• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are Nintendo's teams working on now

Good to hear.

It's weird because Batallion Wars was one of the first Nintendo franchises I thought of when I saw the GamePad. I feel like it would fit like a glove.

What is Kuju Entertainment up to these days? Didn't they make the Wii version?

Kuju London = Headstrong Games.

No idea what the other Kuju studios are doing though.

So yes/no to the DKR thread?

This started as a 4chan rumor didnt it? I would say no.

I'll decide more in the morning, everyone else can also add their opinion, or someone can take the plunge themselves. :p I don't mind.

I know it originated at 4chan, but the topic is very popular in here, so discussion must be okay if the mods haven't intervened.

Plus I don't want to keep the main topic derailed more than it already has. :p

BD1

Banned
What is NST up to these days? I remember them making some DSiware games.

Think they'll ever go back to making bigger games like Wave Race, Metroid Prime Hunters, etc?

I remember this thread about NST: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=35688147

Ever since it was revealed that Hirokazu Yasuhara is working at NST, I've thought they are working on a new side scrolling platformer. It would seem odd to being on the co-creator of Sonic, just for him to develope DSi apps.

And if they are working on a side scrolling platformer with a guy like Yasuhara, my guess would be Nintendo handed them Donkey Kong Country. Retro is most likely not working on a DKC sequel, but Returns sold so strongly there has to be a sequel.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I don't understand why people think there's some type of science to Diddy Kong Racing 1's roster. Rare threw in a bunch of random animals and called it a day.

There actually was, though.

If I recall correctly, Rare was hoping to use that game in order to introduce various characters who could possibly lead there own game...Banjo, and to a lesser extent, Conker. I believe originally Timber was the main character.

It's just that, really, none of the characters were that appealing and the animal mascot phrase of video-gaming quickly died out around the same time.

I think we're close to getting some more news. After breaking the pattern of bi-monthly Directs airing in the latter part of the month, I can't imagine them leaving us in the dark for too long. That in addition to the Pokémon news on the 8th has me hopeful.

I know the games are there, I just wanna see them!

3DS
Brain Age: Concentration Training (SDD) [Feb]
Fire Emblem: Awakening (IS) [Feb]
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Chunsoft) [Mar]
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (SPD, EAD 1?, SPD 3) [Mar-Apr]
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (EAD 2) [Q2-Q3]
Jam with the Band (SDD) [Summer-Fall]
Wave Race (Monster Games) [Fall]
Alpha Dream Project [Fall-Winter]
3DS Legend of Zelda (EAD 3) [Holiday]

is the bolded anything other than hopeful speculation, or are there rumblings of this actually happening?

I've wanted a new waverace for a long time.

is the bolded anything other than hopeful speculation, or are there rumblings of this actually happening?

I've wanted a new waverace for a long time.

Nah, he mentioned it was a shot in the dark, don't know if there's been seperate rumblings. Monster is (most likely) making a racing game so it is a possibility though.

Something else to note is an insider strongly speculating that 1080º and Wave Race will be represented in a "Wii Sports U."

I am betting early next year you will see Wii Sports U. I am still betting that the game will feature a 1080 type game, and Wave Race type game in the package this time with analog controls. (whew) But we shall see. Hopefully NST, EAD Tokyo, EAD Kyoto, ND Cube and Retro all have exciting new games

Oersted

I'm pretty sure Nintendo outright purchased the Fatal Frame IP from Tecmo; so the chances are pretty good.

I know, thats one of my reasons to ask. The other one is Nintendo has also the distribution rights. So who is going to develop it? And for which console? If Nintendo wants it to be a handheld game, we will never see it on Wii U...

Oh man, the possibilities with Batallion Wars and GamePad are endless. Especially now that we have a better online infrastructure in place.

Did the Batallion Wars for Wii even sell that well?

This is one of the games I photoshopped back when the controller was first revealed.

bwiiu.jpg

Probably the right thread... How unlikely is a Fatal Frame Wii U title? And who would develop it.

and the other...

npcff.jpg

I've been so focused on what could be coming to the WiiU that I haven't even thought about the 3DS. What could be coming in Q3/4 for it? Mario & Luigi and Kirby? I think Zelda is (hopefully) a given. Surely we'll get announcements soon...

If I recall correctly, Rare was hoping to use that game in order to introduce various characters who could possibly lead there own game...Banjo, and to a lesser extent, Conker. I believe originally Timber was the main character.

This is correct. They were hoping people would recognize the characters from Diddy Kong Racing and spark interested in their future games (Banjo and Tiptup in Banjo-Kazooie, Conker in CBFD). IIRC Timber was supposed to get his own game too.

