• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Westerado: Double Barreled |OT| When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk

Cade

I think it's just
A) an unknown quantity
B) not a platformer, so people aren't quite sure what to make of it whereas it's easy to draw comparisons for Volgarr and SHODN
C) it's more expensive than they were, I think

But I wouldn't give up hope yet. I've seen a couple people on my friends list buying it and I've been pimping it out to people who ask me about it, wrote a long and detailed review, etc. I think it'll come into its own. It hasn't been that long either.

I think it's just
A) an unknown quantity
B) not a platformer, so people aren't quite sure what to make of it whereas it's easy to draw comparisons for Volgarr and SHODN
C) it's more expensive than they were, I think

But I wouldn't give up hope yet. I've seen a couple people on my friends list buying it and I've been pimping it out to people who ask me about it, wrote a long and detailed review, etc. I think it'll come into its own. It hasn't been that long either.
I don't think it's that unknown. Last year, everyone from Destructoid to Rock Paper Shotgun were praising the flash game.

Cade

I don't think it's that unknown. Last year, everyone from Destructoid to Rock Paper Shotgun were praising the flash game.

I meant more like that there's not really big high-profile reviews, the gameplay isn't easily comparable to something (Volgarr to Castlevania, Ghouls and Goblins, SHODN to Ninja Gaiden etc). I do remember the Flash game being publicized though yeah. RPS has reviewed Westerado but I didn't really see any other big ones.

ArjanN

I meant more like that there's not really big high-profile reviews, the gameplay isn't easily comparable to something (Volgarr to Castlevania, Ghouls and Goblins, SHODN to Ninja Gaiden etc). I do remember the Flash game being publicized though yeah. RPS has reviewed Westerado but I didn't really see any other big ones.

I think a lot of the big sites are pretty busy playing all the other releases, like MKX, Bloodborne etc. It's easy for something like this to get snowed under.

I think Giant Bomb is still going to do a quick look but they were having some controller issue.

Cade

I think a lot of the big sites are pretty busy playing all the other releases, like MKX, Bloodborne etc. It's easy for something like this to get snowed under.

I think Giant Bomb is still going to do a quick look but they were having some controller issue.

That's good, I'd hate for it to get swept under the rug (it really did come out in a time of other large releases). GB should give it some more life.

Zomba13

More people should be playing and talking about this! Game is cool!
I really liked how I found my man. I had actually talked to him earlier, he complained that it was too hot here and I said "well, we are in the desert" and I went off to do more quests. Eventually found enough to identify him and remembered I just spoke to him. I confronted him just to be sure (I didn't nail down the belt and I want to be sure I've got the right guy) and he admitted it when I pulled my gun and pressed him but he ran off and I couldn't get a shot off (I only hit his hat. No idea if it's scripted that you can't kill him when he's fleeing or if I got a (un)lucky shot off). His hideout is toooough and when you die you go right back to the start of it.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
So yeah, this just came out on X1. Remember the GB quicklook and wanting to play it. Think Ill pick it up with some Bing money. $7.99 right now.

bjork

I have it on PC but I might double dip. It's been long enough that I don't remember most of the little secret things. Pretty fun game though, I do remember that much.

Top Bottom