for dinner. Surprisingly enough, I loved it. The cheese is disgusting though so I dabbed some hot sauce to take away the cheesy taste. I'll probably order this often. I didn't taste any sour cream though.
You didn't taste any sour cream and the cheese was digusting but you loved it, wat

I got one today. The clerk did not know what button to press on the register, and a bunch of people had to come over and help her find it. Must have been the first person to order one. It tasted like a crunch wrap.

Atlantis

the cantina steak quesadilla is better and cheaper.

This hasn't been available at my store for months. Maybe it's a regional thing.

Given the malleable nature of Taco Bell's menu, you could probably purchase a handful of other products and assemble your own.

The steak for the Triple Steak Stack was unique to it, so you can't. This window included something about new steak but we haven't received it yet so I couldn't say whether or not it's the same thing.

Brought these home for my family yesterday. We all loved them. At a $1.29 its a good size for that price. I think they use the same size tortilla as a crunchwrap supreme, but fold it into a triangle instead of a pentagon.

bcl0328

yea, this thing is almost 60 carbs, but i want to try it anyway...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
"Recycled ingredients" gave me the initial thought that they were taking spent or half-eaten food and re-using it. I was actually more surprised when I read the OP to see that I was mistaken.

Just because a machine did all the chewing and digesting doesn't mean you're wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom