• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What after FF XV in this gen? FF XV-2 / XV-3 or FF XVI?

koutoru

Nomura said he was planning with sequels. Tabata wants to finish the story of FF15 with this one title
SE might permanently put Nomura on Kingdom Hearts duty so he might not even have time to do a XV sequal.

they'll get Toriyama to do a sequal instead

Turin

Banned
they'll get Toriyama to do a sequal instead

giphy.gif

Dark_castle

Ideal candidate to direct FFXVI: Hiroyuki Ito

Second ideal: Outsource directorial role to Sakaguchi (heh)

Third: Outsource directorial role to Yasumi Matsuno (heh)

Fourth: Yoshinori Kitase (no Toriyama, or only as cutscene director at most)

Fifth: Tomoya Asano (Silicon Studio)

Sixth: Takashi Tokita
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nomura should stick to KH series and general creative producer/ character design role.

Tabata can continue on with Type series and maybe XV sequel.

Toriyama should be transferred to mobile department.

Yoshida would probably be tied to ARR and future MMO instalments.

Turin

Banned
Ideal candidate to direct FFXVI: Hiroyuki Ito

Second ideal: Outsource directorial role to Sakaguchi (heh)

Third: Outsource directorial role to Yasumi Matsuno (heh)

Fourth: Yoshinori Kitase (no Toriyama, or only as cutscene director at most)

Fifth: Tomoya Asano (Silicon Studio)

Sixth: Takashi Tokita
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nomura should stick to KH series and general creative producer/ character design role.

Tabata can continue on with Type series and maybe XV sequel.

Toriyama should be transferred to mobile department.

Yoshida would probably be tied to ARR and future MMO instalments.

4046761-3000673610-clint.gif

Reveirg

It's a shame that Tokita has been relegated to handheld and mobile remakes for the last 15 years.

He was one of Chrono Trigger's directors and PE1's director. Definitely a talented designer.

And yes, I liked The Bouncer back in the days. I'm not touching it ever again, don't want to ruin those good memories ;;

Dark_castle

Yeah, I feel that Tokita deserves a chance to helm something major. He worked on:

Final Fantasy IV
Live a Live
Chrono Trigger
Parasite Eve
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy IV DS
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
Final Fantasy Dimensions

Never played the last two myself, but I heard they have their redeeming qualities. Would be interesting to see what this man could bring to the table.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
While XV's setting looks to be fantastic and right up my alley, I'd still rather a whole new world and gameplay system for XVI. Preferably back to turn-based, menu-driven battles. Agni's looked like a fairly interesting setting (aside from the stereotypical Arabic-looking terrorists with AK's), I wouldn't mind something like that. Just don't make me wait 6 years between entries again.

Top Bottom