I always wanted to play as Pokemon on a kart racer, so this would be so surreal if it was all true. Such an odd crossover, but that adds to the charm. :)

bon

I wouldn't bother making a thread for that DKR rumor. I'm positive it's fake. They wouldn't put Dribble in without Spitz.
6Es7r.gif

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I always love posting this.

It's an exception to the rule, but still.

There was actually an interesting Smash rumor going around on GameFaqs the other week that people compared to this.

Guy claimed to be a Namco-Bandai PR representative with insider info.

Claimed Takamaru, King K. Rool, Little Mac, and Ridley were all in, and Dillon, Ghirahim, and Shulk were being worked on. There was also mention of a new character code-named "Debu" which is supposedly from the new Yoshi Wii U game.

The interesting thing for me is that he also revealed the full roster for the JoJo Bizarre Adventure PS3 game which he also knew due to his position of working to possibly localize it. So far, the list hasn't been wrong, but then again I don't think we've seen any new characters since it was posted.

There were basically three proofs he posted he claimed would prove his legitimacy:

* The roster for JoJo would check out. The Jump Festa trailer didn't contradict it, although it didn't show any new characters either, but they're revealing characters for that monthly about so we'll see.

* There'd be a Nintendo Direct on Brawl's Japanese release that would be a retrospective of the Smash Series with a bit of new information. He said a trailer was unlikely.

* "Debu" would be featured in the Yoshi game as a major character, assuming Yoshi Wii U is true.

There was actually an interesting Smash rumor going around on GameFaqs the other week that people compared to this.

Claimed Takamaru, King K. Rool, Little Mac, and Ridley were all in, and Dillon, Ghirahim, and Shulk were being worked on. There was also mention of a new character code-named "Debu" which is supposedly from the new Yoshi Wii U game.

The interesting thing for me is that he also revealed the full roster for the JoJo Bizarre Adventure PS3 game which he also knew due to his position of working to possibly localize it. So far, the list hasn't been wrong, but then again I don't think we've seen any new characters since it was posted.

There were basically three proofs he posted he claimed would prove his legitimacy:

* The roster for JoJo would check out. The Jump Festa trailer didn't contradict it, although it didn't show any new characters either, but they're revealing characters for that monthly about so we'll see.

* There'd be a Nintendo Direct on Brawl's Japanese release that would be a retrospective of the Smash Series with a bit of new information. He said a trailer was unlikely.

* "Debu" would be featured in the Yoshi game as a major character, assuming Yoshi Wii U is true.

Yeah I saw this too. It's interesting that both this and the DKR roster include Dillon.

BD1

Banned
This is correct. They were hoping people would recognize the characters from Diddy Kong Racing and spark interested in their future games (Banjo and Tiptup in Banjo-Kazooie, Conker in CBFD). IIRC Timber was supposed to get his own game too.

I dunno. I think it was more likely Conker and Banjo were properities being developed, they had the designs, and they put them in. It was a really clever way to get exposure on those characters, but the roster was mostly mindless.

Yeah I saw this too. It's interesting that both this and the DKR roster include Dillon.

Please don't believe those rumors. They are clearly made up.

’Debu' is a mild-to-medium derogatory term for a fat person in Japanese.

farnham

Banned
Probably the right thread... How unlikely is a Fatal Frame Wii U title? And who would develop it.

Well tecmo bothered to develop a remake for the then already dead wii.. I think fatal frame 4 did pretty decent numbers too.. All in all id say the probability is pretty high.

Krunch returning would make sense, as a Kremling he's the only original character that couldn't be used in a Rare project. Dixie and Tiny rplaced Banjo and Conker in the DS game, so no surprise there, either.

As for my thoughts on the smash list:

Takamaru
He makes sense. He's been a popular choice for Smash Speculation during the run up top brawl, and with his mini game in Nintendoland and the remake of his game in a recent Samurai Warriors title, there seems to be a lot of energy at Nintendo around the character that could lead to a revival.

King K. Rool
Makes sense with the growth of the Donkey Kong franchise to prominence, but aside from some Mario Sports titles, he hasn't really appeared since Rare's departure - being replaced in the series by new villains without a single figurehead.

Little Mac
Hugely demanded character whose series recently underwent a revival. Mostly western demand, but demand recognized on Japanese smash communities.

Ridley
Metroid needs a second character, and Ridley makes the most sense in a series with a (mostly intentional) dearth of significant characters. Also, massive demand.

