• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some Movies or TV shows that would make excellent Video Games?

Physiocrat

Only a few episodes in so I'm not necessarily sure how deep it goes; it IS episodic so that will impact depth in those terms surely, but thematically I like that even the first few episodes are dealing with some pretty heavy subject matter, either episode-specific or reoccurring like political espionage and feuding, with the level of depth here. Shows like this definitely feel like an outlier for their time; you were lucky to get stuff on this level from the premium channels like HBO, and even that didn't necessarily kick off (to my knowledge) until shows like The Sopranos or The Wire, and those were years later.

A WRPG just feels like such a good fit for the IP and, yeah, Starfield may be a good barometer to see if a studio like Bethesda in particular could be a best fit for such a game.
Thematically it does some good stuff. And it gets better - I will say no more.

D.Final

Banned
Stardew Valley type game based on Napoleon Dynamite

200.gif

For real, game would be dope. You have a town setting, you can have tasks to do for the election, switch character with horny brother, maintain the barn or whatever, etc.
The game would be amazing.
THIS
I fully agree

Top Bottom