• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Westworld Season 2 trailer

Ed Harris and Jeffrey Wright. man this cast is still stacked even in the absence of Hopkins.

Thandie Newton actually ended up stealing the spotlight away from Evan Rachel Wood imo. Fun show, didn't like the writing of the season at times but as it got towards the end it got better. And that reveal with Wright was so good.

Understandable, but I liked the group think of everyone figuring shit out. It was really fun for me.

Yeah watching and speculating together was a great ride.

Putting my theories in and getting half of them right was the highlight of s1 for me. I don't think I would enjoy it half as much if I watch it alone. The Meave bits were too stupid.

I don't think s2 will provide nearly enough mysteries for me to care but I would watch it.

giphy.gif

"Cut. Alright E Rach - when you ride the horse we need you to...how do I put this...we need you to sort of...well..."

"Grind the horse like I'm fucking it?"

"Right."

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Ed Harris and Jeffrey Wright. man this cast is still stacked even in the absence of Hopkins.

Thandie Newton actually ended up stealing the spotlight away from Evan Rachel Wood imo. Fun show, didn't like the writing of the season at times but as it got towards the end it got better. And that reveal with Wright was so good.

I was disappointed when they left that big of a hint about Wright so early on. Kept thinking "nah..." then it really happened, eh

br3wnor

Wow.total surprise. Im certain HBO said that Westwolrd would be taking their time and wouldnt be back for a few years.

But its next year. Damn.

Yeah I remember them saying it was 2019 but I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's out next year. Loved first season so can't wait for this.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
As a small detail they revealed with this, is that apparently Teddy ain't so hung up about killing innocents along with Dolores.

He seemed to have this "oh my god what is she doing to everybody here, this is bad" face at the end of S1.

Joeku

"Cut. Alright E Rach - when you ride the horse we need you to...how do I put this...we need you to sort of...well..."

"Grind the horse like I'm fucking it?"

"Right."

That's what people look like riding horses, and that's how they have to fake it when they ride fake horse rigs in movies. I remember in the EE behind the scenes for Return of the King David Wenham talked about playing Faramir and filming the assault on Osgiliath RETURN OF THE KING SPOILERS https://youtu.be/N3qrhhMCJlI?t=2m5s and how he was told to move like he was fuckin' to appear to be riding a horse in close-up shots.

JS3DX

Season 1 was good on its own, but I think the producers REALLY wanted to get to this moment of the story, the real meat of it all: No more charades, no more simulation, just pure chaos, and a bigger picture that nobody knows where it leads to. I'm excited!

... btw, we need more of HER:

2OristU.png

Cipherr

They have to deliver with season 2 and 3 especially. This can be my show after GoT ends. Its coming along at the right time, they just need to make sure its well written.

jviggy43

The scope of this show is much bigger than "real deadly chaos in a western and samurai park."

I'm excited.
Agree to disagree. It's pretty much "real deadly chaos in a western and samurai park...with lost esque mystery and intrigue".

Was hoping season 1 would be more like deadwood meets ex machina and instead it was more like the walking dead meets lost.
Came for the robots and stayed for the quasi philosophy lessons.
Man I wish this was actually apart of the show.

Agree to disagree. It's pretty much "real deadly chaos in a western and samurai park...with lost esque mystery and intrigue".

Was hoping season 1 would be more like deadwood meets ex machina and instead it was more like the walking dead meets lost.

How was season 1 like The Walking Dead and "deadly chaos"? The season wasn't like that at all, till like the last few episodes and even then it was a revolt rather than killer robot rampage

jviggy43

How was season 1 like The Walking Dead and "deadly chaos"? The season wasn't like that at all, till like the last few episodes and even then it was a revolt rather than killer robot rampage
Walking dead in terms of brainless characters and plot holes everywhere to justify some cool action /horror scenes. You're right about the deadly chaos not being a correct phrasing since no one was in any actual harm in the park until the last episode (or those trying to over throw Hopkins but even then I have a sneaking suspicion we'll see some of those characters back for S2). I should have said "action" in a samurai and western park. I stand corrected.

jett

D-Member

You must've sleepwatched the show.

jviggy43

You must've sleepwatched the show.
Not at all. Maybe I'm jaded because my exposure to philosophy was rather high (one of my undergraduate degrees was in philosohy) but almost every interesting premise they could have explored was either completely superficial or baseline introductary in terms of content. They rarely truly explored the concepts they could have brought up and I found the discussions with the writers following each episode to be of more substance than anything in the actual show. Most of the time I found myself saying to their ideas "yeah it would be great if that was actually explored in the show rather than focusing on the mystery components". Which us why I brought up ex machine, which I found to be much more adequate in bringing up interesting philosophical questions and actually exploring them rather than a vague monologue to start or end the episode with.

Top Bottom