• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some Movies or TV shows that would make excellent Video Games?

levyjl1988

Banned
What movies or TV shows would make an excellent video game?

For me, it would be...

1. Kiki's Delivery Service

Studio Ghibli did really well with Ni No Kuni and Ni No Kuni 2. But having a Kiki's Delivery Service game would be amazing! You can fly on your broomstick, deliver parcels, explore, collect, etc.
It could be a mix of Gravity Rush, Saints Row the third using the flying motorcycle while listening to the radio, and Ni No Kuni aesthetic.

BULgorg.jpg

fKNkgVl.png

3esHqqd.jpg

1xamQ0X.jpg

cDxhfEB.jpg

TK66ksL.jpg

ajZDViU.jpg

QabFRBs.jpg

I'm sick of playing games with combat in every game, it would be nice to get more games like Animal Crossing, a game where you can actually enjoy the atmosphere, fly around, explore, learn about peoples lives like Majora's Mask, etc.
There is so much possibility in this game if done correctly.

2. Hamtaro

Little Hamster, Big Adventures.

Nintendo did it before with Hamtaro Ham-Hams Unite, Ham-ham Heartbreak, Rainbow Rescue.
Going around learning new vocabulary, interacting with other Hamsters, exploring, trying combinations of socialization, etc.
It's like make a 3D version similar to GROUNDED, a Honey I shrunk the Kids game, but with cute hamsters navigating the world and helping humans.

pvDQ1hq.jpg

GXR8CyC.jpg

aPY7BWk.jpg

3MUmJHN.jpg

wEG14ID.png

E4iFRLQ.png

AxQLkI6.jpg

r9HuO3v.gif

Customizing your own Ham-Ham would be amazing, it would be a success similar to Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Emoting with a wheel, going into others' conflict and being involved, problem-solving, etc.

Anyway, what movies or tv shows would make a great translation to a video game?

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Airwolf, Helicopter action game.
A-Team- brawler
Gladiator- Rome Arena game(Already exist as an Xbox game)
Weird Science - point and click adventure.

Nester99

John Wick

levyjl1988 levyjl1988 What did you think of Death Stranding as a "delivery game" ?
Obviously a different Atmosphere then KIKI's but i enjoyed the non combat main gameloop

Playing "Carto" atm for a new type of non combat map based loop.

Last edited:

levyjl1988

Banned
John Wick

levyjl1988 levyjl1988 What did you think of Death Stranding as a "delivery game" ?
Obviously a different Atmosphere then KIKI's but i enjoyed the non combat main gameloop

Playing "Carto" atm for a new type of non combat map based loop.
There is already a John Wick game, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wick_Hex

Also, I prefer more games where you spend less time on the ground.
Kiki's Delivery Service would be great as you can oversee the entire map and enjoy the atmosphere on a broomstick.
I want something different from the constant death and killing in video games.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
A really good Teminator game. Not the junk that comes every 4-5 years.

- Good SP campaign

- MP is where it's at. Rebels vs Terminators, Rebels vs Rebels or Terminators vs Terminators. If that is spread too thin, then pick rebels vs Terminators
- Rebels outnumber Terminators, but are weaker and have shittier gear, but can set traps. Terminators have vehicles, infrared vision, tons of hit points
- Skewed player counts like 64 vs 8 Terminators
- Terminators can be a mishmash of T-800s, T-1000s, flying vehicles, those big tank hunter killer things etc....
- Modern day maps and those awesome dark future maps

However, it seems every Terminator game created is some low budget crap.

Knight Rider would be better as a game than it was as a show.

Driving obviously as KITT, but also on-foot mission as Michael.

Big arena type vehicular combat against bosses like KARR and Goliath.

Mcgyver point and click, puzzle game
The big bang theory telltale series, would be an awesome, comedic game, lot of laughs
Beverly Hills cop, a Sleeping Dogs like title
The Mandalorian of course, too easy
Arrow

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Nip/Tuck

61Ro4e7yySL._SL1122_.jpg

Avalon (2001)

45804-avalon-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg

Total Recall (Arnold version)(technically had a game but it was a horrible NES title; some computer versions but modern gamers haven't played those plus they don't really capture tone of the film)

4dbb6127baa38ea18d11ab94c0750eb3.jpg

The Chronicle of Riddick

Vin-in-The-Chronicles-of-Riddick-vin-diesel-23061591-900-506.jpg

Babylon 5 (Sierra were making a game in 1998 but it was cancelled)

1467633440-babylon-5-cast.jpg

All I am seeing is a young Sharon Stone. What a babe!

Last edited:
A B5 RPG could work well especially because the production design stands out
Absolutely; I'm so LTTP on this show it's not even funny but the potential is clearly there. Would love if any of the major WRPG studios with a good grasp on scifi could pick it up as a license to make a game out of.

Probably one of Microsoft's acquisitions in Obisidian, Bethesda etc. would be the best chance. Maybe Bioware although they're having a lot of internal dev problems these days (hopefully resolved by time of a new Mass Effect). CDPR, well after the CP2077 fiasco I dunno, they have to prove themselves again.

You don't wanna have enthralling supermodels to do plastic surgery on while a serial killer attacks in your night after a hard day's work?

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Blade.

It really does baffle me that nobody has made a great Blade game yet. There were some games in the past but they weren't too great honestly. There is so much potential for a good game there. I think Blade is by far one of the more interesting and less utilised Marvel characters. I'll never forget how awesome those first two Wesley Snipes movies were.

Mhmmm 2077

Bright-Sequel.jpg

Bright bro-shooter GOW style. I believe the urban fantasy setting is very cool.

trollhunters-post51.jpg

Also TrollHunters (or the whole Tales of Arcadia saga), I mean, we got a game from WayForward, but it was disappointing. There is a very interesting world and way too much lore for it to be a budget platformer.

edit:

Also Buffy the Vampire Slayer could be cool, I guess. Oh, I see there is 6 of them already.

And once I had a dream about a survival games based on The Smurfs, were during the day you had to collect resources and upgrade your mushroom village, set traps etc. because at night Gargamel would invade the village, so you have to be prepared. Yeah I have weird dreams sometimes.

Last edited:
S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Bright-Sequel.jpg

Bright bro-shooter GOW style. I believe the urban fantasy setting is very cool.
Second this. Very cool concept and underrated movie. Not sure why critics ragged on it so much. It was one of the better things Netflix put out.

Physiocrat

Absolutely; I'm so LTTP on this show it's not even funny but the potential is clearly there. Would love if any of the major WRPG studios with a good grasp on scifi could pick it up as a license to make a game out of.

Probably one of Microsoft's acquisitions in Obisidian, Bethesda etc. would be the best chance. Maybe Bioware although they're having a lot of internal dev problems these days (hopefully resolved by time of a new Mass Effect). CDPR, well after the CP2077 fiasco I dunno, they have to prove themselves again.

I only saw B5 a few years ago. If it had been made today it would have been a more heavily arced and thus deeper show. So making it as a game gives licence to do something along these lines which fits perfectly with WRPGs. On Sci fi games though I am looking forward to seeing what Starfield is like.

VGEsoterica

Twin Peaks. Horror adventure game. Exactly like Deadly Premonition except set in the actual universe

BBCs Dracula 3 part series. Do a super gothic adventure game set in that universe with the giant time jumps

Quantum Leap : let Telltale (what's left of it) do an episodic adventure game

I only saw B5 a few years ago. If it had been made today it would have been a more heavily arced and thus deeper show. So making it as a game gives licence to do something along these lines which fits perfectly with WRPGs. On Sci fi games though I am looking forward to seeing what Starfield is like.

Only a few episodes in so I'm not necessarily sure how deep it goes; it IS episodic so that will impact depth in those terms surely, but thematically I like that even the first few episodes are dealing with some pretty heavy subject matter, either episode-specific or reoccurring like political espionage and feuding, with the level of depth here. Shows like this definitely feel like an outlier for their time; you were lucky to get stuff on this level from the premium channels like HBO, and even that didn't necessarily kick off (to my knowledge) until shows like The Sopranos or The Wire, and those were years later.

A WRPG just feels like such a good fit for the IP and, yeah, Starfield may be a good barometer to see if a studio like Bethesda in particular could be a best fit for such a game.

Top Bottom