Dillon
The commonly agreed upon symbol of Nintendo's new digital efforts, could borrow some moves from Sonic.

Ghirahim
A strange choice. A popular addition to a recent Zelda game, but not significant outside that one title. Still, the same argument could be made about Shiek.

Shulk
The face of one of the few character driven IPs Nintendo created this past generation- he makes sense.

"Debu"
The character will not have been around long enough to be certain if he'll take hold, but he'd fit in with Roy and Lucario as characters added to promote new titles.

Notable absences Palutena, Mii ... But there's probably more newcomers than the ones on the list even of this is true.

BowieZ

Banned
I've been so focused on what could be coming to the WiiU that I haven't even thought about the 3DS. What could be coming in Q3/4 for it? Mario & Luigi and Kirby? I think Zelda is (hopefully) a given. Surely we'll get announcements soon...
Well as I indicted in my posts on the first page, there is SO MUCH in the pipeline with studios not having released anything substantial (yet) in line with their historical release patterns, that if Nintendo wanted they could easily unleash a torrent through late/holiday 2013.

But the caveat to this is that Nintendo obviously will carefully space out these releases purely out of conservatism and sales maximisation, and maybe the "rich experience" games (New Zelda, Metroid 3DS, Xenoglobe) will get extra months in the oven, for that little extra touch of Nintendo magic™.

In fact, the games (most of which began production on or before Feb 2012) might have been planned to be ready to go in the case that Vita had succeeded. Now they can be more conservative.

Well as I indicted in my posts on the first page, there is SO MUCH in the pipeline with studios not having released anything substantial (yet) in line with their historical release patterns, that if Nintendo wanted they could easily unleash a torrent through late/holiday 2013.

But the caveat to this is that Nintendo obviously will carefully space out these releases purely out of conservatism and sales maximisation, and maybe the "rich experience" games (New Zelda, Metroid 3DS, Xenoglobe) will get extra months in the oven, for that little extra touch of Nintendo magic™.

In fact, the games (most of which began production on or before Feb 2012) might have been planned to be ready to go in the case that Vita had succeeded. Now they can be more conservative.

I guess the question is what games. What they release obviously needs to be diverse, and I think the combination of Zelda (adventure), Kirby (platformer), and M&L (RPG) would differ enough to be successful.

Sucks that everything comes back to "we'll see." These coming months are sure to be a great ride between the new consoles and Nintendo's first party stuff.

Qurupeke

Interesting indeed. The three proofs are important pieces to this puzzle. If one of them contradicts this, I think it's over. The first one is good, but if I remember right PaulGaleNetwork was accurate with Sony All Stars but the Metroid x StarFox was bullshit. So, I guess it can't confirm anything. The second one is the most important. Brawl's Japanese release date is 31th January. It's a Thursday btw, a possible day for a Nintendo Direct. If there is a retrospective then, I will personally believe the rumor. If not, it can officially be lies. The last one will be quite interesting, if the second proof is true. It will confirm Yoshi's Land.

Yoshi's Land is an interesting rumor... It all started with this listing in Miiverse but now we have seen many things that say that it's true. All of them are after that thought. When I heard this I thought that they were reffering to the Yoshi game in Nintendo Land but still...

And there's DKR2 now...Someone here said that a guy of Monster Games had died, that is crucial for the project. Still, it could only have been postponed. IF it's true then they will continue to work in it, possible with help from other Nintendo teams. Like Retro for example. Now the roster is quite interesting. If characters like KK Slider, Mallo and Dillon are in this would be sure be Nintendo All stars racing. We will probably learn about this project in a ND or E3.

So, the last ND was this December and was about the last few December games and some early 2013 games. I'm sure that there will be a ND this month but probably for games like FE:A and Luigi's Mansion 2. The question is... When we will have the next MEGATON ND?

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
If freaking R.O.B can get in I'm sure someone obscure like Takamaru can. After all thanks to Melee we have been blessed with Fire Emblem goodness. Except for the first GBA game with Roy in it...and the second game with Marth for DS in it.

Why Nintendo.

Effect

Likely has been said already but should be repeated so people aren't confused by the OP. Monolith Soft should be in the first party listing not the affiliates/contract list. It should be the same for Intelligent Systems as well I believe.

Hold on to yo butts, rumors at 4chan and GameFAQs (err) are buzzing that Monster Games is making Diddy Kong Racing for Wii U.

I can post the sources, but I don't know if they allow GFAQs and 4chan rumors?

The extra scary part?

I was dreaming of a DKR2 for Wii U last night. o_O Only it was by Retro, but had leaked art and... toys.

