• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell recycles ingredients again to unveil new Grilled Stuft Nacho

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2013/12/news-taco-bell-new-grilled-stuft-nacho.html

Taco Bell will be serving up new, limited-time Grilled Stuft Nacho starting tomorrow, Thursday, December 19th.

Designed as a more portable version of classic nachos, the Grilled Stuft Nacho comes in a grilled flour tortilla that folded to resemble a triangular giant tortilla chip. Inside the tortilla is a filling of seasoned beef, new zesty nacho sauce, reduced-fat sour cream, warm nachos cheese sauce, and red tortilla strips for crunch.

The Grilled Stuft Nachos carries a suggested price of $1.29 each.

If you're wondering how it actually taste/looks, I tried it a while back while it was being tested.

Also being introduced tomorrow is a limited-time BCS motif on Taco Bell's Variety 12-pack. The new packaging is meant to commemorate the final year of the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) for college football (of which Taco Bell is a sponsor).

The Variety 12-Pack comes with 6 Crunchy Tacos, 2 Fiery Doritos Locos Tacos (DLTs), 2 Nacho Cheese DLTs, and 2 Cool Ranch DLTs for $12.99. You can also build your own.

Nutritional Info - Taco Bell Grilled Stuft Nacho (194g)
Calories - 570 (290 from Fat)
Fat - 32g (Saturated Fat - 7g)
Sodium - 960mg
Carbs - 56g (Sugar - 6g)
Protein - 14g

VQ09GVL.jpg

YsodTNx.jpg

"Recycled ingredients" gave me the initial thought that they were taking spent or half-eaten food and re-using it. I was actually more surprised when I read the OP to see that I was mistaken.

jred2k

I always thought that using a single "t" instead of "ed" was the better option. I'm glad Taco Bell has finally proven me right.

Thai

Bane was better.
To be fair, all of tex mex food is just a few basic ingredients recycled in reconfigured in different ways.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I bought that Doritos taco box and a number 5. I wasn't full. Yet I go to order two carne asada burritos for 4.50 a piece at a authentic Mexican restaurant and I'm full the entire day. I just don't think Taco Bell gives you a large amount of food for the money.

I cringe when I hear people say all Mexican food taste the same.

potam

Banned
I bought that Doritos taco box and a number 5. I wasn't full. Yet I go to order two carne asada burritos for 4.50 a piece at a authentic Mexican restaurant and I'm full the entire day. I just don't think Taco Bell gives you a large amount of food for the money.

I cringe when I hear people say all Mexican food taste the same.

Wut

bjork

They should just sell nothing but double-decker tacos, because it is the pinnacle of low-rent mexican drive-thru food. All this other shit is just Marge reusing the pink suit.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I think it looks like a stealth bomber delivering a payload of deliciousness.

Jarate

Banned
We need to get a class action lawsuit going against Taco Bell for having a monopoly over Baja Blast

If I could get 60$ from EA for their NFL monopoly, then I should be able to get the same amount from Taco Bell

Just pay me in Baja Blast

Ominym

Banned
Taco Bell is one of the few restaurants where I can see the food they come up with and laugh. It's amazing. I'd love to sit down with a Taco Bell food scientist and just see the kind of stuff that goes through their head.

Jarate

Banned
Taco Bell is one of the few restaurants where I can see the food they come up with and laugh. It's amazing. I'd love to sit down with a Taco Bell food scientist and just see the kind of stuff that goes through their head.

I'd imagine the laboratory is dank, when you open the door, a faint smoke cloud pours from out of the room.

In the middle, is a buffet like design that has beef, nacho cheese, tortilla, and sour cream. Next to them are various snack foods

Next to the buffet, there's a couch, Dark Side of the Moon is playing in the background, and there's a Bob Marley poster hung up above the couch

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

What's a quesadilla on the list? I had the nacho taco box with two nacho tacos and a bean burrito then ordered a quesadilla with its soft taco. I made it fresco and threw the drinks away to save calories. It was under 1200 from what I calculated. I just wasn't full.

Just ate one of these for lunch, and I'm failing to see what was so nacho-y about it. You could substitute nacho cheese for the shredded cheese and lettuce on a Crunchwrap Supreme and get better results.

Gonna stick to the Happier Hour $1 menu, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom