• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How come we aren't seeing any new Hamtaro video games?

levyjl1988

Banned
Hamtaro came out in the 90's and was extremely successful. With all the nostalgia going around with Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon, Inyu Yasha, Naruto, OnePiece, Yu-Gi-Oh, Medabots, Monster Rancher etc, you would think Hamtaro would have some form of resurrection.
I greatly enjoyed Hamtaro: Ham-Hams Unite and Hamtaro Ham-Ham Heartbreak for the Gameboy. The Hamtaro franchise is so damn cute. You would think by now there would be an open-world Hamtaro game, have Ham-Ham customization to customize your Ham-Ham and create and organize your own Ham-Ham place.
The game could be similar to the aesthetic of Animal Crossing New Horizons. This franchise has the potential to print money.

Sadly the Hamtaro games aren't available digitally through the Nintendo Online subscription despite it being produced by Shigeru Miyamoto and published by Nintendo.
w9DjfBv.png

There is even a Legend of Zelda reference.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Hamtaro dark setting narrative game by naughty dog, M rating.

Lets go.

Trunx81

I fully support Ops claim! When I got my first Hamtaro game for review I thought “You’ve got to be kidding me”. Then I played it, expecting a turd - but it was great! They are harmless, addicting fun. Perfect to shut your brain off after a hard day. Ideal for kids and adults alike. Come on, Nintendo!

Top Bottom