• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What after FF XV in this gen? FF XV-2 / XV-3 or FF XVI?

butman

So GAF, i wonder if this gen we will finally have again 2 Mainline Offline FF after the XIII domination and the Online XIV of the past gen.

RGYbmfD.jpg

images are only for illustration purpose.

What do you want? What do you think will happen? What are your bets?

Trago

I think they'll stick with XV sequels due to all the time and money they spent developing this game and with their engine.

I'd rather have FF XVI though.

Diablos

Considering FFXV was first revealed (as Versus) in 2006 I'm not even going to bother thinking about what FFXVI would be. Who knows when it would ever be finished, let alone be announced.

I think they'll stick with XV sequels due to all the time and money they spent developing this game and with their engine.

I'd rather have FF XVI though.

This.

They'll want to make as much money as they can off XV and X III showed it was absolutely feasible.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
We already know they have assembled a team to work on 16(unfortunately toriyama is apart of it :()

*EDIT* ^ Disregard that bit guys, i fucked up on my info

They were able to hit the ground running with 15 because they just makeshifted a lot of what was there from versus into it. But i expect Agni to be 16 eventually.

Although i do also expect 15 2 and 3 as well, its just the nature of AAA production in Japan and wanting to get your money back, 15 is bound to cost them tons of years of assets and time just to let go after one entree

jiggle

FFXVI then FFVIIR was what verendus said

But surelySE will milk XV for a sequel or two
Hopefully no prompto

I seem to recall them saying around E3 '13 that the plan was to do a FFXV-2. It's been two years since then, though, so plans may have changed.

wmlk

We already know they have assembled a team to work on 16(unfortunately toriyama is apart of it :()

They were able to hit the ground running with 15 because they just makeshifted a lot of what was there from versus into it. But i expect Agni to be 16 eventually.

Although i do also expect 15 2 and 3 as well, its just the nature of AAA production in Japan and wanting to get your money back, 15 is bound to cost them tons of years of assets and time just to let go after one entree

Really? Gross.

This is totally untrue. We haven't gotten confirmation of any sorts that he's working on XVI.

yuraya

I doubt there will be another AAA FF game after XV. Considering how long it took them to release it and that console gaming is just not that big in Japan anymore. I would guess XVI will be a mobile/handheld game. Probably for new Nintendo handheld.

Nameless

Last generation lasted like 37 years and we only got one main line, single player Final Fantasy. I'm not expecting anything else save maybe a spin-off.

DSix

Banned
Well for one I'd prefer the inevitable XV sequels to be expansions of the main game where you keep your party and stuff, adding on to the existing game rather than something like XIII-2. That way it would be less work and free up all the manpower for FF16 directed by Ito.

KoopaTheCasual

Didn't Tabata explicitly say that Nomura's concept of a "Versus Epic" was canned and there's zero plans for sequels?

Spin-offs? I can see those happening by the truckload if FFXV is successful. But direct sequel? Not sure that's going to happen again *fingers crossed*

Uhhhh...since when? Nothing points to Toriyama being involved in any capacity.

Nomura said he planned for XV sequels but he's not longer in charge of the project, Tabata hasn't said anything about sequels and said they dont even plan DLC. You also have to keep in mind that FF sequels sell dramatically less than the mainline games, XIII-2 is better than XIII but it didn't sell anywhere near what XIII did. People want new Final Fantasy games with new worlds and characters, thats one of the best things about Final Fantasy.

I wouldn't be so sure about the XV sequels.

aerts1js

really!?

edit: I see a poster above clarified it... thank god

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???

You are sadly misinformed.

What SE have mentioned is that they formed a Final Fantasy committee, much like a producer role, to guide & look after the franchise. Toriyama is part of the committee among others, Tabata, etc.

To answer OP's question, I'm hoping they explore the lore of Agni's Philosophy for XVI but I'm positive this gen will be a continuation of XV storyline.

Athreous

Lightining Returns: In Final Fantasy XV :p

Jk xD

I'd love a XII/Valkyrie Profile 2 HD remasters and then:

Old style Final Fantasy, like IX *-*, with many fun moments, OMG, remake FF IX :p

Top Bottom