I would imagine the "pre-announcement" of Mario Kart U today either means this rumor is false or that the game isn't coming until 2014 or later. I don't see Nintendo releasing two mascot kart racers in the same year if they can spread them out a bit.

Glass Rebel

Excuse the bump but I thought it'd be interesting to have an update to this (read: I was bored). I took the list in the OP with some modifications, added confirmed projects, took out speculation and put games that haven't been released in all regions in parenthenses and in the affiliates group I put games that aren't published by Nintendo in square brackets.

EAD Kyoto Group No. 1 - Mr. Hideki Konno - Mario Kart 8
EAD Kyoto Group No. 2 - Mr. Katsuya Eguchi - Undisclosed Project
EAD Kyoto Group No. 3 - Mr. Eiji Aonuma - Wind Waker HD, Link Between Worlds, Zelda U
EAD Kyoto Group No. 4 - Mr. Hiroyuki Kimura - Undisclosed Project
EAD Kyoto Group No. 5 - Mr. Tadashi Sugiyama - Wii Fit U

EAD Tokyo Group No. 1 - Mr. Takao Shimizu - Undisclosed Project
EAD Tokyo Group No. 2 - Mr. Yoshiaki Koizumi - Super Mario 3D World

SPD Group No. 1 - Mr. Yoshio Sakamoto - (Tomodachi Collection: New Life), Undisclosed Project
SPD Group No. 2 - Mr. Hitoshi Yamagami - X with Monolithsoft
SPD Group No. 3 - Mr. Kensuke Tanabe - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze with Retro Studios
SPD Group No. 4 - Mr. Hiroshi Sato - Wii Party U with NdCube, Mario Party (3DS) with NdCube
Software Development & Design Department - Mr. Kouichi Kawamoto - (Brain Age: Concentration Training), Undisclosed Project

Monolith Soft - X (tentative title)
Monolith Soft Kyoto - Asset creation
Nintendo Software Technology - Undisclosed Project
NdCube - Wii Party U, Mario Party (3DS)
Retro Studios - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Affiliates / Other - Contracted Nintendo Projects

1-Up Studio - Unknown
Ambrella - Pokémon Rumble U
Arika - Unknown
Arzest - Yoshi's New Island
Alpha Dream - Unknown
Camelot - Mario Golf: World Tour
Curve Studios - Unknown
Game Freak - Pokémon X & Y, [Soliti Horse]
Ganbarion - [One Piece: Unlimited World RED]
Genius Sonority - [The Denpa Men 3]
Good Feel - Yoshi Yarn (Wii U)
Grezzo - Unknown
Grounding - Unknown
HAL Laboratory - Unknown
Headstrong Games - Art Academy (Wii U)
Intelligent Systems - Daigasso Band Brothers P with Nintendo SPD, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem (tentative title) with Atlus
Mitchell Corp - Unknown
Monster Games - Unknown
Next Level Games - Unknown
Paon - Unknown
Platinum Games - Bayonetta 2
Skip - (Chibi-Robo! Let's Go, Photo!)
Sora Ltd. - Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS with Namco Bandai
Syn Sophia - Unknown
Tose - Joy Sound U
Vanpool - Unknown

Weng

Thanks for the work. You forgot Camelot. They're working on Mario Golf: World Tour (3DS)

Edit:
EAD Kyoto Group No. 2 could be working on Animal Crossing U, Wii Sports U, Nintendo Land 2/DLC (believe), some other Wii Series or a 3DS game? Maybe two games at once.

EAD Kyoto Group No. 4 is probably working on two projects since they did NSMB2, NSMBU/NSLU as well as Pikmin 3 at the same time. A part of the Pikmin 3 team might be working on Pikmin 3 DLC. Since Nintendo said there won't be any more main NSMB titles this generation I have absolutely no idea what they could be working on, except for maybe New Super Toads U/New Super Peach U.

EAD Tokyo Group No. 1 shipped their last title in 2011, if there's nothing missing on Wikipedia. So we might see something from them in the near future.

Chrom

Monolith Soft has a Kyoto division that's working on a 3DS project, I believe. We got a teaser image for it ages ago.

Glass Rebel

Thanks for the work. You forgot Camelot. They're working on Mario Golf: World Tour (3DS)

Indeed, I did. Added, thanks :)

Monolith Soft has a Kyoto division that's working on a 3DS project, I believe. We got a teaser image for it ages ago.

duckroll found out from a recent interview that they're currently simply helping in asset creation and might be too small for a full project. I will add them though, thanks

Top Bottom